• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Car Dashboard Lights Went Out

nuwannisha

Question

Hi,

I have got a nissan bluebird sylphy 2001 model car.

My issue is regarding its dashboard meter panel.

It's Back light of digital meter reading is not working.But the meter is working properly.

when i asked help from a electrician he told me that this bulb cannot be replaced and need to replace the entire meter board.

is there any one who repairs meter boards.

9 answers to this question

I had not a chance to check bluebird sylphy meter board. But logically it should not design to change/discard a meter board as a bulb. Better to check with another "Auto electrician" as first step. Secondly try Strikeee suggestion and you can definitely fix a bulb.

• Like 1

If this has the same meter cluster as the n16 then the electrician is a coconut donkey who is trying to rip you off. I have personally replaced all the gauge cluster bulbs in the n16 and it has 4 T10 bulbs for background illumination and around 8-9 (can't remember the exact ammount) t5 bulbs for other lights such as indicators.

The lcd trip meters has a t5 type 74 bulb behind it. You can buy one from eBay or most shops in Darley road will have these. It's a simple matter of remove the Guage cluster and finding the bulb holder behind the lcd.

Again this is all assuming that the sylpht Guage cluster is the same or similar to n16.

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1