• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius 3Rd Gen Market Price

Autogeek

Yes Dandumonare will fetch a good used value if it was easily maintenable at a local garages with easily sourced parts like the 121,110s.IMO used hybrid owner will face similar running issues like a euro owner,sans driving fun and ride quality.

PS:I would gladly go for a German hybrid if I could afford,the Panamera was on TV and looks nice.they went from Hamburg to Rome with less than a single tank(33km/L V6 hybrid)

There's nothing wrong about using an old car proudly. There's a certain charm to keeping a somewhat older car in good nick.

Quite a lot of us here were unconvinced when the Japanese hybrids started flooding SL roads a while back and we've had the very same arguments several times over. But the technology is maturing quite fast and it is doubtful that the market will "crash". If maintenance and upkeep is on point, a hybrid will manage to fetch a decent price down the line; much like any other car. But one needs to understand that the days of buying a car for 800K and getting 900K after two years of use are behind us.

Full disclosure, I don't own a hybrid. But that's because I can't afford the hybrids I want :D

Exactly the point. Technology matures. Indeed. Then what will happens to the products with obsolete tech?

Edited by BuBi

Yes,we hear similar stories about Toyotas and Merc diesels that keep running over 500k. That's not the point. How much will your friend get if he sells his 2nd gen Prius today? Or he is forced to keep it for coming years because he wants to or because he can't get the price he is expecting?

He would probably use it for few more years I suppose. When want to sell it, the anticlockwise theory will come in to action as it's quite normal in Sri Lankan context. I have seen 121's made in back in 2000 which is almost 16 years old still 100k. and foolish buyers gonna see whether clock is around 100k, teak panels are in good condition and specially whether it's a dicky light and G grade irrespective of condition of it's engine? Conventional petrol vehicle doesn't always mean that it's better than a hybrid and it won't give you any headache. Similarly, If that guy wants to sell off his Prius now, he can easily tamper the ODO and sell it at prevailing market price.

• Like 1

Well Sri Lanka is not Colombo and it's suburbs.

Obviously! What's your point?

Exactly the point. Technology matures. Indeed. Then what will happens to the products with obsolete tech?

Same thing that happens to the tech before the current tech; it will have it's own market.

let me elaborate. If we oversimplify the progression of technology as ICE > Hybrid > Electric > Hydrogen > god knows what, there was a distinct lack of large fire pits where ICE cars were burnt when the hybrids came along. No such luck with hybrids (or even ICE cars) when electrics came along.

He would probably use it for few more years I suppose. When want to sell it, the anticlockwise theory will come in to action as it's quite normal in Sri Lankan context. I have seen 121's made in back in 2000 which is almost 16 years old still 100k. and foolish buyers gonna see whether clock is around 100k, teak panels are in good condition and specially whether it's a dicky light and G grade irrespective of condition of it's engine? Conventional petrol vehicle doesn't always mean that it's better than a hybrid and it won't give you any headache. Similarly, If that guy wants to sell off his Prius now, he can easily tamper the ODO and sell it at prevailing market price.

Yes then he might get a higher than normal price from a silly bayya.

Odometer tampering is already being done for Prius in SL? That explains the ridiculously low mileage(even 5km) of 6,7 month old cars coming down. The guy who can do this will become way richer than the guy who knows how to properly repair a Prius hybrid Transaxle.

Thanks to Yahapalana fellows, some hybrids which was sold for around 2.8mil.. now going around 4.0mil.. :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

That's because the previous fellows made it possible for all toms, dicks and harries plus their ageing dogs to buy Marutis by the bucket load. That put a massive strain in our already fragile road infrastructure. These fellows had no choice but to put a plug in that.

Ok This thread has veered WAAAAAY off from the original topic and it doesn't look like it's going to get back to it. You chaps had your discussion, now let's call it a day.

Thread closed.