• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Carol And Suzuki Alto

Jeewantha123

I am Planing to buy a Suzuki Alto (Japanese) 2001-2004 model. But I found a car from the market named Mazda Carol with the same body and specifications. It was somewhat cheap than the Suzuki Altos that I found in the market. Please let me know the differences between these two cars , the average fuel consumption and the availability of spare parts. Thank you. Any comment will be a great help for me.

Both cars are the same....Mazda sources its kei cars from Suzuki (used to have a lot more models sourced by Suzuki but they've cut down now). Some models have slight differences in tech spec like in suspension type, engine (ECU ?) configuration, gearbox type, etc...but for the most part these differences have been quite small. In some co-shared models the bigger differences have been the accessories and its combinations that were offered (and things like material and patterns on upholstery). I am really not sure if there are any differences between the Alto and the Carol, but even if there were I seriously doubt you would notice them. No would there be anything that would contribute to different build quality and reliability between the two cars.

Price wise, the two cars would differ in Japan because of how each manufacturer's dealership network operates and what services, etc... are offered. Secondly, it is also because of the badge. The Suzuki variants are a bit more expensive because the Suzuki brand has a bit more value in respect to kei cars (again..not that Mazda's brand value is bad...just that kei cars are not known to be their own kind of thing).

• Like 1

both cars are same just logo only(but for alto there is a small different in front shell) you can buy any spare parts which is suit to the alto.you dont have to mention your car as mazda carol..dont think about this sooo much.this thing is not only happens to the alto & carol

suzuki alto=mazda carol

suzuki every=mazda scrum

nissan vanette=mazda bongo=mitsubishi delica

nissan caravan=isuzu como

daihatsu hijet=toyota pixis

toyota passo=daihatsu boon

toyota rush=daihatsu terious

mistubishi minicab=nissan clipper

there are so many vehicle models like this.i just mentioned some of them

• Like 1

Both cars are the same....Mazda sources its kei cars from Suzuki (used to have a lot more models sourced by Suzuki but they've cut down now). Some models have slight differences in tech spec like in suspension type, engine (ECU ?) configuration, gearbox type, etc...but for the most part these differences have been quite small. In some co-shared models the bigger differences have been the accessories and its combinations that were offered (and things like material and patterns on upholstery). I am really not sure if there are any differences between the Alto and the Carol, but even if there were I seriously doubt you would notice them. No would there be anything that would contribute to different build quality and reliability between the two cars.

Price wise, the two cars would differ in Japan because of how each manufacturer's dealership network operates and what services, etc... are offered. Secondly, it is also because of the badge. The Suzuki variants are a bit more expensive because the Suzuki brand has a bit more value in respect to kei cars (again..not that Mazda's brand value is bad...just that kei cars are not known to be their own kind of thing).

Thank you my friend. These information helped me a lot. Thank you. Now I can choose my car with more information with it. Thanks a lot mt friend

both cars are same just logo only(but for alto there is a small different in front shell) you can buy any spare parts which is suit to the alto.you dont have to mention your car as mazda carol..dont think about this sooo much.this thing is not only happens to the alto & carol

suzuki alto=mazda carol

suzuki every=mazda scrum

Osanda 19 Thanks a lot for your information. I gained an idea about this vehicle and some other vehicles. Thanks a lot my friend..... :medium-smiley-037:

A word of caution.

If you are a typical sri Lankan car buyer (ie. wants high resale value), I would advise you to go with the bulto.

The reason is stupid sri Lankan car buyers don't have the knowledge irage has so they will listen to their neighbor who thinks he knows cars and will think there are no parts for mazda carol.

So when you sell it, you will get high resale value for the bulto.

This is the reason why Mazda Bongo has lower value than Sinha moona vanette. Although its the same van (made by mazda)

of course, you can disregard all this if you are not a typical sri Lankan car buyer.

• Like 2

Fond memories of an acquaintance receiving flack for buying a Daihatsu Boon (plot twist: the Toyota Passo is a badge engineered Daihatsu). But yes, there's nothing wrong with the Mazda Carol, unless you mean one from the 60's in which case I will promptly buy it from whoever is selling it.

suzuki alto=mazda carol

suzuki every=mazda scrum

I would like to add two more models.

(1) Suzuki Wagon R Stingray = Mazda Flair

(I have seen only 1 - 2 Mazda Flair here)

mazda-flair-models-2015.jpg

Suzuki-Wagon-R-Stingray-Japan-September-

(2) Suzuki Hustler = Mazda Flair Crossover

mazda-flair-crossover-5_653.jpg

2013_10_30_suzuki_hustler_concept_04.jpg

• Like 1