• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does Anyone Having Sri Lanka Motor Traffic Act Latest Edition ?

gayanath

• 4 weeks later...
The law is not like a dictionary where they just release a new edition whenever there is an amendment. An amendment is read with the original Act.

If you bothered to go down to at least the 2nd page, (rather than read the title on page one and give up), you'll see that it states that "The Motor Traffic Act (Chapter 203) (hereinafter referred to as “the principal enactment”) is hereby amended—". Which in relatively simple english states that the amendment is to be read with the original act. Furthermore if you bothered to goto the Department of Motor Traffic's website, you'll see that they clearly state what acts/chapters to refer!

Same thing I have mentioned in my above posts #4. The issue is "The Motor Traffic Act (Chapter 203)" is not available in anywhere. Further, same thing has amended several times since 1951 if my memory serves me correct. Therefore, I hope there should be a final compiled version.

Anyway, seems that no body have it. Lets forgot it. .............

If you need to be spoon-fed to such a level, don't waste your time trying to read it. Whenever a police officer stops you say "Yes sir, sorry sir, I wont commit the offense again sir, I'll pay the fine sir, have a good day sir" and walk away.

Side-note:

Honestly, I think our education curriculum needs to include lessons on some practical life knowledge such as

1. how to read the country's constitution/laws (and the process of how they are formulated and enacted)

2. Resume writing and applying to jobs (not demand jobs outside a railway station and become a nuisance to everyone else)

3. Basic taxes and banking

Things like this can really help ANYONE succeed in life rather than be turned into a selfish politician's monkey. Today a politician just needs to play a racist tune, xenophobic tune, or koti-nagitinawo tune and the monkeys dance all over fort railway station or in the facebook-meme factory.

There is a contradiction between your Police officer case and Side-note. If we are promoting "Yes sir, sorry sir ...." concepts, why do we bother to improve our education curriculum.?? :speechless-smiley-004:

Otherwise, your side note is very much appreciated....

There is a contradiction between your Police officer case and Side-note. If we are promoting "Yes sir, sorry sir ...." concepts, why do we bother to improve our education curriculum.?? :speechless-smiley-004:

Otherwise, your side note is very much appreciated....

There's no contradiction. My ideas on the side note are for future generations. It's not directed at you. I gave the answer YOU (gayanth) should use when the police stop you. That's because you're too dumb to read a document beyond it's title page.

Actually a simple google search WILL give you what you're looking for. Anyway you lost interest as well, so yeah, let's forget it :P

Edited by Watchman