• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Order/clear Car Parts Bought Through Ebay?

Shack

Hi All,

I have seen lots of guys here talking about ordering parts through ebay. I am a user of ebay but have limited to no idea of how to order the bigger stuff for an ex: like an engine and getting the same cleared. Would appreciate your comments/help on how you could get the stuff ordered & where to send the items for clearing?

Appreciate if you guys could post links of some reliable vendors for Toyota and Honda.

Moderators please be excused if this has been already posted before. I searched it but couldn't find anything related to this.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Shack
  • Thanks 1

Well i have not ordered any bigger items from eBay only smaller items BUT have had the pleasure of getting a tail light for my previous car as well as interior trim for the one i have now through friends. smaller items will get delivered to your door step other you will have to clear from either Foreign parcels / EMS. pretty straight fwd go there pay the taxes get the item.

But in terms of engines i think sourcing from here is better than opting to eBay, even though the price is less on some, once it arrives here the tax won't agree with you.

few i know have used K*pr*ka BUT i have heard horror stories so, depends on your luck to get stuff from them.

• Like 1

Have used quite a few methods to buy stuff ranging from emblems to an entire drive train and engine. The smaller packages reach your doorstep as muditha said. The largest item that came to me directly was a double beam motorcycle headlight.

I used Aramex shop and ship reshipping service to bring down some stuff that the ebay sellers didn't ship out to SL. Aramex cleares customs for you and collect from you at delivery.

I used Kapruka once to bring down some tyres and would not be using that service again. Cheap, but terrible service.

Forthe engine, a fellow Autolankan gave me the contact info of an importer. If at all possible, try and buy locally. Will save you a lot of headache and might end up costing you about the same.

• Like 3