• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Battery Is Not Sending Power To Motor

Busooly

Dear Expert,

I recently note on my Vezel while start the engine and running normally Engine charge the Hybrid battery then after Battery will produce power to engine from it after it's charge. But nowadays Engine fully charging the Hybrid battery but battery is not sending power to the Engine.

On dashboard the power from battery to engine is not indicating, also engine remain running on gasoline. IS that mean battery should be replace? IS there any malfunction on battery?

Please advice..

BTW it can be check through service dealer simply though i living 280 KM from possible dealer points. So if it serious issue i would take necessary arrangement to to do it quickly that the reason i posting here. plz help me.

Busooly

• Like 1

I guess you have to forget about that 280kms and do something about it bro. To know what's coming why don't you give a shout to Lal Alawatta on 0777229714. I have no personal experience dealing with him but heard he has a sound knowledge about the system.Hope it helps!

I guess you have to forget about that 280kms and do something about it bro. To know what's coming why don't you give a shout to Lal Alawatta on 0777229714. I have no personal experience dealing with him but heard he has a sound knowledge about the system.Hope it helps!

Are you serious??? He doesnt exactly have the best of reputations.

No matter who the expert they cant advise you remotely on such issues. You cant diagnose electronic issues remotely. OP will have to bite the bullet and take that 280km trip..

• Like 2

BTW it can be check through service dealer simply though i living 280 KM from possible dealer points. So if it serious issue i would take necessary arrangement to to do it quickly that the reason i posting here. plz help me.

Busooly

I think this qualifies as a serious issue or at least as a symptom of a serious issue on its way. As the others have said, make an appointment with the dealer. Better now, when you can drive it rather than when you have to get it carried over.

Take the vehicle to the agent as others have advised above. BTW does your idling stop work? (The green A indication?) I don't think your battery is busted but remember there has been a few software glitches in Vezel.

Edited by Rumesh88

On dashboard the power from battery to engine is not indicating, also engine remain running on gasoline. IS that mean battery should be replace? IS there any malfunction on battery?

According to what I understood, The problem may be with the electronics / software related ( iDCD ?) (I am not an expert on this matter)

Almost everyone suggested, you'd better see the agent before it's getting too late.

Dear Expert,

I recently note on my Vezel while start the engine and running normally Engine charge the Hybrid battery then after Battery will produce power to engine from it after it's charge. But nowadays Engine fully charging the Hybrid battery but battery is not sending power to the Engine.

Please advice..

Busooly

There should be few things to clarify before spending 280 km visit.

You cannot find a indication of "power from battery to engine", indication should be "power from battery to transmission".

1. Is there any malfunction indication.? Normally there should be some indication if anything wrong.

2. Did you switch off eco mode. (I mean you are familiarize will eco mode always previously and now it has changed)

3. Are your idling stop working?

4. Are your AC working? (AC is completely working using HV battery in Toyota hybrids, assume Honda is same)

5. Do you feel any increase in fuel consumption?

First answer this questions and then decide. Otherwise, don't wast money.

Edited by gayanath