• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Genuine Mitsubishi Spare Parts

rsherath

Please search the forum.

For engine mounts, I don't think you will be able to find genuine parts outside UniMo.

Not exactly, you can get genuine parts from most of other reputed spare parts dealers too. Sometime prices are vee bit cheaper than of the agents.

p.s.

Dont shorten Unit#d Mot#rs to UniMo as UniMo is a different company. (Its a subsidiary of Unit#d Mot#rs and is the agent for Perodua and some other Chinese crap.) They do not have Mitsubishi Parts. :P

Cheers!

• Like 3

Not exactly, you can get genuine parts from most of other reputed spare parts dealers too. Sometime prices are vee bit cheaper than of the agents.

p.s.

Dont shorten Unit#d Mot#rs to UniMo as UniMo is a different company. (Its a subsidiary of Unit#d Mot#rs and is the agent for Perodua and some other Chinese crap.) They do not have Mitsubishi Parts. :P

Cheers!

I see. Things seem to have changed a bit over the last couple of years then. When I changed mounts on my CS3, genuines were only available at the agents. Also didn't know about UniMo being a subsidiary of Unit#d Mot#rs. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Please search the forum.

For engine mounts, I don't think you will be able to find genuine parts outside UniMo.

Thanks for the answer Davy. I did the search but couldn't find anything other than this

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/3884-mitsubishi-parts/

This one also finally updated in 2007. That's why I started new topic.

Please let me know if I missed something.

p.s.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot Trinity. If possible please name few of genuine spare parts dealers for Mitsubishi.

Thanks a lot Trinity. If possible please name few of genuine spare parts dealers for Mitsubishi.

Where are you located?

I usually buy parts from Siriwardhana Motors Kalutara & Wimal motors Moratuwa. Thas cuz those places are near to me.

And I've bought genuine Mitsubishi parts from Panchikawatte & JaEla (Thermostat & Some oil seals) as well.

Its like this, most of reputed spare parts palaces keep a stock of genuine parts that are having a higher demand. And some guys bring down genuine parts on order. Most of the time they give you a percentage of dealer discount that they receive from Unit#d Mot#rs. Thats why the parts are bit cheaper than of the agents. For example I bought the clutch release bearing (Genuine) through Siriwardhana Motors Kalutara. They gave me a 5% discount for the part which ultimately made it bit cheaper than the price the agent was quoting.

I believe this is the same case with other brands as well . Nissan, Toyota & etc..

In your case i doubt you'd be able to source out genuine engine mounts from anywhere else but the agents. Just try to find a place where they undertake to bring down parts for you. And cross check the prices and opportunity cost of them both and go for the best option.

p.s.

For the millionth time, you can always call Mahinda.

p.p.s

Now dont ask me who Mahinda is. :)

• Like 1

Mahinda has genuine but reconditioned parts. For engine mounts, recon doesn't make sense. But he might be able to point you to someone who does brand new genuine parts.

OP, use the following method to search the forum:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15808-how-to-search-on-autolanka/

Again wrong, WTF is wrong with you today? Just two weeks back I bought a Brand New Genuine Ignition coil (with packaging) for a Cedia that belongs to friend of mine.

Mahinda does sell brand new genuine parts, but not in mass scale like his recon parts business.

Again wrong, WTF is wrong with you today? Just two weeks back I bought a Brand New Genuine Ignition coil (with packaging) for a Cedia that belongs to friend of mine.

Mahinda does sell brand new genuine parts, but not in mass scale like his recon parts business.

*** Goes into hiding in a cave ***

I think it's best that I don't comment on local garages and spare part suppliers. I clearly have lost touch.

• Like 1

I think it's best that I don't comment on local garages and spare part suppliers. I clearly have lost touch.

Mommy and daddy are having a fight. We poor children. :(

Edited by Sierra Charlie
  • Like 4

Ha ha..

I can give you home work. I have a list of things that i need to buy for the car, I'll give you that.

You can search the places and buy em for me.

You get updated about the spare parts places & me get new parts for the car.

What ya say? :)

Where are you located?

I usually buy parts from Siriwardhana Motors Kalutara & Wimal motors Moratuwa. Thas cuz those places are near to me.

And I've bought genuine Mitsubishi parts from Panchikawatte & JaEla (Thermostat & Some oil seals) as well.

Its like this, most of reputed spare parts palaces keep a stock of genuine parts that are having a higher demand. And some guys bring down genuine parts on order. Most of the time they give you a percentage of dealer discount that they receive from Unit#d Mot#rs. Thats why the parts are bit cheaper than of the agents. For example I bought the clutch release bearing (Genuine) through Siriwardhana Motors Kalutara. They gave me a 5% discount for the part which ultimately made it bit cheaper than the price the agent was quoting.

I believe this is the same case with other brands as well . Nissan, Toyota & etc..

In your case i doubt you'd be able to source out genuine engine mounts from anywhere else but the agents. Just try to find a place where they undertake to bring down parts for you. And cross check the prices and opportunity cost of them both and go for the best option.

p.s.

For the millionth time, you can always call Mahinda.

p.p.s

Now dont ask me who Mahinda is. :)

Maradana and Piliyandala

Hi

Im also looking for "Engine Oil dip stick" - "thel koora" for my 2003 CS3.

Stick has been braked from its neck and separated plastic handle and metal stick.

Checked most spare parts places in Katugastota area and didnt find it.

Search on Ebay and Amozon not get result.

Where I can find this ?

Thanks

Amia

Hi

Im also looking for "Engine Oil dip stick" - "thel koora" for my 2003 CS3.

Stick has been braked from its neck and separated plastic handle and metal stick.

Checked most spare parts places in Katugastota area and didnt find it.

Search on Ebay and Amozon not get result.

Where I can find this ?

Thanks

Amia

For parts like this UM is the best when u give vehicle details they will give you a quote and generally parts will come within couple pf weeks. I don't think anybody stock them.

I found the prices they quote for the parts ordered to be reasonable may be due to the fact that they do not need to stock or tie up their money on them

• Like 1

For parts like this UM is the best when u give vehicle details they will give you a quote and generally parts will come within couple pf weeks. I don't think anybody stock them.

I found the prices they quote for the parts ordered to be reasonable may be due to the fact that they do not need to stock or tie up their money on them

Exactly my thoughts.

• 4 years later...