• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Most Economical Petrol Car In Sri Lanka

Martial

This is one of the dumbest questions I've seen in Autolanka. Sadly, this is the Sri Lankan mentality.

Agree with this.

He spends double the money maintaining it than I do, with a KQ- Ford. (I've seen him replacing clutch plates, brakes, door lock that seems to be breaking every 2 weeks and after all the repairs, the car still sounds like a tractor...)

But disagree with this as a person who used a Maruti Alto from 2007 to 2010. It's very cheaply maintainable car I ever used. However I have purchased it B/New and sold around 40K millage. Except oil and filter change, I have done only a rear wheel bearing change which cost around Rs. 3000. Nothing done other than that. Still the car is with my family member and using it well. BTW accepted that, the car is not much comfortable and since its manual, difficult to use in city traffic.

• Like 2

Agree with this.

But disagree with this as a person who used a Maruti Alto from 2007 to 2010. It's very cheaply maintainable car I ever used. However I have purchased it B/New and sold around 40K millage. Except oil and filter change, I have done only a rear wheel bearing change which cost around Rs. 3000. Nothing done other than that. Still the car is with my family member and using it well. BTW accepted that, the car is not much comfortable and since its manual, difficult to use in city traffic.

Well.. that's what I saw from my own eyes... at least, this would boil down to inconsistent QC...

There is no point of discussing the fuel economy of cars as far as notorious traffic congestions we experience today are considered. I live in kandy and often it takes two and half hours for the return trip peradeniya to kandy (mahamaya). Whatever the car we would use (perhaps not applicable for electric), there would not be much difference in the fuel consumption.

if your travel often to the city...don't think about the fuel consumption difference of 1-2 km/l when selecting cars. Just buy a well maintained car for a reasonable price.

This is one of the dumbest questions I've seen in Autolanka. Sadly, this is the Sri Lankan mentality.

You are only considering fuel economy, while ignoring the total cost of ownership. My neighbour has a KS- series Alto. He spends double the money maintaining it than I do, with a KQ- Ford. (I've seen him replacing clutch plates, brakes, door lock that seems to be breaking every 2 weeks and after all the repairs, the car still sounds like a tractor...) but hey u know what, it gives 16km/litre so he's very happy...

1. Who said you that I'm seeking for this information to buy a car?

2. Even if above is correct, who told you that I'm going to buy one purely based on answers to this question?

Please don't put your own "Sri Lankan Metality" on others head.

2. Even if above is correct, who told you that I'm going to buy one purely based on answers to this question?

So why are u asking this question? To waste people's time? Or are you one of those 'researchers' on fuel economy?

There's a suitable forum for people like u -its called elakiri.com

You will be very happy there.

• Like 7

Ah, just another ask-hole.

I guess you just want some ideas on the 'mentality' so that you can be the car-expert at the office-pantry.

• Like 6

So why are u asking this question? To waste people's time? Or are you one of those 'researchers' on fuel economy? There's a suitable forum for people like u -its called elakiri.com You will be very happy there.

Why do you waste your time by replying to irrelevant topic for you?

Just use your small brain to do the below before acting like a moron here.

1. go to http://forum.autolanka.com/

2. See the forum topics listed there and see their descriptions.

I. Auto Lanka -> General Automotive - For all general discussions of vehicles of all sorts..

II. ASK AN EXPERT -> Car Buying Information - Thinking about buying a new or pre-owned car? Discuss and get feedback about your new purchase.

I would ask my question under TOPIC II if I needed to consult a half-brain car buying expert like you. Instead I've posted my question under the relevant forum topic (I). This is not only a forum for buying and selling maniacs like you who don't even have enough brain to think that other people do have separate interests and motivations than you. This is a forum for people who have interest in automotives to discuss wide range of interests.

Have you seriously missed primary education?

• Like 1

Why do you waste your time by replying to irrelevant topic for you?

Just use your small brain to do the below before acting like a moron here.

1. go to http://forum.autolanka.com/

2. See the forum topics listed there and see their descriptions.

I. Auto Lanka -> General Automotive - For all general discussions of vehicles of all sorts..

II. ASK AN EXPERT -> Car Buying Information - Thinking about buying a new or pre-owned car? Discuss and get feedback about your new purchase.

I would ask my question under TOPIC II if I needed to consult a half-brain car buying expert like you. Instead I've posted my question under the relevant forum topic (I). This is not only a forum for buying and selling maniacs like you who don't even have enough brain to think that other people do have separate interests and motivations than you. This is a forum for people who have interest in automotives to discuss wide range of interests.

Have you seriously missed primary education?

You should have asked "What is the most (fuel) economical petrol car that you have used?"

For this question there is a separate thread and most of the cars in Sri Lankan market is extensively discussed.

From my experience in Sri Lanka when asking about fuel economy from another person, most of the time you will get an exaggerated false answer.

Even US government trying to enlighten the buyers with fuel economy guides.

"The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) produce the Fuel Economy Guide to help car buyers choose the most fuel-efficient vehicle that meets their needs."

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/guides/FEG2015.pdf

For some of the "Experts" in this forum gathering some knowledge from others about this topic is the "most dumbest" thing to do. What a weird world? :)

• Like 1

Even US government trying to enlighten the buyers with fuel economy guides.

"The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) produce the Fuel Economy Guide to help car buyers choose the most fuel-efficient vehicle that meets their needs."

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/guides/FEG2015.pdf

Good point.

Can't Autolanka owners make a Fuel Economy guide and publish as a CSR project. ?

All the relevant fuel economy data are available in the internet I suppose.

Good point.

Can't Autolanka owners make a Fuel Economy guide and publish as a CSR project. ?

All the relevant fuel economy data are available in the internet I suppose.

Well for some cars, you can't really predict the fuel economy (specially nissan).. For an instance the FB14 and the Presea has the same engine, but FB14 folks tend to say it has a good fuel economy than the presea hence the higher market... and also some presea owners say their auto does 11,12 which some say their does only 6,7... so car to car and the way you drive, it differs, so how can we provide or an average fuel economy for cars...