• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Exi Obd Port Location

sira

Hi Guys

where is the OBD port location on EK3 Exi 98. is it OBd2 or Obd 3

Please advice

sira

First of all there is no such thing as an obd 3. It's obd 1 which is a manufacturer specific port (example 17 pin Mazda diagnostic port) and obd 2 which is a standardised port across all brands.

If your car does have an obd 2 port it should be under the driver footwell. Why i said "if" is because some pre 2000 cars didn't come with obd ports. My old ek didn't have it.

Obd is an American Standard and it wasn't implemented globally until 2006.so only models that were meant for us export had obd ports from 2000-2006.

Hi,

It is a 3pin connector in the passenger side kick panel in my 2000 ek3. is it bit above the panel. you can see it. plug in to a green color rubber housing. check the picture.

20160322_130131_2.jpg

Thank you very much

where can i find the Obd2 to this 3 pin adapter

That's the Honda 3 pin diagnostic connector. It is not an obd 2 connector. There are 3 pin to 16 pin obd adapter cables but you will not get any reading on a cheap eBay elm 327 scanner. You need a dedicated scan tool to read from this adapter.