• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Specs Of Mitsubishi Montero Sport For Engine Repair

Shehan_WCC

Question

Hey guys haven't posted on this forum for quite sometime now,

I am needing some help on pinpointing what engine is in the locally imported Mitsubishi montero sport 2011 (Doctor permit), i am currently abroad and have no access to the vehicle and neither of my mates are mechanically minded.Long story short needs new pistons and apparently the dealer are out of stock or cannot get part.

does it have the 2.5 L single ohc diesel turbo/2.5L VGT/2.5L VGT common rail diesel engines?

knowing the right engine takes me one step closer to finding the parts, or would anyone of you happen to know a place i could locally source both 0.50 oversize piston and rings?

any help is much appreciated,

Thanks .

11 answers to this question

Montero Sport (KH4WGRPZR) EURO 3

GLX(with automatic transmission)

GL (with manual trans)

2.5L Di-D Production 2009 to 2015 ,assembled in Thailand powetrain made in Japan

(also known as Pajero sport-thailand,philippines,malaysia,India

Challenger - Australia)

engine model - 4D56 mitsubishi L200 (aka triton) has the same engine

16V Intercooled Turbocharged DOHC

Di-D (crdi)

NON VGT

BHP-100kW (134BHP)(136ps)

Torque-314Nm

4WD

boost -15 Psi

Edited by anuradha wijayakulathilaka

Hey guys haven't posted on this forum for quite sometime now,

I am needing some help on pinpointing what engine is in the locally imported Mitsubishi montero sport 2011 (Doctor permit), i am currently abroad and have no access to the vehicle and neither of my mates are mechanically minded.Long story short needs new pistons and apparently the dealer are out of stock or cannot get part.

does it have the 2.5 L single ohc diesel turbo/2.5L VGT/2.5L VGT common rail diesel engines?

knowing the right engine takes me one step closer to finding the parts, or would anyone of you happen to know a place i could locally source both 0.50 oversize piston and rings?

any help is much appreciated,

Thanks .

May I ask the mileage of the engine mate, as i've been told that this 4d56 variant only does 75,000-85,000 ish km under local conditions.

Montero Sport (KH4WGRPZR) EURO 3

GLX(with automatic transmission)

GL (with manual trans)

2.5L Di-D Production 2009 to 2015 ,assembled in Thailand powetrain made in Japan

(also known as Pajero sport-thailand,philippines,malaysia,India

Challenger - Australia)

engine model - 4D56 mitsubishi L200 (aka triton) has the same engine

16V Intercooled Turbocharged DOHC

Di-D (crdi)

NON VGT

BHP-100kW (134BHP)(136ps)

Torque-314Nm

4WD

boost -15 Psi

if you need any help , [email protected]

thanks heaps man,

do you think these would work on it ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-L200-2-5TD-DI-D-16V-PISTON-0-50-WITH-PISTON-RINGS-4D56U-2006ON-PAJERO-/181595053740?hash=item2a47e89eac:g:OzMAAOSwiCRUdKjg&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

May I ask the mileage of the engine mate, as i've been told that this 4d56 variant only does 75,000-85,000 ish km under local conditions.

The mileage is on the 70k mark,

Simply said it was human error on this engine, the driver left the radiator pressure cap half open and the vehicle ended up overheating but he kept on driving probably distracted by the women on the streets until the engine ended up smoking.

The engine was completely overhauled and 500 km's later the engine starts to knock ,stripped the motor apart and Voila! 4th piston ceased due to oil starvation. so i'm on the hunt for one piston and ring.

MMC japan has said they have to specifically manufacture the product which takes time.

yeah,looks like 4d56 dohc engine piston.

but replace ALL 4 PISTONS!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-L200-2-5-DI-D-16V-4X-PISTONS-SET-STD-PISTON-RINGS-4D56U-2006ON-PAJERO-/181595042877?hash=item2a47e8743d:g:uQ0AAOSwAL9UdIgr&vxp=mtr

'' in most cases, if one piston is bad, the others are too so all would be replaced as a complete set. Many pistons that appear to be in good condition and show no signs of scuffing may still have to be replaced because the upper ring lands are worn.''

http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2007/02/pistons-rings-details-every-engine-builder-should-know/

Edited by anuradha wijayakulathilaka

Hello Mate

My idea is this piston shouldn't be that hard to find as this is a common engine model which have been fitted to most of the models, If you are in AKL go to Andrew Simms New Market and get the parts for the frame # or the engine # which i have done few times.

regards

JC

Hello there gentlemen, 

Coming back with a subtle question regarding the 4D56T engine in these vehicles,

After visiting a bucketload of vehicles for sale and various adverts, car sale fellas etc, I am puzzled 

as to the real life in kms of these engines, some say go low mileage others say even a 100,000km is fine

I mean is it safe to land a vehicle with 100,000km locally or stretch my budget a bit and go something at the 50,000km mark? after all I too would like to save a buck and consider using it to improve it

I know the 80s models (Palath Sabha) models running 250,000km and still not burning oil but with the turbo and high 

compression.

An opinion would be greately appreciated

SBTB25_PAJERO6_1152943g.jpg

Edited by tiv

Do you know that most of the vehicles that come from Japan has a mileage of around 100K-150K which is then sold as 100-12000 mileage vehicles. (I know cos i used deal with vehicle import documents at work some time back) Most JAAI you get are forged by local masterminds.

The unfortunate reality in Sri lanka is that when you buy a car you can't trust the mileage on them (with the exception of buying a brand new vehicles). Like Quiet said...most of the cars from Japan have been tampered. In Japan they might get the actual JAAI certificate and auction documents with the correct mileage but that is not what you will see here.

As for the mileage itself....don't let the mileage be the deciding tell-all factor for you to decide on a car. I have seen 100,000+ km cars that actually are in better shape than cars with just 30k-50k. At the end of the day it about how the car was maintained. 

At then end of the day on top of the above, the mileage will just tell you what pre-emptive maintenance work would need to be done.