• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shock Absorbers - Upgrade

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi Guys,

Need your expert advice on which shock absorbers to be selected for a 4DR5 J44.

I have 2 options,

KYB (Gas) for about Rs. 4000

Amada Xtreme for Rs. 8500

I am to replace all 4 and willing to buy any of the above. I kindly need expert advice on,

1. Is KYB good for a 4DR5? (Leaf Spring - kind of rough ride)

2. Is it worth to buy Amada Xtreme ( Cost to Benefit Ratio) than buying KYB?

I am not a hardcore off roader and looking for an expert answer for this. May be someone has previous experience, please post.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

Need your expert advice on which shock absorbers to be selected for a 4DR5 J44.

I have 2 options,

KYB (Gas) for about Rs. 4000

Amada Xtreme for Rs. 8500

I am to replace all 4 and willing to buy any of the above. I kindly need expert advice on,

1. Is KYB good for a 4DR5? (Leaf Spring - kind of rough ride)

2. Is it worth to buy Amada Xtreme ( Cost to Benefit Ratio) than buying KYB?

I am not a hardcore off roader and looking for an expert answer for this. May be someone has previous experience, please post.

Thanks in advance.

We have tried KYB Gas on a LN106 Hilux back in the day, and the same 2wd variant Part Number was used in our CR51 back in the day

all KYB gas, very bumpy but comfortable when laden.

I suggest in going for a brand like atleast Gabriel, best if Oldman Emu or Rancho, have used all 3 of them and been troublefree

PS:

Has anyone tried KYB Gas-A-Just shock for a cab (truck) or a jeep?

• Like 1

We have tried KYB Gas on a LN106 Hilux back in the day, and the same 2wd variant Part Number was used in our CR51 back in the day

all KYB gas, very bumpy but comfortable when laden.

I suggest in going for a brand like atleast Gabriel, best if Oldman Emu or Rancho, have used all 3 of them and been troublefree

Tiv, Thanks for the tips and Yes I think Gas is not the right fit for me because mostly I drive alone or max is 4 people.

Would you mind posting the agents of the brands you mentioned; Gabriel, Oldman Emu or Rancho?

If you can get the Original KYB it is the best, but i have used Amada Xtreme and done a nice job for 4WD (50mm raised) specially on gravel roads you get the real benefit.

regards

JC

JC,

"Original KYB" means do we get duplicated ones? If so how I can find the original Japanese ones?

According what the T**S Agencies rep told me, They have Oil and Gas both . He asked me to use GAS but I have a dough whether it will give a bumpy ride than what I have now. (4DR5 is already a rough ride though).

Thank you.

Edited by Nishan.dj