• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SMadu

Hi Experts,

I'm considering to purchasing a Toyota RAV 4. But I do not have much knowledge about that vehicle. With some search I understood the market value of that model for YOM 2000 vehicle comes around 25 lacks during these days.

I need to know following information about that vehicle.

Is is a reliable vehicle

Is the price for YOM 2000 auto vehicle of that model is around 25 lacks

How about the fuel consumption when transmission is auto

Pros and cons in 1.8 l engine and 2 l engine

Any better vehicle I can consider for that price range (below 25 lacks) ?

Appreciate your valuable ideas.

Thanks

I believe there is no wrong in doing a new post regarding RAV 4 because of there were no recent posts for that model. I just wanted to have a comparison by considering the factors like reliability / performance and price.

Due to the market conditions in these days most of the common vehicle models are over priced. But it looks like the models like RAV has not been impacted that much. Anyway I prefer to get to know the current market condition with my search.

I believe there is no wrong in doing a new post regarding RAV 4 because of there were no recent posts for that model. I just wanted to have a comparison by considering the factors like reliability / performance and price.

Due to the market conditions in these days most of the common vehicle models are over priced. But it looks like the models like RAV has not been impacted that much. Anyway I prefer to get to know the current market condition with my search.

You can always continue the discussion on a thread that is already there.

No recent threads? Someone like you opened a thread just last month! And members have actually given comprehensive answers.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/17538-recommendation-on-toyota-rav4-4wd/

I think you agree that it's much easier to find information when they are consolidated into a few threads, rather than being scattered over hundreds of threads across the forum. Makes it much easier for new members to find information.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

You really don't need a recent post for a car that is 16 years old ! Nothing much would have changed except for the market price. Starting a thread looking for current market prices is really a waste of forum space and members' time. For that you best do some research yourself by checking the classifieds, going to car sales, etc...

adding new thread for rav4 is useless according to me. first what to do was search search and search on google or AL or what ever where, if u cant find anything relevant start thread in AL

Is is a reliable vehicle

Is is a reliable vehicle

RAV4's fuel consumption is not acceptable , it done around 7-10KM/L ,readability is based on fuel, it;s not good, reliability is based on spare part, according to Toyota genuine or original parts is good reliable.

If transmission is auto any vehicle fuel consumption is little bit less, and resell value will little bit high, anyway according to my point of view rav4 is not a popular vehicle in srilanka , u can buy sedan like 121 in same price range as very reliable vehicle in all the aspects. But if u are a SUV lover no doubt go for it

I don't think anyone should be buying a SUV thinking about fuel economy.

Just so you know....the 1.8 which is either the ZCA25 - 3door or the ZCA26 - 4door; came only in 2WD form. So in essence you have a jeep looking heavy station wagon. If fuel consumption is a concern for you...buy a station wagon.

Thanks for your responses.

With that information I feel that I should rethink whether I should go for a RAV 4 or a car since it is not an actual SUV.

What do you consider an actual SUV ? Within the SUV segment you get sub-segments based on size. What I said was that the 1.8L which is a 2WD is not that SUVish when it comes to off road functionality. The same goes for the 2WD variants of cars like the X-Trail, CR-V, etc...other than that the RAV4 and other offerings from other brands in the segment are nifty little off-roaders and are a lot better at off roading than the crossovers like the Vezel or the Juke. Just don't expect to do an hard core off roading.

I guess what you should be thinking is what you want a SUV for ?

Going back to my original statement....if you are thinking of fuel economy..then a SUV is not for you...