• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I had been using a Lancer EX and sold it while back. I have been searching for a good vehicle for a long time. Due to this budget fluctuations I have no idea what sort of a deal I should look at. Therefore I thought of asking the experts. Please help me decide by providing your opinions and thoughts. My requirements are

• Performance
  • Driving pleasure
  • Maintainability
  • Safety and reliability
  • 9-10 KM/L fuel consumption would be great.
  • Budget is 3.5M

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dasunh

I had been using a Lancer EX and sold it while back. I have been searching for a good vehicle for a long time. Due to this budget fluctuations I have no idea what sort of a deal I should look at. Therefore I thought of asking the experts. Please help me decide by providing your opinions and thoughts. My requirements are
  • Performance
  • Driving pleasure
  • Maintainability
  • Safety and reliability

Thanks in advance.

Good idea machan, same time please type your budge as well

• Performance
  • Driving pleasure
  • Maintainability
  • Safety and reliability
  • Budget is 3.5M

Thanks in advance.

Might be worth it to just wait a bit for prices to settle a bit. Due to all the confusion with the budget prices have very large variance. (I assume you are looking for a second hand car)

Having used a Lancer EX it will be difficult to find that driving pleasure in a common Toyota. Maybe a 2009 Mazda 3 would be up your league. Or maybe a Civic FD series.

Members can help you more if you state more preferences like if you are looking for a Sedan or if the body style doesn't matter, Prefered YOM Hybrid/NonHybrid etc (I assume non hybrid as you are ok with 9-10 KMPL)

BTW why did you sell the EX??

Might be worth it to just wait a bit for prices to settle a bit. Due to all the confusion with the budget prices have very large variance. (I assume you are looking for a second hand car)

Having used a Lancer EX it will be difficult to find that driving pleasure in a common Toyota. Maybe a 2009 Mazda 3 would be up your league. Or maybe a Civic FD series.

Members can help you more if you state more preferences like if you are looking for a Sedan or if the body style doesn't matter, Prefered YOM Hybrid/NonHybrid etc (I assume non hybrid as you are ok with 9-10 KMPL)

BTW why did you sell the EX??

Anything brother. I have thought about Mazda 3 as well. I sold my Lancer EX because I was stupid. now I suffer the consequences :-(

• Performance
  • Driving pleasure
  • Maintainability
  • Safety and reliability
  • Budget is 3.5M

Thanks in advance.

Anything brother. I have thought about Mazda 3 as well. I sold my Lancer EX because I was stupid. now I suffer the consequences :-(

How about buying a Lancer Ex again? :D

• Like 3

Well the only two viable options for the requirements stated would be to buy another lancer ex or a mazda 3. I don't see any others that even come close to these two, especially the driving pleasure and performance criteria. The fd is also not a bad choice but maintainance and economy may not be on par with the other 2.

Edited by The Stig

• Performance
  • Driving pleasure
  • Maintainability
  • Safety and reliability
  • Budget is 3.5M

Thanks in advance.

Machan. What a terrible mistake you have done??? One of my good friends sold his Allion 260 recently and he's also in same situation as you. He can't even buy the same Allion 260 for the price he sold it. I think you better wait for some time until this ridiculous fluctuations settle down and go for a newer Lancer EX or a Mazda Axela.

Do you want

a) a car that is newer than your Lancer EX ?

B) a car that is Japanese ?

If you don't mind going older and European

There is a S-Line A4 being advertised around the FB groups and i believe it is within your budget. Also you could look in to something like a E46 ?

That S line is overpriced and sellers is short term owner for less than few months.

This been advertised for long time since last year and somebody caught into the trap. Now he's willing to dispose with some profit,

I smell fish, stay away

How about buying a Lancer Ex again? :D

Yep, Why not? But this time I wanted to try something different :-)

suggesting a car for 3.5 million to person who sold his lancer EX .ibbagen pihatu ganna eka lesi!! :speechless-smiley-006::sport-smiley-027:

Hahahahaha

Well the only two viable options for the requirements stated would be to buy another lancer ex or a mazda 3. I don't see any others that even come close to these two, especially the driving pleasure and performance criteria. The fd is also not a bad choice but maintainance and economy may not be on par with the other 2.

Thanks for the info

Machan. What a terrible mistake you have done??? One of my good friends sold his Allion 260 recently and he's also in same situation as you. He can't even buy the same Allion 260 for the price he sold it. I think you better wait for some time until this ridiculous fluctuations settle down and go for a newer Lancer EX or a Mazda Axela.

Yeah, That's what I thought!.

Do you want

There is a S-Line A4 being advertised around the FB groups and i believe it is within your budget. Also you could look in to something like a E46 ?

Okay. Let me check.

That S line is overpriced and sellers is short term owner for less than few months.

This been advertised for long time since last year and somebody caught into the trap. Now he's willing to dispose with some profit,

I smell fish, stay away

Oopps!!! Okay

Guys found one. It's on ik***.lk

Audi A4 S-LINE 2002

Brand:Audi
Model year:2002
Condition:Used
Transmission:6 SPEED AUTO/TRIPTRONIC
Model:A4 S-LINE
Body type:Saloon
Fuel type:Petrol
Engine capacity:1,800 cc
Mileage:135,000 km

Rs 3,150,000

Please let me know whether it's worth for this price?

Edited by dasunh

Do you want

I smell fish, stay away

Guys were you talking about the above car? Just realised. Let me know.

Thanks for the support in advance.

It's the subject. 'Vehicle For 3.5M'

Yes ..You sold it bad time man..There are several option i like

1. Allion 260 (it seems difficult, Save money and go 240)

2. 121(Save money and go 121)

3. Mazda Axela /3

Edited by dhanuFB15

Guys found one. It's on ik***.lk

Audi A4 S-LINE 2002

Brand:Audi

Model year:2002

Condition:Used

Transmission:6 SPEED AUTO/TRIPTRONIC

Model:A4 S-LINE

Body type:Saloon

Fuel type:Petrol

Engine capacity:1,800 cc

Mileage:135,000 km

Rs 3,150,000

Please let me know whether it's worth for this price?

Well ,if we consider the big picture this car should worth more than this price tag considering the options, handling and overall finish. But let's not forget we are in Sri Lanka. So considering it's fuel economy, maintenance cost and resale value as a tipical Sri lankan ,I would say it is overpriced. :D

Yes ..You sold it bad time man..There are several option i like

1. Allion 260 (it seems difficult, Save money and go 240)

2. 121(Save money and go 121)

3. Mazda Axela /3

Thanks man

Well ,if we consider the big picture this car should worth more than this price tag considering the options, handling and overall finish. But let's not forget we are in Sri Lanka. So considering it's fuel economy, maintenance cost and resale value as a tipical Sri lankan ,I would say it is overpriced. :D

Come on guys. If it's overpriced What would be a reasonable price tag?

Thanks man

Come on guys. If it's overpriced What would be a reasonable price tag?

Uhh...I think Sathajith was being sarcastic....as he says...people in Sri Lanka define the value of a car based on how many kmpl it gets and how shiny its Toyota badge is....so if it doesn't do 15+ kmpl and/or doesn't have a Toyota badge it is crap ! Worth only Rs.10,000 that is if it comes with a petrol tanker-truck. (again..being sarcastic...in case you miss it).

As to whether the car is worth the price...depends on the actual condition of the car.

Yes..I was referring to that S-Line...

Uhh...I think Sathajith was being sarcastic....as he says...people in Sri Lanka define the value of a car based on how many kmpl it gets and how shiny its Toyota badge is....so if it doesn't do 15+ kmpl and/or doesn't have a Toyota badge it is crap ! Worth only Rs.10,000 that is if it comes with a petrol tanker-truck. (again..being sarcastic...in case you miss it).

As to whether the car is worth the price...depends on the actual condition of the car.

Yes..I was referring to that S-Line...

Hahahaha Thanks man