• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ac Condenser Fan

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi Guys,

It's about the custom fixed dual ac unit (since 2012) for my jeep and I need to do a little modification. So need your opinion first to decide whether it's worth (or not).

The condenser size is 13" * 18" and has 2 fans (6 inch blades I guess). Both are 24V and one takes about 4-5Amps to provide enough air to blow the leaves away on the road. (Due to this, the unit gets cold faster and switch off the compressor in few minutes)

However, what my idea is to replace those two fans with a single one ( with a custom made frame ) which can be 24V or 12V with a converter possibly with a brush-less motor (Don't know whether they are available & If not please say it)

So, please share your ideas about;

1. Are there any brush-less condenser fans available?

2. If so, will it provide enough blowing power to meet the above requirement?

3. And Is there a way I can measure how much of wind is needed to cool down the condenser (May be an electronic gadget attached to the fan? )

And finally, if things are worth trying, any suggestions of a model of the vehicle that comes such condenser fans so that I can have a look around delkanda or somewhere?

Please share your opinion. Appreciate your inputs here.

6 answers to this question

Reinvent the wheel , Do-not.

Your system seems to be working ok, why do you want to reduce the cooling of your A/c?

The two cooling fans may have been installed by a bloke who obviously knew what he was doing, otherwise you'd be complaining of it not cooling in the day time.

Worry not of the leaves on the ground been blown you should, instead, Enjoy your A/c ,

TT.

P.s As long as your alternator is doing it's job you shouldn't have any thing to worry about. If not just upgrade it.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

++If you need a recommendation for an up-grade to your jeep, might I suggest Power steering (if you don't have it) and/or

a Disc brake conversion

TT

I decided to keep the originals because I or my mechanics are not good enough to calculate the actual air flow needed for the condenser to cool down as it is designed to be originally.

Twin Turbo > Thanks for your suggestion. I have done the drum to disc conversion (Front & A bit recently) and PS (Long time back) but you made me think something else.

Originally 4DR5 comes with a Hand Brake lever next to the Steering (Left) and what we need is to lift it up harder. Normally, The lever is locked when it is lifted up and rotating a little to anti clock wise (Or clock wise :) ) releases it. My concern is that, if in case it was touched and rotated like I said before, it goes down which means the Hand Brake is off. I was thinking about this because after I fitted the Dual AC unit, In the cases of I leave the vehicle while others are inside and AC is on, Only this handbrake provide the safety. So in case if it releases (I have a 2 year old kid and I am really concern about this matter now. :) ) the vehicle looses the control.

Since this vehicle has a hand brake shoes mounted to the drive shaft, I kind of thinking whether it is possible to have an electronic pull type solenoid (Or something similar to that) which I can switch on and do the same as the manual lever does.

So If you guys have any idea about it, please share your thoughts. You know the requirement and suggest me something better. :) That will really help me.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 1