• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

s.madura

Good one s.madura! This is something I wanted to do for the car, but couldn't. Very happy to see that she finally got the double din dashboard. I think that it's safe to say that this is the only pre-facelift CS3 in Sri Lanka with a double din dashboard. :) Well done!

Back in 2009, when I was considering the conversion, a company called Orbital was selling a conversion kit for about $300! Mind you this was only the bits that s.madura bought from eBay. But people were still buying them. As for me, the price was too high for a couple of bezels and mounting brackets. But as time went by and as the CS got a bit older, these parts started selling at low prices.

• Like 1

One question, does the AC controller knobs light up properly?

I'm positive that they do because the AC control panel connector just has to be removed and then plugged back in through the CD changer opening. :)

• Like 1

Good one s.madura! This is something I wanted to do for the car, but couldn't. Very happy to see that she finally got the double din dashboard. I think that it's safe to say that this is the only pre-facelift CS3 in Sri Lanka with a double din dashboard. :) Well done!

Back in 2009, when I was considering the conversion, a company called Orbital was selling a conversion kit for about $300! Mind you this was only the bits that s.madura bought from eBay. But people were still buying them. As for me, the price was too high for a couple of bezels and mounting brackets. But as time went by and as the CS got a bit older, these parts started selling at low prices.

Dear Davy

Out of subject

Can I know the difference between Facelift CS3 and non facelift CS3? any image pls.

I have CS3 and no idea about its model

Thanks

Amila

Dear Davy

Out of subject

Can I know the difference between Facelift CS3 and non facelift CS3? any image pls.

I have CS3 and no idea about its model

Thanks

Amila

Before the facelift (2001 - 2003):

mitsubishi-lancer-2002-black-wallpaper-a

Facelift (2003 - 2008):

2006_mitsubishijapan_lancer_gls_a_t_pasi

Same car, exterior differences.

Thanks guys

this is catchy. yeah very well this should be.

Wow.. Just wow. great stuff mate. Really happy to see the end results.

One question, does the AC controller knobs light up properly?

yeah machan. nothing different from the OEM controllers. it has the same spaces to come out the light and display the indicators with no difference

Edited by s.madura
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Need a help i bought a new lancer glx cs3 2011 model that comes with new speedometer..my past one was 2001 cs3 glx ..very much happy with the car...bur now there is a small noise that coming from the front wheel bearing(i guess).guys is there a good place to replace...how much it will cost...and how much it will cost if it done by unimo..

And also the previous owner told me to chand the ATF also by removing ang cleaining the sump...i didnt get it...and how much it will cost ..

By the way great job madura...

Edited by Ashein

Hi guys.

Need a help i bought a new lancer glx cs3 2011 model that comes with new speedometer..my past one was 2001 cs3 glx ..very much happy with the car...bur now there is a small noise that coming from the front wheel bearing(i guess).guys is there a good place to replace...how much it will cost...and how much it will cost if it done by unimo..

And also the previous owner told me to chand the ATF also by removing ang cleaining the sump...i didnt get it...and how much it will cost ..

By the way great job madura...

Please use this thread for your questions to keep this thread on topic. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Madura, This is superb. Excellently done. I'm also planning to do this conversion. But before proceed further I have one question to clarify.

In our vehicles, usually Temp knob locate in right side of the AC control (most of the time). But in the picture of the panel (from eBay) Temp knob was locate in left side of the AC control. So how you overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, rsherath said:

Madura, This is superb. Excellently done. I'm also planning to do this conversion. But before proceed further I have one question to clarify.

In our vehicles, usually Temp knob locate in right side of the AC control (most of the time). But in the picture of the panel (from eBay) Temp knob was locate in left side of the AC control. So how you overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that matters because those are hard stickers around the knobs which you can easily take off and switch. 

Edited by Davy
Corrected typo
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, rsherath said:

Thanks in advance.

Hi, as Davy said before, both has same type of knobs and it is just a matter of swapping these two stickers which can  be done easily. However in my case those were in the right places.

Edited by s.madura
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have some more tips regarding this.

I used this Relocation kit:

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-95-7017B-Double-2002-2007-Mitsubishi/dp/B00WAHKT0W

This ISO to Mitsubishi wire harness, then you don't need to cut any wires

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191522544916

Radio:

https://www.amazon.com/Eonon-GA2154-Multimedia-Bluetooth-Navigation/dp/B01M5FR43M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480527041&sr=8-1&keywords=eonon+ga2154

I had to connect Illumination wires of ISO harness and radio harness manually by soldering and covering with heat shrink (Rs:50 per 1m at Pettah)

Also I had to connect the ground wire of radio harness to break in wire in the radio to by pass video playback only when vehicle is stopped (specific to radio)

There is a place to keep mic in the original car design in the dash panel. just below the tachometer. (like a place to keep speaker, with few opening lines)

You can put and paste (GPS antenna with magnet will get simply attached) the GPS antenna in the cylindrical metal tube inside the radio opening

I routed USB cabled of the radio to the cabin hole to use USB devices.

The tricky part of the modification was relocating the AC panel, I have seen that many people are trying to unplug AC cables at the panel but it is hard and there is a possibility of breaking parts, but you can easily unplug AC cables above the pedals with just a flat screw driver.

Unplug AC cables below dashboard just above the clutch in manual cars as below:

accable.jpg

Then no need to remove AC cables in the panel :

havc.jpg

Used ISO to MMC wire harness, no more wire cutting:

iso.jpg

After everything finished:

radio.jpg

Edited by nagaya
addition
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/19/2017 at 7:35 PM, nagaya said:

I have some more tips regarding this.

I used this Relocation kit:

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-95-7017B-Double-2002-2007-Mitsubishi/dp/B00WAHKT0W

This ISO to Mitsubishi wire harness, then you don't need to cut any wires

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191522544916

Radio:

https://www.amazon.com/Eonon-GA2154-Multimedia-Bluetooth-Navigation/dp/B01M5FR43M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480527041&sr=8-1&keywords=eonon+ga2154

I had to connect Illumination wires of ISO harness and radio harness manually by soldering and covering with heat shrink (Rs:50 per 1m at Pettah)

Also I had to connect the ground wire of radio harness to break in wire in the radio to by pass video playback only when vehicle is stopped (specific to radio)

There is a place to keep mic in the original car design in the dash panel. just below the tachometer. (like a place to keep speaker, with few opening lines)

You can put and paste (GPS antenna with magnet will get simply attached) the GPS antenna in the cylindrical metal tube inside the radio opening

I routed USB cabled of the radio to the cabin hole to use USB devices.

The tricky part of the modification was relocating the AC panel, I have seen that many people are trying to unplug AC cables at the panel but it is hard and there is a possibility of breaking parts, but you can easily unplug AC cables above the pedals with just a flat screw driver.

Unplug AC cables below dashboard just above the clutch in manual cars as below:

accable.jpg

Then no need to remove AC cables in the panel :

havc.jpg

Used ISO to MMC wire harness, no more wire cutting:

iso.jpg

After everything finished:

radio.jpg

Nice DIY mate. BTW I'm going to do this to my lancer CS1 2005 and Hope to buy that Amazon panel conversion kit you have mentioned and used. But that kit was designed for Left Hand Drive cars. So how can I use  that one  with my lancer 2005.? Please fill me the method you have used. Thanks.! 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 5/20/2017 at 9:22 PM, Vilan said:

Nice DIY mate. BTW I'm going to do this to my lancer CS1 2005 and Hope to buy that Amazon panel conversion kit you have mentioned and used. But that kit was designed for Left Hand Drive cars. So how can I use  that one  with my lancer 2005.? Please fill me the method you have used. Thanks.! 

I found no difference in RHD & LHD drive cars radio panel other than AC temperature and mode selector round labels in different sides. I just swapped those stickers :)

7 hours ago, nagaya said:

I found no difference in RHD & LHD drive cars radio panel other than AC temperature and mode selector round labels in different sides. I just swapped those stickers :)

I can confirm this is the only difference. There's no other difference between the LHD and RHD bezels. 

• 7 months later...