• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio A/c Compressor Valve

chamilak

Dear All,

I have a Toyota axio 2007 model. Couple of months back, there was a switching issue in my a/c. ( A/C did no work properly. It switched off when car is cool but didn't switched on when needed).

When I present this to Auto A/C expert they said me that there is a problem in A/C compressor valve. And also is a specific failure for Axio and Allion models.

Has any of here experienced this type of problem with Axio or Allion car.

Please advice me.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is with the PWM valve inside the compressor, pretty common with Allions, Axios, Premios.. and all other Toyota models that comes with a Denso variable displacement compressor. Just replace the valve and re-gas.. that's it.

• 8 months later...

I have an axio 141 G grade,which I m using for the past 8 months. Recently I noticed that the ac gets on and off while driving that also infrequently. I showed it to an ac technician and he told me to replace the compressor. I m a little confused because when the ac is working there's no issue in cooling at all when it get off even it on's quickly. Please help me to solve my problem and advice whether to go forward with the a.c. technicians suggestion.

its a common problem to vitz, passo, yaris axio allion and many other models. there is no clutch mechanism(clutchless compressors) as it used to be(cuts off production costs and weight).a compressor valve mechanism turns on and off the system and lubricates the system. valve can be repaired, but fails again sometime after. since the compressor runs all the time, it too wears off quickly. then its a matter of letting it die all the way and replace new one. but some technicians fit a clutch system(as i remember-corolla 121 which fits perfectly without the need  of any modification) along withold type compressor.

Edited by TechHater

TechHater you are correct, its a common issue with this type of Variable Displacement Compressors and our maka-basses fits a clutch driven compressor from a 121 or 240 as a solution. These are slightly larger than a VDC and needs modification to the brackets. VDCs are more fuel efficient and smooth. I would recommend replacing the VDC than fitting a 121 compressor. True, a recon one will cost you around 35k but it'll save you money and time on the long run.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I believe you can not change compressor. Because Toyota 121 compressor with magnetic clutch type and Toyota 141 has a electronic control valve.Both of compressors work different .Toyota 141 compressor main purpose is for control fuel consumption.It is control by Vehicle ECU.If you change compressor and fix magnetic type compressor it will  damage  your Vehicle ECU and A/C amplifier unit. Because of self induction current

• Like 1

• 3 years later...