• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Galant, Corolla, Bluebird & Carina - What Is The Best Choice..?

CK2

Best car for 1.5 - 1.6mn  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best car..?

• Mitsubishi Galant 1998 - 99
    • Toyota AE/CE 110 Pre facelift 1997 - 99
    • Nissan Bluebird 1997 - 99
    • Toyota Carina 190/192 1996 - 98

Hi,

Finally i sold my Lancer CB8 and looking for another car, its really helpful if you guys can help me choosing a one from below list.

My selection critria

Maximum budget - 1.6Mn

Fuel Type - Any

fuel consumption - higher than 8.5kmpl :prankster:

Transmission - Manual

Main considerations - Maintenance Cost, Spare parts availability , Handling , comfortability and should be a manual one.

Mitsubishi Galant 1998 - 99

Toyota Corolla/Sprinter 110(Pre facelift) 1997 - 99

Nissan Bluebird 1997 - 99

Toyota carina 190/192 1996 - 98

suggestions are warmly welcome.

thanks

Maximum budget - 1.6Mn

Main considerations - Maintenance Cost, Spare parts availability , Handling , comfortability and should be a manual one.

Toyota Corolla/Sprinter 110(Pre facelift) 1997 - 99

Nissan Bluebird 1997 - 99

Toyota carina 190/192 1996 - 98

*Galant good car but Spare parts arnt the easiest to find, but overall a great car

*Bluebird, if you going for a Petrol then its okay but a diesel feels like driving a dinky boat

*Theres no such thing as a T190 series carina after 1995. what your looking at is a T210 Series but those fetch over 1.7M now

* Best bet for you is a AE110 which will fulfull all your criteria..

That said i am Confused on why a Lancer CK2 is not in the list.

• Like 1

That said i am Confused on why a Lancer CK2 is not in the list.

thanks for the reply... i had a Lancer CK2 for 5 years and need a different car experience, thats y i removed the Ck2 from the list..and also CK2 prices are very high these days... :violent-smiley-027:

My selection critria

Maximum budget - 1.6Mn

Fuel Type - Any

fuel consumption - higher than 8.5kmpl :prankster:

Transmission - Manual

*Galant good car but Spare parts arnt the easiest to find, but overall a great car

CK2 - Doubt you'd get 8.5kmpl on city traffic. It'll be more like 6-7. But then again I come from the land of traffic, Battaramulla. When not on traffic, does comparatively well on fuel. Around 12-13. Never really cared to measure. But this seems to be the case with whatever the loose calculations I've done to please my hybrid driving brethren.

As for spare parts, engine bits and suspension bits can be found. Never really had any issues finding parts in both these regards. Preventive maintenance is what I do. So I plan everything and spend accordingly. IAC, TPS issues with Mitsu cars are well known. Those gremlins are something you'll have to learn to live with.

Galant has independent suspension and the car comes alive when you point it at bendy, winding roads. It's just amazing what such a big car can accomplish. (My suspension setup is different. So account for that as well.)

I usually keep track of available body parts in case the need arises. Headlights, windscreens are available. I keep track of at least 4 sets of headlights and windscreens. There are at least 2 boot lids and a bonnet available.

My Galant is on Tein coilovers meant for Galants and I have an Original Equipment Front Strut brace and a rear spoiler. None of these came with the car when I bought it. So parts can be found. You have to know whom to talk to. :)

Edited by Sierra Charlie
  • Like 1

thanks guys... decide to buy next good galant i found in next 2 3 weeks.... heart says buy a Galant....Brain says buy a 110....i decided to follwo the heart.. :speechless-smiley-004:

Did some research on both brands.... Galant diesel has 4d68 engine which is same as my previous car(cb8) and and its mitsubishi, i know where to find mitsu parts and personally i'm a Mitsubishi fan.... problem is finding a good galant within my budget.... :sad-smiley-066: . My second option is a 110.... we'll see.... :D

• Like 2

I'm just browsing through the older cars of the same era. Can an expert tell me what are the engine conditions of 20 year old cars like these. I guessing that these cars have done over 250,000 kms despite the millage.

P.S. also like to know about the condition of both manual / auto gear boxes of this much older cars.

• Like 1

thanks guys... decide to buy next good galant i found in next 2 3 weeks.... heart says buy a Galant....Brain says buy a 110....i decided to follwo the heart.. :speechless-smiley-004:

Did some research on both brands.... Galant diesel has 4d68 engine which is same as my previous car(cb8) and and its mitsubishi, i know where to find mitsu parts and personally i'm a Mitsubishi fan.... problem is finding a good galant within my budget.... :sad-smiley-066: . My second option is a 110.... we'll see.... :D

Oh wow! Another potential Galant Owner! Yay!

If you're interested, there's a Petrol, Manual Galant which might be up for sale in a few days.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is only pic I have now..will upload more pics later...

Previous owner is a AL member too...car is in very good condition, has all maintenance records, Hand book, workshop manual and every document related to the car. :D .

94R4Kv4.jpg

• Like 3

This is only pic I have now..will upload more pics later...

Previous owner is a AL member too...car is in very good condition, has all maintenance records, Hand book, workshop manual and every document related to the car. :D .

[img=http://i.imgur.com/94R4Kv4.jpg]

Hey! That's a clean car. Nice colour too. Good choice.

• Like 1