• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero V98W Roof Rails Fixation

nitro2000

Question

Recently I bought a Mitsubishi Montero V98W, which had been previously bought for the permit, where the all the accesories were fixed from Un*t*d M*t*rs (with all the bills and all) except for the roof rails. The previous owner was reluctant to fix it as they want to drill the top and fix it. So today I called Elc*rd*, there also they are following the same procedure. So does anyone of you know of a place where I can fix those two bars without drilling the upper surface. Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Roof rails are not just for the looks. They do serve a purpose (like affixing cycle mounts, surf boards, camping gear etc. for transportation). In order to attach such things onto the rails, they need to be firmly attached to the body.

If the agents themselves drill the roof, then that is how the manufacturer intended the rails to be installed, so don't worry about it. Just get it installed properly and it will look like the car came with them from the factory.

Recently I bought a Mitsubishi Montero V98W, which had been previously bought for the permit, where the all the accesories were fixed from Un*t*d M*t*rs (with all the bills and all) except for the roof rails. The previous owner was reluctant to fix it as they want to drill the top and fix it. So today I called Elc*rd*, there also they are following the same procedure. So does anyone of you know of a place where I can fix those two bars without drilling the upper surface. Thanks in advance.

Try with agents.

As if I can remember the screws for the rails are there, for the V 98. (not for the V96)

You need to remove the roof upholstery and the roof beading to get them exposed