• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Scents

GayanR

Hi guys,So yesterday I visited a car sale and there was this Honda Fit with an amazing perfume.I have never encountered such a great smell with any of those scents which are available in local supermarkets for all these years. :smilie_liebe9:Name says "California Car Scents-Laguna Breeze".Priced at 660.00.I couldn't find the marketer it was not clear,something like car scents Ltd.I wonder if anyone has a clue where to buy this from.Tks.

I think the site of the dealer you are talking about is carscentslk.com

I've some members commenting about California scents they've brought down from ebay. Maybe you can try that. And there's some 40% off deal going at myd*al.lk as well.

appreciate much dislhan for the info.I'll check it for sure

Never mind, placed an order on myde#al.lk just now. I trust your sense of smell machan @GayanR

It was an awesome scent mchn,I have tried everything out there in local supermarkets and got tired of everything,but this smell was a gem.

It was an awesome scent mchn,I have tried everything out there in local supermarkets and got tired of everything,but this smell was a gem.

I am also tired of these other brands machan. The scent persists only for the first few days. So excited to try this product.

Keells has this and so does myde@l

Sure Keells have that Stig. But myd#als gives 43% discount. The price for a tin is 720/-

GayanR is absolutely right...California scents is the best....I have always been using California scents for my car since the beginning... The laguna breeze is good... California scents has some different good variations... out of them "Cherry Blossom" tops them all... and also the "Citrus" is good.... unfortunately in Sri Lanka they have only the "CAN" version... the can version doesnt give much of an effect... I have been using the spray version and 4,5 shots of the spray lasts for like a week... specially if you smoke in the car this is pretty useful it eliminates odor like magic... you can't purchase the spray version from ebay because liquids are not shipped to Sri Lanka...and the one's they ship, the price is unbelievably high that you wouldnt want to spend it on a car spray... So what I do is i buy from ebay and ship those air freshneres to my friend's addresses in USA and UK when my friends come down they bring it for me.. At once I order like 4,5 cans so that It will have me saved for 6 months or so....you should do the same... but then again nothing wrong in using the can/tin version either but the impact is lower as I said, than the spray version... plus the spray, you can spray it whenever you want.. especially when a lady gets into your car and you want to smell it like a flower garden the spray would come in handy ;) .... This is how I discovered the spray... when i bought my first car, I wanted it to smell good.. so i googled the best car sprays in the world and bought the top one which was 'California Scents' from ebay to try it out and the magic worked... never looked at another spray after that :D I have got a lot of good feedback from people when they get in my car... They think its my perfume they ask "The car smells really good,what's the perfume you use" :D

Edited by PreseaLover

I am also tired of these other brands machan. The scent persists only for the first few days. So excited to try this product. Sure Keells have that Stig. But myd#als gives 43% discount. The price for a tin is 720/-

This is the one i was talking about mchn.I saw the mydeal one but the tin is different,may be that is the organic one.Hope it smells the same.

5a934222550c115d52fecdd2cdbb6dd1.jpg

This is the one i was talking about mchn.I saw the mydeal one but the tin is different,may be that is the organic one.Hope it smells the same.

[img=http://autofab.pl/userdata/gfx/5a934222550c115d52fecdd2cdbb6dd1.jpg]

I collected it today machan. Actually it's the organic one. A little bit bigger than the one you said. 1.83 Oz (52g). Smells good in here. :D

So California scents is good? This will be my first purchase of an air freshner for the car; I've always enjoyed the 'car' smell of the interior, but with the new one the HV battery cooling system sucks in air from the boot and dumps it into the interior. This means I get the aroma of whatever is in there, fish, durian, and more recently the constant chemical smell of the spare wheel. Was thinking of attaching it at the inlet. I wonder if it will cause the HV pack to catch fire.

• Like 2

So California scents is good? This will be my first purchase of an air freshner for the car; I've always enjoyed the 'car' smell of the interior, but with the new one the HV battery cooling system sucks in air from the boot and dumps it into the interior. This means I get the aroma of whatever is in there, fish, durian, and more recently the constant chemical smell of the spare wheel. Was thinking of attaching it at the inlet. I wonder if it will cause the HV pack to catch fire.

Damn! Never thought of that the hybrid users have to go through.

Place the scent in the boot :D

+1 on the 'car' smell. I have not used any air freshener on my cars for as long as I can remember, and the cars smell fine. I simply can't stand cars that smell like a flower garden. Have got a headache many times in cars that have a strong air freshener. I've heard that some of them are highly unhealthy as well.

Apart from special cases that terra has highlighted above, a car really wouldn't need any special air freshener if:

1. No food is consumed in the car

2. No food/drink containers left in the car

3. None of the occupant smoke inside the car

4. No pets are taken around

5. Stuff that smell bad are sealed and put in the trunk and removed ASAP

6. The interior is aired, vacuumed and cleaned regularly

7. Never let the carpets and vinyl floor mats come into contact with liquids

Just my opinion.

+1 on the 'car' smell. I have not used any air freshener on my cars for as long as I can remember, and the cars smell fine. I simply can't stand cars that smell like a flower garden. Have got a headache many times in cars that have a strong air freshener. I've heard that some of them are highly unhealthy as well.

Apart from special cases that terra has highlighted above, a car really wouldn't need any special air freshener if:

1. No food is consumed in the car

2. No food/drink containers left in the car

3. None of the occupant smoke inside the car

4. No pets are taken around

5. Stuff that smell bad are sealed and put in the trunk and removed ASAP

6. The interior is aired, vacuumed and cleaned regularly

7. Never let the carpets and vinyl floor mats come into contact with liquids

Just my opinion.

I agree.The ones that gives headache are those with airwick gels and some oily liquid containers.I had terrible headaches from these liquids and gels.Since then I was driving without any perfume for some years and it was just fine.In my opinion those vehicles with fabric interiors tend to give a pleasant smell even without any scents.But those with fake leather interiors or rexine doesn't give out a pleasant smell after parking in sun etc.

Nice man so how's your review

Well, I kept it in the car around 10 a.m. today. It nicely fits in one of the two cup holders in the front. I got the lagoona breeze as you recommended. I came to check the car around 12 noon and it smelled like heaven in here. I really like it.

• Like 2

I agree.The ones that gives headache are those with airwick gels and some oily liquid containers.I had terrible headaches from these liquids and gels.Since then I was driving without any perfume for some years and it was just fine.In my opinion those vehicles with fabric interiors tend to give a pleasant smell even without any scents.But those with fake leather interiors or rexine doesn't give out a pleasant smell after parking in sun etc.

I hated using those airw#ck products in the car. They are good with bathrooms but not for the cars. Last few months I had been using this Ambi Pur air freshener in my car which you can fix to the AC vent, but the scent was there only for the first few days.

Get an ionizer, it will neutralize all the odors.