• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is A Good Vehicle For Rs 2.2M - Rs 2.5M

BdmSoft

Question

Hi All,

I am in a mess these days what is the best vehicle to buy.

This might be a repeating question, but due the price increase & tax changes, vehicle market has changed

These are the main things I consider (preference is SUV or a Car);

1. Good ground clearance (I am fed up with my previous car AE110)
  2. Good second hand market (Need a vehicle which can be easily sold)
  3. Trouble free vehicle (relatively)
  4. Considerable fuel efficiency (better a vehicle does 9-10Km/l with A/C)
  5. Comfort & good riding experience

Vehicles in my mind: (name something out if this if it satisfies above)

1. Lancer CS1(2008 or above)
  2. Honda HRV manual - 2000
  3. Corolla 121

If a car expert can guide me, it would be a great help.

Thanks you

13 answers to this question

Once I had an idea of buying a vehicle in SL. But I live in Dubai and will use the car when I'm on vacation only. After some careful consideration opted not to buy and continue to rent. My budget was also within the same range. I was interested in following models.

Suzuki Jimny: Good ground clearance, capable of offroading with low end torque, decent fuel economy, not so comfortable, two door

Honda HRV (2000): styling, good ground clearance, good cargo capacity, difficult to find a well maintained one around 100,000 km

Pajero IO: styling, good ground clearance, good cargo capacity, GDI engine might give problems

Xtrail (1st gen): styling, good ground clearance, good cargo capacity, pricey (2.7-3.0M)

Happy hunting !

Hi All,

Â

I am in a mess these days what is the best vehicle to buy.Â

Â

This might be a repeating question, but due the price increase & tax changes, vehicle market has changed

Â

• Good ground clearance (I am fed up with my previous car AE110)

• Good second hand market (Need a vehicle which can be easily sold)

• Trouble free vehicle (relatively)

• Considerable fuel efficiency (better a vehicle does 9-10Km/l with A/C)

• Comfort & good riding experience

• Lancer CS1(2008 or above)

• Honda HRV manual - 2000

• Corolla 121Â

Â

Thanks you

Â

Out of these vehicles you've mentioned, it's hard to suggest a vehicle which would tick all your requirement boxes. So we have to go for the one which at least ticks most of them. It would be a 121

+good ground clearance

+good second hand market (honestly it's overpriced )

+trouble free (relatively )

+considerable fuel efficiency.

But I think it would be very hard to find one which would fit within your budget.As GayanR suggested, it would be a better idea to consider a 2004 Vios as it fulfills most of your requirements and also fits within your budget.

Edited by sathyajithj99

Hi All,

I am in a mess these days what is the best vehicle to buy.

1. Good ground clearance (I am fed up with my previous car AE110)
  2. Good second hand market (Need a vehicle which can be easily sold)
  3. Trouble free vehicle (relatively)
  4. Considerable fuel efficiency (better a vehicle does 9-10Km/l with A/C)
  5. Comfort & good riding experience

1. Lancer CS1(2008 or above)
  2. Honda HRV manual - 2000
  3. Corolla 121

Thanks you

Good condition 121's were not even close to this range even before the budget. (Manual 1.3's are the cheapest) . Vios 2004 is gettable for this price and would look the best option and as ex-owners and present owners will testify it's a very solid car that you can run to the ground.

The Lancer wont be easy to sell as much as a vios/121 BUT it's not as hard as people say. You'd get a fairly new car - the thing with Lancers is they are the only Reasonably priced second hand car you can get here 'cos their initial price was also a bit low.

Also if youre ok with a non-sedan you can easily get a good condition Chevrolet Cruze /Suzuki Ignis (2004) well BELOW your budget. It has ample ground clearance, very easy to maintain and uncomplicated car. Only thing is some brittle CV Joints that tend to give trouble but nothing too serious. I've driven a cruze for a considerable time and It certainly is a car you can live with. It's not extremely comfortable but at this price range you can't complain too much

Lancers are also comparatively more comfy and better composed on the road on account of their rear independent suspension. If you enjoy taking corners, you should look at them.

Go for 121 (manual probably which will not be very marketable), Passo or a bee shell Carina. Carina may be older and overpriced but it will tick all your boxes.

Carina has good ground clearance? we used to have one and it is one of the cars with least ground clearance..

• Like 1