• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
throttle

Wanted! Vw Beetle 1973

Hi Guys,

Im looking for this car which my dad owned back in 80-90's just when I was born :P Please gimme a shout if anyone comes across this ride.. :D.. its a 1973 VW Beetle 8 (Sri) 7520... ( Yeah thats me on the hood :P )

1049177_474400859308547_570872441_o.jpg

• Like 1

I think you can request information from RMV did you try that already??

according to their site you can get info including

1. Name of the current owner
  2. Address of the current owner
  3. Name and address of the absolute ownership/ mortgage if any...

I think you can request information from RMV did you try that already??

according to their site you can get info including

1. Name of the current owner
  2. Address of the current owner
  3. Name and address of the absolute ownership/ mortgage if any...

Tried this online already :( Just says N/A sigh

Tried this online already :( Just says N/A sigh

ah hard luck in that case. Options now would be to keep eye on classifieds, classic car /vw groups on FB etc.

Edited by matroska

I just checked with my RMV android app. It's available. Unfortunately it's showing limited information for free. You could get full information from their web site with a charge. Try to search 8-7520.Hope you will get the full details and proudly own your father's VW.

Edited by AbeysinghE

I just checked with my RMV android app. It's available. Unfortunately it's showing limited information for free. You could get full information from their web site with a charge. Try to search 8-7520.Hope you will get the full details and proudly own your father's VW.

Thank you for the information :D I tried doing the same but its asking for a chassis number to get the full information :(

ah hard luck in that case. Options now would be to keep eye on classifieds, classic car /vw groups on FB etc.

Yeah :( seems like thats the only option

If you really need it, even you can publish a small news paper advertisement. I have seen few such advertisements asking present owner of the vehicle. :)

If you really need it, even you can publish a small news paper advertisement. I have seen few such advertisements asking present owner of the vehicle. :)

Good idea :) thanks buddy

No you can still obtain the owners details... go to rmv, you only need to pay Rs. 150/- and they will provide you the details over the counter :)

Thank you for the information :D I tried doing the same but its asking for a chassis number to get the full information :(

Then better visit to RMV and request the information directly. I think this would be the best thing to do..

Then better visit to RMV and request the information directly. I think this would be the best thing to do..

Yeah! Take that photo with you and show it to them. Then they'll understand the importance of this. :)

Yeah! Take that photo with you and show it to them. Then they'll understand the importance of this. :)

Exactly. Good point mate.. :rolleyes:

No you can still obtain the owners details... go to rmv, you only need to pay Rs. 150/- and they will provide you the details over the counter :)
Exactly. Good point mate.. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys! :D

Good luck with your search mate,I hope you get it soon,dont rely on RMV app as its not always uptodate

Cheers buddy :)

Also try the "classic car search" fb page.