• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vois, Nissan Tiida, Honda Fir Aria - What Is Good To Buy

Darshana-p

Hi Everyone,

I need some expert help. My objective of buy the car is

1) Re-selling should be easy

2) Maintenance cost should be less.

4) Should be able to carry some weight

5) Auto Gear

I heard that CVT gearbox is giving problems after 130000KM and some other maintenance. I have these three options in my mind.

Toyota Vios, Nissan Tiida, Honda Fit Aria

Can you suggest me based on your experience.

And another I car I checked is Toyota 121. but I was thinking there will be more maintenance cost than above since the 121 car i'm looking at 2002 YOM. What do you think?

Edited by Darshana-p

Reselling any car is easy as long as you don't expect to make profits out of it.

Nissan Tiida and Honda Fit Aria are decent rides in their own right.

But if you consider resale in a typical sri Lankan context it would be the Toyota.

So for points 1 and 2 : Toyota vois Vios.

Are you thinking of the 2003-2007 Toyota vios or the face-lift (Belta-face) Vios (2007-2011?)

Pros and cons of all three have been discussed earlier as you will find out when you search the forums.

(Point no 3 is missing). I'm not sure what you mean by 4) Should be able to carry some weight do you plan to use the car like a delivery vehicle ?

• Like 1

For me it was never about resell value. I ran my "Vois" to the ground, literally. I would say without a doubt it is one of THE most suitable cars for our driving conditions.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

For me it was never about resell value. I ran my "Vois" to the ground, literally. I would say without a doubt it is the one of THE most suitable cars for our driving conditions bar none.

Friend of mine has one - according to him an ex-taxi that had high mileage even when he bought it he's been running it since 2007 or something and it still keeps running without a glitch - but of course this is the pre face lift 'vois' I don't know much about the latter version. I can think of three Vios owners(all 2003/4) who have no plans of selling their 12-13 year old cars since they have been so damn reliable.

Friend of mine has one - according to him an ex-taxi that had high mileage even when he bought it he's been running it since 2007 or something and it still keeps running without a glitch - but of course this is the pre face lift 'vois' I don't know much about the latter version. I can think of three Vios owners(all 2003/4) who have no plans of selling their 12-13 year old cars since they have been so damn reliable.

+ the spare parts prices are very digestible you wouldn't have to worry much even if the engine falls on the road.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the help. based on the discussion i assume toyota Vios is kind of best for my requirement. When I say carry some weight, I usually travel. So there are some stuff to take. like family stuff. One more thing i need to know how about the ground level clearance of Vios. is it good or fair?

Actually my budget is around 28k. I assume i can go for 2004-2006 vios (Not the belta face)

• Like 1

Thank you all for the help. based on the discussion i assume toyota Vios is kind of best for my requirement. When I say carry some weight, I usually travel. So there are some stuff to take. like family stuff. One more thing i need to know how about the ground level clearance of Vios. is it good or fair?

Actually my budget is around 28k. I assume i can go for 2004-2006 vios (Not the belta face)

It has ample space in the boot.So carrying stuff is not an issue.But the rear seats aren't foldable so carrying something lengthy might be an issue.Ground clearance is really good even with the body kit on.Even with 5 passengers it is not going to hit a bumper.

It has ample space in the boot.So carrying stuff is not an issue.But the rear seats aren't foldable so carrying something lengthy might be an issue.Ground clearance is really good even with the body kit on.Even with 5 passengers it is not going to hit a bumper.

I've managed to scrap the bottom a few times with 5 passengers, but it's no where near as bad as my hybrid corolla though. What you have to remember is that it has stiff springs and soft shocks, a very Lotus move by them. This translates to a stiff ride below 40, but once you're doing 70+, the suspension becomes extremely compliant and the car begins to feel well planted,

• Like 2

For your budget you can get a good condition first Gen vios. Used to be a lot cheaper before the price hikes. Mind you there was a minor face-lift around 2005. the grille is slightly different on models from 2005 to 2007. 2003/4 models go for around 2.5 Mill.

I THINK it has better clearance than the Second gen (belta-face) version. Driving in SL you need that bit of clearance.

You can go for a 2006 face lift. It has some goodies my 2005 didn't have, like power folding mirrors, front under seat storage, and a different head unit capable of MP3 playback. I'm not sure if variable intermittent wipers were an option for that year, but someone on this forum did that modification quite easily using a part from a Corolla 110.

• Like 1

You can go for a 2006 face lift. It has some goodies my 2005 didn't have, like power folding mirrors, front under seat storage, and a different head unit capable of MP3 playback. I'm not sure if variable intermittent wipers were an option for that year, but someone on this forum did that modification quite easily using a part from a Corolla 110.

I'm Driving a 2006 Face-lifted Vios, Cosmetically front Grille, Headlights, Gauge cluster and Tail lights has some subtle changes over pre-facelift model. did the intermittent wiper modification using Corolla 121 Wiper switch. it's a plug and play mod. and only S Grade models came with Folding mirror option. but easily swappable on E grades as it's pre wired and only Mirror unit and switch (With Folding button) needs to be replaced.

Thanks a lot. That has cleared my doubts.

2004 auto tr. Is going around 26+ some are demanding 27+ is it really worth it for a car 12 years old

Confused! !!@@

That will be the rate for sometime tanx to ravi.No car in sri lanka actually worth it cost.But for that range that is the only Toyota option you can go for.

2004 auto tr. Is going around 26+ some are demanding 27+ is it really worth it for a car 12 years old

Confused! !!@@

Try to negotiate the price. Friend of mine bought a 2005 Vios for 25. But that's before this tax hike.

Confused! !!@@

Definitely not worth to buy a Vios for that price. But unfortunately you are not left with many options due to the recent price hike. If the car is in good condition try to negotiate on the price a little bit. Because of this ridiculous price change, some Toyota models like Soluna and Nissan N16 have got an unusual market. One of my friends wanted to sell his Soluna for 14 Lakhs before the price hike but finally ended up selling it for 12.5 Lakhs. After the price hike the guy who took that Soluna immediately sold it for 15.5 Lakhs. that's how the vehicle market behave in Sri Lanka.

Edited by AbeysinghE