• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Most Economical Petrol Car In Sri Lanka

Martial

Good point.

Can't Autolanka owners make a Fuel Economy guide and publish as a CSR project. ?

All the relevant fuel economy data are available in the internet I suppose.

Isn't there a dedicated thread where members have shared their fuel economy numbers? That thread covers quite a lot of the Sri Lankan favorites.

Isn't there a dedicated thread where members have shared their fuel economy numbers? That thread covers quite a lot of the Sri Lankan favorites.

Yes. There is one and I have refereed it many times when need to get fuel efficiency figures. It has started April 2006 and seems continuously updating. Now it having 16 pages.

Well for some cars, you can't really predict the fuel economy (specially nissan).. For an instance the FB14 and the Presea has the same engine, but FB14 folks tend to say it has a good fuel economy than the presea hence the higher market... and also some presea owners say their auto does 11,12 which some say their does only 6,7... so car to car and the way you drive, it differs, so how can we provide or an average fuel economy for cars...

I mean, we can use data published using Japanese test cycles (10-15, JC08), US test results, etc, for guidance. By comparing the actual figures of well known cars in our context with those test data, we could deduce (or predict) other car's values.

IMO, referring a thread is not user friendly and the data could be highly diverse since they are provided by various people in various aspects. BTW, the thread is very informative to prepare the guideline which I proposed.

I mean, we can use data published using Japanese test cycles (10-15, JC08), US test results, etc, for guidance. By comparing the actual figures of well known cars in our context with those test data, we could deduce (or predict) other car's values.

Usually, if its a 10-15 year old car, and if a tuneup hasnt been done, the test cycle values could go wrong.. Usually we as car enthusiasts do a tuneups just after we buy a car but most car buyers wont do it and if they rely on test cycles it wont be accurate because within that 10 or more years of time, fuel efficiency can go down drastically.. for an example when I bought my new car recently, before the tuneup it did only 3km per lire in city.. and now after the tuneup it does more, didnt check the correct value after the tuneup yet...

Usually, if its a 10-15 year old car, and if a tuneup hasnt been done, the test cycle values could go wrong.. Usually we as car enthusiasts do a tuneups just after we buy a car but most car buyers wont do it and if they rely on test cycles it wont be accurate because within that 10 or more years of time, fuel efficiency can go down drastically.. for an example when I bought my new car recently, before the tuneup it did only 3km per lire in city.. and now after the tuneup it does more, didnt check the correct value after the tuneup yet...

What's your new car? a S-Class ?

IMO, referring a thread is not user friendly and the data could be highly diverse since they are provided by various people in various aspects. BTW, the thread is very informative to prepare the guideline which I proposed.

If the thread is to more user friendly, someone should tabulate all the entries and prepare a nice little spreadsheet (basically spoonfeed the data to someone who can't be bothered to put in some time to do a bit of online research)

And if it was just the fresh-out-of-the-factory models, you can have a single number against a particular model. But since quite a large chunk of the market still look for older cars, quite lot more aspects play a role and having multiple people reporting the actual numbers throughout the thread can paint a more realistic picture.

But hey, if you don't mind tabulating that thread, that indeed would be a great help for many

Yes. You are quite correct. We cannot prepare a 100% accurate document even we have testing facility. As Martial highlighted, what US Department of Energy did is enough for the moment. Since our government institutions are not so smart doing such kind of things, a private organization (like Autolanka) can lead this.

Yes. You are quite correct. We cannot prepare a 100% accurate document even we have testing facility. As Martial highlighted, what US Department of Energy did is enough for the moment. Since our government institutions are not so smart doing such kind of things, a private organization (like Autolanka) can lead this.

Actually https://www.fueleconomy.gov contains very valuable information and tools on the subject.

If we can make similar localized site it will be invaluable.

It was not all that long ago that typical threads on AL used to read "What's the fastest car in Sri Lanka?".....

Dear me, things have changed....

That would probably be the CAR plated P90D running around the streets. Well quickest at any rate.

Edited by terrabytetango