• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abnormal Sound From Engine Bay (Only At The Cold Start)

Gamarala

Question

Hi Experts,

When I start the car (only in cold start), there is an abnormal sound keep coming from engine bay for about 5 - 10 minutes. But when the engine gets warm, this sound disappears. It is clearly a rattling sound from the engine bay. When this sound is present, I can feel a little vibration to the interior of the car. This happens only when I start the car in the morning. When the engine is warm, this sound is not audible. Issue started 2 weeks back. No repairs were done to the car for last 12 months . What could be the reason?

Car : Toyota Prius ZVW30 (mfd.year 2010)

ODO Meter : 88,000 km

Major Repairs : Complete steering rack and tie rods were replaced by Toyota Lanka 1 year and 2 months back due to a noise problem (at the cost of Rs. 114,000)

2 answers to this question

Ouch,new steering rack after just 88,000km?

Anyway about the rattling,try google for T-SB-0204-11. Some say it's due to carbon building due to non-aggressive driving style and goes away if you accelerated hard.