• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Move From Demio(Dw3W) To March Beetle

bimalnp4me

Question

i would like to upgrade my car.. :sport-smiley-003:

i'm using a mazda demio DW3W - 1998 model Manual

i'm planing to upgrade my car..

should be a hatchback..

4 door..

practical..

i see few march beetel 1.3 Manuals for around 1.6mill.. (one SR for the same price)

I'm looking to sell my car and + 0.3 mill to get new one..

is worth it doing? how comparing when this cars ?
can't find any OLD thread on autolanka to compare this two..

5 answers to this question

Would this March be drastically newer than the Demio you have right now ? you shouldn't be spending your ENTIRE budget on a car because you should save some for unseen issues (and you will have them...99.9% of the time). So in essence you will be getting rid of your Demio and spending the same amount as your Demio's sales price to buy a different car. Therefore you are probably going to end up with the same vintage of car as your demio. So personally I think it is best to hold on to your current car for a while...save some more money...and go for a much newer car. Rather than selling the Demio and buying a car that is only a year or two newer than your's with the added risk of not knowing what is lurking underneath..

So my vote is..keep the Demio....pointless trying ot upgrade for your budget....save up some money...go for a much much newer car...

• Like 5

True. Selling a vintage like car and buying a similar old car make no sense. you know the service history which you have done, you know what need to be repaired, issues and what not. Basically you know the car well. Why take a risk ?

(I'm facing the same scenario :sport-smiley-004: )

Edited by bycap
  • Like 1