• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SMadu

Hi Experts,

I'm looking for a help from you. I sold my car recently and need to go for a car for about 2 Mil. My idea is to by a car for that price and use it for about one and half years and go for a better one later since due to some other reasons I'm not in a position to spend more than that during this year. With some search I found Bluebird Sylphy as a decent car which is available for my budget. But I would like to get to know following information about that car.

YOM - 2001 - 2004

Transmission - Auto

Fuel consumption in 1.5 l model and 2 l model ?

At the same time I'm considering following vehicles too.

Toyota Cami

Mazda Familia 1.5 Auto

FB 15 New shell 1.5 Auto

Toyota 110 1.5 Auto

Swifts (Indian) zxi YOM 2007 / 8

Appreciate your support.

You won't be able to find a 2 litre one that easily, I've seen only 2 of them so far. There is a model with a 1.8 litre engine which is widely available. No idea about the fuel economy of that even though I was looking to buy one some time back.1.5 would roughly do 8-9 in city and 13 outstation. One thing I can say for sure is that it's a very comfortable car for the money.

Edited by NRX

Hi NRX,

Thanks for the information. Actually there was a car for sale which was marked as 1.9 engine and in the photos it could be noted the 2.0 badge. Anyway according to your information 1.5 would be more common and economical.

Hi NRX,

It is not clear what you have mentioned as "1.5 lacks the oomph while the 1.8 got enough" ?

Thanks

The 1.5 doesn't have suffice power and is not good at accelerating. The 1.8 is okay.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I was driving this vehicle ( 1.5 L) for abt 4 years.

The power not so great but OK. Did about 9- 10km in city initially and later i changed the wheel size. Then fuel economy came down drastically to 7 -8 km.

I was quite happy with it based on following

Nice interior

Comfy ride

Nice road handling

The other side of the coin ..

Suspension needs regular maintenance

Thirsty on fuel

Other than that no complains what so ever....

Edited by DVT

Thanks DVT and Bubi.

I agree with both of you. The major point I considered the Sylphy is because of it's interior quality and the price. At the same time FB 15 new shell is also a good car even though it's interior quality is not that much attractive like Sylphy's. Anyway the FB 15 has a better market in SL. The problem is due to the inflated market condition during there days, it looks like most of the FB 15 s advertised look over priced. :speechless-smiley-006: