• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me To Recognize Whether It Is A Fault Or Just The Car's Nature

alpha17

Hello everybody,

I'm in a doubt since yesterday whether there is a problem in my engine.i got a chance to drive my friend's 2010 axio.i put it in the sport mode and rushed and i was truely amazed by it's performance.and there was 4 people in the car.but the acceleration is simply amazing.what i noticed is my 121 having the same engine is much slower.i know i got the 4spd auto while axio got cvt.and also 121 is lighter by nearly 100kgs.i noticed mine lacks power when overtaking.one thing that i noticed was when sometimes (for fun) floor the pedal to the end the gear changes in 4.5-5k rpm.i doesnt go upto 6k rpm.only when i put to L and then to 2 only it goes up to 6.5k rpm.i've seen here in AL some members have mentioned that 121 can accelerate faster than axio.but yesterday i clearly saw the opposite thing.anyway is it just the nature of the 121 (becoz axio got cvt) or there is a fault in mine's engine.here is my car's status

-done 130000kms(axio is 72000km and it is hired for sl army)

-did engine tune up and trans oil change in 97000km

-maf sensor is not cleaned since the tune up

What should i do now or its just the nature???experts plz help me.....

Hello everybody,

I'm in a doubt since yesterday whether there is a problem in my engine.i got a chance to drive my friend's 2010 axio.i put it in the sport mode and rushed and i was truely amazed by it's performance.and there was 4 people in the car.but the acceleration is simply amazing.what i noticed is my 121 having the same engine is much slower.i know i got the 4spd auto while axio got cvt.and also 121 is lighter by nearly 100kgs.i noticed mine lacks power when overtaking.one thing that i noticed was when sometimes (for fun) floor the pedal to the end the gear changes in 4.5-5k rpm.i doesnt go upto 6k rpm.only when i put to L and then to 2 only it goes up to 6.5k rpm.i've seen here in AL some members have mentioned that 121 can accelerate faster than axio.but yesterday i clearly saw the opposite thing.anyway is it just the nature of the 121 (becoz axio got cvt) or there is a fault in mine's engine.here is my car's status

Been there :smilie_liebe9:

Hello everybody,

Even though Axio and Corolla (121) share the same Engine (1NZ-FE), most of the components in the Axio is totally different, for example Injectors, Head, ECU Map is totally different than previous Gen corolla. added CVT to that list you'll get a totally different car.

I've driven both these cars(1500cc ) and when it comes to power or acceleration, I haven't felt much difference except for the smooth gear shifting of the axio due to CVT gear box.What is the engine capacity of the 121 you mentioned? If it is 1300cc, what you've experienced is quite understandable.

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sathyajithj99" data-cid="290351" data-time="1458298722"><p>

I've driven both these cars(1500cc ) and when it comes to power or acceleration, I haven't felt much difference except for the smooth gear shifting of the axio due to CVT gear box.What is the engine capacity of the 121 you mentioned? If it is 1300cc, what you've experienced is quite understandable.</p></blockquote>

Mine is a 1500cc mate...have u experienced the same thing???

Edited by DhoRK

What i experienced was quite strange.ok lets say axio's got cvt and newer parts.with four grown ups in the car and weights more than a 121....is it the time for a tune up and injector clean and auto tranny oil change again???

What i experienced was quite strange.ok lets say axio's got cvt and newer parts.with four grown ups in the car and weights more than a 121....is it the time for a tune up and injector clean and auto tranny oil change again???

I've driven both these cars(1500cc ) and when it comes to power or acceleration, I haven't felt much difference except for the smooth gear shifting of the axio due to CVT gear box.What is the engine capacity of the 121 you mentioned? If it is 1300cc, what you've experienced is quite understandable.

Mine is a 1500cc mate...have u experienced the same thing???
As I said in my previous post, I didn't experience much difference in 121 and axio when it comes to acceleration or power, except axio had smooth gear shifting compared to the 121.

I don't know whether you're 121 is having an issue or not, but you mentioned last ATF change was on 97 k and now the mileage is 130k. So it is better to change ATF.

Edited by sathyajithj99

I'm in a doubt how could there be much difference as both cars carry same horsepower and nearly same torque..then there should be a fault in my engine....i notice when overtaking its not as good as before.i've driven 30000kms after engine tune up and tranny oil changeand maf sensor cleaning.is it the time for a tune up????

Totally irrelevant to the post but I was wondering if anyone has driven and compared the 1500CC axio and the 1600CC LanEX? is there a noticeable difference in acceleration?

I have driven the lan but not the axio. EX felt way better than my CS3

I'm kind of crazy bro....axio is considerably faster.amazing for a 1.5l motor.not fast as a race car.but when my friend drove it,he floored the pedal and it rocks.pretty amazed.he's a brutal driver.he tried to overtake a car when we are going over 100kmh but a lorry came from the other side.

So he suddenly turned back to our lane without even applying brakes.it really handled well.

Totally irrelevant to the post but I was wondering if anyone has driven and compared the 1500CC axio and the 1600CC LanEX? is there a noticeable difference in acceleration?

I have driven a manual 1.6L EX GLS and I would like to quote something that trinity said some time back to describe the comparison:

No corolla is better than a Lancer. Period!

As for OP's concern, you have answered your own question in the original post by describing the major differences between the two cars.

• Like 1

I'm kind of crazy bro....axio is considerably faster.amazing for a 1.5l motor.not fast as a race car.but when my friend drove it,he floored the pedal and it rocks.pretty amazed.he's a brutal driver.he tried to overtake a car when we are going over 100kmh but a lorry came from the other side.

So he suddenly turned back to our lane without even applying brakes.it really handled well.

I remember a video posted about Nissan CVT technology describes an exact same scenario. As soon as you take your put off gas CVT will decelerate the car and pretty advantageous when you take corners in speed as well.

Â

I remember a video posted about Nissan CVT technology describes an exact same scenario. As soon as you take your put off gas CVT will decelerate the car and pretty advantageous when you take corners in speed as well.

I guess you reffered to this video

Yes, it is true. When I drive out of the city limits and maintain a constant speed like 80kmph, even the road is winding, I barely have to use the brakes at the bends.

Edited by sathyajithj99

Ohhhhhh hell nooo! Ex is far superior in every other aspect with the exception of fuel economy. It also has most torque at low end from any Japanese sedan I have driven.