• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan March K10

SANCAR

Question

Hi friends,

I' planning to buy a Nissan March K10 car and have 7-8 lakhs to spend for a car.. I've gone through previous threads and couldn't find enough information about March K10. My concerns are

1. Fuel consumption = 15 km/l

2. Easy maintenance.

3. Traveling long distance without car troubles. (colombo - Matara highway)

guys, Pls tell me whether these are capable with March K10.

Thanks.

23 answers to this question

7-8 Laks is not a reasonable amount to be spent on a trouble less car. If fuel consumption is your prime concern go for a Indian model. Though remember Indian cars tend to rust pretty badly after 2-3 years of use. So my opinion is that you add some more money and look for a car around 12-14 laks range.

Bubi,

I have estimated to spend 7.50 lakhs for March K10 (1990,1991 model) and other 70-80K to develop it. I have seen properly maintained March K10s and I used to love them. and I do not like indian ones also.

Thanks.

1990 means that car is old about 25 years. Which means it's engine might be in a totally unreliable state even if it was changed once. So arrange about 2-3 laks more for possible repairs. It might go up even more. So what I feel is that it's a bloody waste of money to buy a 25 years old car. Better you collect some more money to about 15 laks and then buy some decent car with less troubles.

Bro,

If you have only that amount of money and do you really need a car (mean you desperately need a car, eg.small baby, pregy wife, job requirement ..) then simply forget your love and go for the need. Maruti 800s with late K plates go for cheap these days. Cars are not like wives , you can chase your dreams once you are capable enough. Till then ride one safely. Wanna stress "safely" cos they are lack of lot of safety features .

• Like 2

ok,if you have 8 lakhs as total budget then rule no one is keep aside 1 lakh for repairs as any 2nd hand car will have issues that need to be sorted so that will leave you with 7 lakhs for that price you can either buy a Maruti as some suggested or if you dont want a Maruti you can buy a Proton Wira for 750 if your lucky or go for a Ford Laser 18- series which are good cars but you wont get 15kmpl,we have a 92 model Ford Laser and best I have got on a long trip is 13.25kmpl (1200cc engine) you can also go a little bit older buy a bullet proof Toyota Corolla DX wagon in mint condition for less than 6 lakhs and they are good cars and will be easy to maintain,Nissan March K10 is ok but they are not that popular

Edited by carboy2011

there are some good ones around Kandy and if i am not wrong it is known as the nisaasn micra in other countries. My frined had one and looks apart it was a silent ride with AC,but do not pay anything more than 6k. parts are easy to find as per my friend. he has a 15sri one which original hood railings. at 8k u can even look for nisssan HB12 ( trad sunny) or even mitsubishi mirage( wijeweera model) or lancer C12 which are also good options

is the proton wira a common car....i think it is even rare than the K10. the other thing i have noted is that even 300- marutis go for about 7.5k

ok,if you have 8 lakhs as total budget then rule no one is keep aside 1 lakh for repairs as any 2nd hand car will have issues that need to be sorted so that will leave you with 7 lakhs for that price you can either buy a Maruti as some suggested or if you dont want a Maruti you can buy a Proton Wira for 750 if your lucky or go for a Ford Laser 18- series which are good cars but you wont get 15kmpl,we have a 92 model Ford Laser and best I have got on a long trip is 13.25kmpl (1200cc engine) you can also go a little bit older buy a bullet proof Toyota Corolla DX wagon in mint condition for less than 6 lakhs and they are good cars and will be easy to maintain,Nissan March K10 is ok but they are not that popular

You can reach 15 kmpl in most above mentioned cars only by pushing it in the return journey .

Am I the only one smell a troll?

Decide who is the Troll...

I'm asking about Nissan March K10 and you are mentioning other cars. Be specific.

I know some cars which belonging to my friends and they have reached 15km/l. (starlet EP71, Daihatsu Coure 1996, Maruti 1996)

Most of the new comers start a new topic in "car buying information" to get more ideas for buying a car. They may have zero or little knowledge about the field. That is why they are Asking from Expert. So called experts should not capture weak points of new comers and should not try to humiliate and discourage them. Experts are good teachers for their students.

Decide who is the Troll...

I'm asking about Nissan March K10 and you are mentioning other cars. Be specific.

I know some cars which belonging to my friends and they have reached 15km/l. (starlet EP71, Daihatsu Coure 1996, Maruti 1996)

Most of the new comers start a new topic in "car buying information" to get more ideas for buying a car. They may have zero or little knowledge about the field. That is why they are Asking from Expert. So called experts should not capture weak points of new comers and should not try to humiliate and discourage them. Experts are good teachers for their students.

Mate other were only trying to help you by suggesting other cars

The cars you mention are now quite old and will have issues and no you cant alway get 15 kmpl and as far as I know K10 wont go anywhere near 15 kmpl ,Unilevers used it a lot and so did some cab companies in the late 80's and early 90's

If anyone keeps telling you that a k10 does 15 kmpl then good luck pal in believing them ;-)

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SANCAR" data-cid="289717" data-time="1456410540"><p>

<br />

Decide who is the Troll...<br />

<br />

I'm asking about Nissan March K10 and you are mentioning other cars. Be specific.<br />

<br />

I know some cars which belonging to my friends and they have reached 15km/l. (starlet EP71, Daihatsu Coure 1996, Maruti 1996)<br />

<br />

Most of the new comers start a new topic in "car buying information" to get more ideas for buying a car. They may have zero or little knowledge about the field. That is why they are Asking from Expert. So called experts should not capture weak points of new comers and should not try to humiliate and discourage them. Experts are good teachers for their students.</p></blockquote>

I am not an expert.

Okay pal,

K10 is one of the best car in its class. Eventhough they are old they are pretty solid and the best car nissan produced. They does 15 to 20 kmpl in the city traffic may does even better in the highway. They will definitely be troublefree and you just need only pumping fuel.No maintenance will be needed as they are japanese made.

Are you happy now?

ඔබට සතුටුයිද දැන්?

I am not an expert.

Okay pal,

K10 is one of the best car in its class. Eventhough they are old they are pretty solid and the best car nissan produced. They does 15 to 20 kmpl in the city traffic may does even better in the highway. They will definitely be troublefree and you just need only pumping fuel.No maintenance will be needed as they are japanese made.

Are you happy now?

ඔබට සතුටුයිද දැන්?

Cool down man :speechless-smiley-004:

Try to be a mature:-)

I quit.

Thanks all for valuable advises.

As per the discussions, I gave up the idea about March K10.

My friend said KIA PRIDE is a good car. (1997,1998 - Manual - 1300cc - Mazda engine.)

Guys, pls share ur ideas about this car. Is it worth for Rs.8.50 lakhs?