• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan B211 Restoration

Bere

Hello everyone,

It's a privilege to have a discussion among you, experts.

I started restoring my B211 car and the tinkering is almost complete. Front bumper of the car is rusted and damaged. Can you guys suggest a place where I can have a nickel bath and fix it?? And also, please let me know if there's a place where I can find exterior parts for my car....

Thanks a lot.....

post-71439-0-04024300-1451387458_thumb.j

Edited by Bere

Welcome to the forum!

You can find details of places that do chrome plating by searching the forum. Follow search instructions here.

As for parts, you should be able to find body, trim and other rare bits in Panchikawatte scrap yards. Did you do a search? You also might be able to find stuff around Kurunegala. There used to be a "watte" just next to the BMC building at Panchikawatte and there were a few shops that stored parts of old Japs including Sunnys, Corollas, Lancers etc.

There are a few B211 projects on the forum that you might find interesting:

Sumiya's project was pretty popular a few years back. Not sure of the current status of the project. The images on the thread seem to be broken now, but here it is:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10176-my-little-project-on-1974-sunny-gx/

Another one - quite recent:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16893-my-first-car-nissan-b211-1976/

Thanks a lot Davy, really important details.

I will look for the place at Panchikawatta..

Most of the original parts are still there with car. I need to find those emblems ('Loku batch') which is pretty rare..

Attached some photos taken before the restoration

post-71439-0-49318800-1451492010_thumb.j

post-71439-0-07470300-1451492027_thumb.j

post-71439-0-19525600-1451492049_thumb.j

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone...

glad to speak to you the experts, once again...

Scraped down to the bare metal and did the complete tinkering with full flow board replace.. Painted with original Nissan A32 paint.

Now, my restoration project is almost complete.. Can you please suggest me a place where I can buy front chromium bumper and big emblems????

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks everyone....

* car seats were re- formed with leather covers

* for the upholstery, kept the original covers with new hard boars inside.

* headlights were replaced

* emission system fully replaced

* shell replaced with b210 shell which I thought would be more suitable 

* most of all, Air conditioning system implemented few days ago.

I thought of NOT changing the original look of the car, but please suggest anything to get my ride to a better stage. Your valuable comments are always welcome...

Nice work ! 

May I suggest a change of wheels ? Either get some period correct alloy wheels (actual Watanabes and such might be pricey but you get pretty reputable look alikes from BR, etc...) or just o with the steelies especially if you can find the original hub caps.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Nice work ! 

May I suggest a change of wheels ? Either get some period correct alloy wheels (actual Watanabes and such might be pricey but you get pretty reputable look alikes from BR, etc...) or just o with the steelies especially if you can find the original hub caps.

Thanks iRage....

I'm planning on buying some handy deep dish wheels.. But the brand news are damn too expensive.. Any place you know of where I can buy refurbished....???

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

Nice work man... May I ask, how much did it cost for the complete restoration?

Thanks mate...

it cost me like 130000 for both tinkering and painting (including all the materials and paint)... Both the tinker and painter are my friends so it saved some money for me

for interior, 30000 for seats and upholstery...

20000 for emission replacement.....