• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

[Honda][Gp5][Fit] Unusual Loud Squeak Noise When Left Side Mirror Retracting/folding

udinnet

Hi,

I own a Honda Fit GP5 2015 S grade (Highest trim level). Today when I'm locking the car from the left door lock button (I've auto folding turned on), I heard this loud squeak noise from the mirror while its on folding operation. But it doesn't have any issues other that that noise (It folds and un-folds in regular speed as usual). Then I checked the right side mirror, and it folds/un-folds without abnormal noise. I've washed the car yesterday. I don't know whether it occurred due to a water leakage into the mirror assy. Do you guys experienced anything similar to this?

Thanks in advance. :)

Did it happen once or happens regularly? It might be hit on something while washing and reset to normal position causing the normal long squeak. Otherwise better to check by someone who knows the subject.

• Like 1

Did it happen once or happens regularly? It might be hit on something while washing and reset to normal position causing the normal long squeak. Otherwise better to check by someone who knows the subject.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It happens all the time now. Louder when folds and normal when un-folds. Its like rubbing a plastic or a rubber surface. I think I need to check it from someone.

Oh now I remember!! I hit my elbow on the side mirror cover side and it turned little bit in (to the usual rotating side, the mirrors were open/unfolded). Then I turned it back to the normal position, which is fully opened position. Did I do something bad? Then after all the time the mirror unfolds, the loud squeak sound comes out and it is really annoying. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks a lot WCW.