• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Remote Key Replacement Toyota Hilux 2007

arun-online

Hi guys……..The original key of my "Toyota Hilux 2007 invincible" has been damaged. So I replace the key with a new key and a shell. Only thing I did is cut the new key and put the remote circuit in to new key shell. But cab doesn’t start with new key. Remote buttons work fine. Starter motor runs but engine doesn’t start. Engine only start with the original key even without remote circuit unit. what should I do now.. is it possible to program the new key.

Thanks...

GC0WnJw.jpg?1

Could be because the factory key has a transponder chip inside it that is recognised by the key barrel. It looks like a small magnet and should be inside the housing of your old key. Remove it and place it inside the new key housing.

If the transponder cannot be located/removed from the old key, your car can probably programmed to accept the new key. Toyota Lanka should be able to do it for you I guess.

Hi guys……..The original key of my "Toyota Hilux 2007 invincible" has been damaged. So I replace the key with a new key and a shell. Only thing I did is cut the new key and put the remote circuit in to new key shell. But cab doesn’t start with new key. Remote buttons work fine. Starter motor runs but engine doesn’t start. Engine only start with the original key even without remote circuit unit. what should I do now.. is it possible to program the new key.

Thanks...

GC0WnJw.jpg?1

Swap this bit from your old key to the new key, I have a similar hilux key and have done it twice.

Be sure not to damage it though.

76UoULz.jpg

Edited by tiv
  • Like 4

Is it possible to remove that part without damagine the original key. How did you do it.

Depends on your level of skill, I just broke it off the old key and carefully dissected the plastic remains

What is that? Some kind of RFID transponder?

Older cars came with a very small coil inside the key head, and that works off EMI. A sensor built into the key barrel detects the change in magnetic field. Newer (I think after 2000 or so), most cars used RFID. OP's truck also seems to have a RFID chip. Edited by Davy

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have  Corolla 121 and the factory remote key was damaged , But the inner circuit is working and only the plastic cover got damaged.. Is there any place to buy the Key so that I can put my remote key Circuit into it.

Please let me know any places

9 minutes ago, dilini said:

Hi Guys,

I have  Corolla 121 and the factory remote key was damaged , But the inner circuit is working and only the plastic cover got damaged.. Is there any place to buy the Key so that I can put my remote key Circuit into it.

Please let me know any places

Welcome to the forum. If all you want is the key housing, you can try eBay.

• Like 1