• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Ca18I Engine- Help!

tuner88

Hi Folks,

I need information about nissan CA18i engine.

p1.jpg?ct=54a24e565f9d

information regarding.

*good and bad

*daily usability of this engine - at least for few months !

*and what swap possibilities for this in near future - Rbs? SRs?

*what can be recovered from this engine for the swap project?

thanks any information will be much helpful.

Good luck with the new project, no idea about this engine model but looks like it's with same platform as 1.3, 1.5 nissan at the era. If all the vacuum lines in place around the carb you should be to drive this as a daily drive.

Regards

JC

Score!!!

Yes....it def. is ! Saw pics of her and in person ones and she does look nice and pure.

Although I had no idea a Skyline came with TBI :)..At first I was shocked to see the engine bay pic; thinking that it was a carb sitting on the engine :D

Score!!!

The last one I saw here had it's tail light chopped up in a botched "GTR conversion" attempt :(

Yes....it def. is ! Saw pics of her and in person ones and she does look nice and pure.

Although I had no idea a Skyline came with TBI :)..At first I was shocked to see the engine bay pic; thinking that it was a carb sitting on the engine :D

ah that explains the rear tail light confusion i had mmm, anyways chances are some what "nil" for me now as the asking price is bit over my budget :)

Hi Folks,

I need information about nissan CA18i engine.

p1.jpg?ct=54a24e565f9d

information regarding.

*good and bad

*daily usability of this engine - at least for few months !

*and what swap possibilities for this in near future - Rbs? SRs?

*what can be recovered from this engine for the swap project?

thanks any information will be much helpful.

If the rest of the car is in the same shape as this engine bay seems it must be pretty tidy so if the price is right, go for it!

As for swaps, since it's a Skyline, RB series all the way! There are a couple of RB25DETs with gearbox and harness kicking around in SL for sale at the moment on the book of faces and other sales sites.

Good luck!