• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Or Mazda 6

Quiet

C*l*n*a* is advertising Mazda 6 2L Skyactive version for Rs.7.10Mn. Mazda Axela in local vehicle sales is around Rs.6.6-6.9Mn. What is the opinion of you guys. Which would be better and what is the fuel consumption of a Mazda 6 2L. Is it under powered for its size.

C*l*n*a* is advertising Mazda 6 2L Skyactive version for Rs.7.10Mn. Mazda Axela in local vehicle sales is around Rs.6.6-6.9Mn. What is the opinion of you guys. Which would be better and what is the fuel consumption of a Mazda 6 2L. Is it under powered for its size.

The 6 is a better car in basically every sense than the Axela Hybrid except for the option load. The axela has the Heads up display and some other toys (not quite sure as I've never checked one out) that you don't get in the 6 2.0L but the 6 has basicallly everything you really need as standard including bluetooth integration.

The 2.0 L 6 will do between 8 and 10 Km/l in colombo depending on how it's driven (speaking from personal experience). The engine does need to be revved hard if you want to move really quickly as there isn't a whole lot of low end torque, but the car doesn't feel underpowered unless you're switching over from a serious performance machine (friend of mine switched over to a 6 from a Subary legacy B4 TT and obviously to him the 6 felt slow). For all normal driving it feels perfectly fine and has enough power to have fun if you rev it up and use the manual shifting mode or the sport mode.

Note that although the Axela hybrid has the same 2.0 L motor it is drastically detuned for the hybrid application and doesn't put out any more real world power than the non Hybrid 3. I'm not sure what the fuel consumption is like but it won't be on the same level as the Prius or Corolla Hybrids etc.

Overall, unless you want a smaller car (the 6 is quite big, as big as an F10 5 Series) or absolutely MUST have the tech toys that the Axela has, the 6 is definitely the better choice.

Mazda axela in local vehicle sales is the 2.0L Skyactiv Hybrid whereas Mazda 6 you can get through Coloni@l is a Skyacive 2.0L (also 2.5L available) and it's a non-hybrid. It's always better to go for a car you can order brand new through agent with warranty.(In this case the Mazda 6, as I remember 100,000km or 3 years warranty-whichever occurs first)

Saying Mazda 6 is under powered is total BS.

You can also refer to the thread by SupraNatural on Mazda 6 which ended up him buying one. As he says it's surprisingly fuel efficient for it's size. But won't do as good as Axela since it's a hybrid.

And also axela is a compact sedan whereas 6 is a mid-sized sedan. So you obviously get better cabin space and trunk space with 6 .

The 6 is a better car in basically every sense than the Axela Hybrid except for the option load. The axela has the Heads up display and some other toys (not quite sure as I've never checked one out) that you don't get in the 6 2.0L but the 6 has basicallly everything you really need as standard including bluetooth integration.

The 2.0 L 6 will do between 8 and 10 Km/l in colombo depending on how it's driven (speaking from personal experience). The engine does need to be revved hard if you want to move really quickly as there isn't a whole lot of low end torque, but the car doesn't feel underpowered unless you're switching over from a serious performance machine (friend of mine switched over to a 6 from a Subary legacy B4 TT and obviously to him the 6 felt slow). For all normal driving it feels perfectly fine and has enough power to have fun if you rev it up and use the manual shifting mode or the sport mode.

Note that although the Axela hybrid has the same 2.0 L motor it is drastically detuned for the hybrid application and doesn't put out any more real world power than the non Hybrid 3. I'm not sure what the fuel consumption is like but it won't be on the same level as the Prius or Corolla Hybrids etc.

Overall, unless you want a smaller car (the 6 is quite big, as big as an F10 5 Series) or absolutely MUST have the tech toys that the Axela has, the 6 is definitely the better choice.

I started typing before you replied Supra. So if I have repeated somethin you've already posted, I beg your pardon.

As Supra said you get more bells and whistles in Axela hybrid such as

*Active driving display

*Bi-xenon discharge lamps

*Day time running lamps

These options do not come with Mazda 6 2.0L but the latter two are available with 2.5L one. I'm not sure about the Active driving display though.

Anyway 6 is a better choice IMO

Edited by sathyajithj99

Since i am interested in buying a Mazda 6 i cheked with a friend who imports vehicles. According to him a Mazda Atenza sedan 2L hybrid (JDM equivalent of Mazda 6) is approx 2.0Mn JPY in auction, roughly same value as Axela (he sent me details of one available)

1.Does any one know why not much of such vehicles are imported to SL, any issues with the vehicle?

2.What is the tax involved as we couldnt find the tax

Edited by Quiet

Since i am interested in buying a Mazda 6 i cheked with a friend who imports vehicles. According to him a Mazda Atenza sedan 2L hybrid (JDM equivalent of Mazda 6) is approx 2.0Mn JPY in auction, roughly same value as Axela (he sent me details of one available)

1.Does any one know why not much of such vehicles are imported to SL, any issues with the vehicle?

Probably because it would end up costing just as much as the 6 is brand new from the agent. When that option is available for the same price, people generally tend to go with the brand new choice (actual enforceable warranty, "peace of mind" etc).

As to why the Attenza hybrid isn't imported, perhaps you should ask that question from your friend who imports vehicles? He might be able to give an answer.

Only Sri Lanka customs will be able to give you the right answer regarding the tax, so maybe call them up and ask?

The Atenza does NOT come in Hybrid form ! NOW YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY IT IS NOT BEING IMPORTED !

I think your friend got himself confused between the Axela and Atenza....it is not like he can import and sell you a car that is not even being manufactured :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

If you went through this thread from the beginning, you would have come across that the Mazda 3 we can import through agents misses a lot of good stuff compared to the JDM Axela hybrid we get in local car sales. (Eg - Skyactiv engine, Active driving display, Bi-Xenon discharge lamps )

But when it comes to Mazda 6, the one we can order through agents has almost all the bells and whistles that its JDM version -Attenza has. (Like Skyactiv engine )

And there won't be much of a price difference as well as Supra pointed out of a brand new 6 ordered through agents and a reconditioned Attenza ordered through a local importer.

So it would be better to go for a 6 IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Quiet said:

Finally had to settle for a 2015 used Mazda 6. Dark blue 2.0L. mileage only 5000Km used by this professor. sparingly used

Good Call, plenty of warranty left and barely run so all good. How much did you pay if you don't mind the question?

43 minutes ago, Quiet said:

6.8Mn bought on impulse, do not know if its too high.

Considering the state of the market at the moment that seems pretty ok, if anything you got a good deal since it's a 2015 and has very low miles. 

5 hours ago, Quiet said:

Finally had to settle for a 2015 used Mazda 6. Dark blue 2.0L. mileage only 5000Km used by this professor. sparingly used

Is it professor Jay#ntha Jay...... 's car. I saw it advertised for 8.5M on quick site. How did you manage to get it for 6.8M :o

well the conditions the guy sets, its difficult to sell even a Toyota let alone a Mazda, No leases, cant value, need cash which has to be delivered to home, although he is a nice person  he is no marketeer, so its only a nut head like me who will be patient enough with him..

Would you believe, once i got into his good books he gave me the car and documents without even counting the cash i delivered to his home.

One question on the car. I couldn't find a switch on driver side to lock all the doors from inside. Is there a option i need to set to make it lock when the car gets to some sorta speed?

7 hours ago, Quiet said:

well the conditions the guy sets, its difficult to sell even a Toyota let alone a Mazda, No leases, cant value, need cash which has to be delivered to home, although he is a nice person  he is no marketeer, so its only a nut head like me who will be patient enough with him..

Would you believe, once i got into his good books he gave me the car and documents without even counting the cash i delivered to his home.

One question on the car. I couldn't find a switch on driver side to lock all the doors from inside. Is there a option i need to set to make it lock when the car gets to some sorta speed?

If memory serves correctly, locking the driver's door lock from inside will lock all the doors. As to the locking above a certain speed, you can set it in vehicle settings in the MZD connect system.

10 hours ago, Quiet said:

I was keeping an eye on this car advertisement from the beginning. First he asked for 10 million.  Then within a few days it dropped to 9.5 million. Then it was 8.5 and the ad is still there with the price tag of 8.5 million. 

Anyway congrats on your purchase.  You're really lucky if you bought it for 6.8 million.