• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru Legacy B4?

throttle

Question

Hi Guys,

Planning to buy a Legacy B4 99/2000 as my first car. I just have a few queries about this beast.

(Im not worried about fuel consumption :P )

1. Are there any reliable places for services except the agents?

2. Is it easy to find spare parts (except from the agents again :P )?

3. What is the price range for a car in good condition?

Thank you :D

6 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

Planning to buy a Legacy B4 99/2000 as my first car. I just have a few queries about this beast.

(Im not worried about fuel consumption :P )

1. Are there any reliable places for services except the agents?

2. Is it easy to find spare parts (except from the agents again :P )?

3. What is the price range for a car in good condition?

Thank you :D

Sorry for the late reply here didn't see this post till Davy buzzed me up & tuner88 as well.

So here goes,

@throttle, its advised to go for the agents for servicing (servicing NOT repairs) since they will have all the records at one place for when it come the time where u want to sell the car, the 1st place a potential buyer would call is the agents to get the history of the said car. That said IF you get the proper oils and filters and your knowledgeable enough you could do the servicing else where as well but do keep in mind this isn't all that a good idea.

Spare parts can be sourced from the agents as well as outsiders. even the agents will opt to go for recon parts IF u say that's okay rather than new. You also can contact MacF**ce who will get parts from their contacts. So far i have not gotten any issues in sourcing parts...IF all things fail you can opt for eBay, eBay Australia or even Yahoo Japan Auction.

Price range will differ from A/T to M/T. depends on what you are looking at. I think you will be looking at a price range of 2 - 2.4mil.

Right about now the question is to find a properly kept B4. there were a few in the market several months back i am not sure if they are still.

IF you do find one call the agents give the plates and see if they have come for regular servicing etc coz they will let you know if the car is good or if its a Lemon :P

IF any questions mate pop in on the thread and will reply. Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply here didn't see this post till Davy buzzed me up & tuner88 as well.

So here goes,

@throttle, its advised to go for the agents for servicing (servicing NOT repairs) since they will have all the records at one place for when it come the time where u want to sell the car, the 1st place a potential buyer would call is the agents to get the history of the said car. That said IF you get the proper oils and filters and your knowledgeable enough you could do the servicing else where as well but do keep in mind this isn't all that a good idea.

Spare parts can be sourced from the agents as well as outsiders. even the agents will opt to go for recon parts IF u say that's okay rather than new. You also can contact MacF**ce who will get parts from their contacts. So far i have not gotten any issues in sourcing parts...IF all things fail you can opt for eBay, eBay Australia or even Yahoo Japan Auction.

Price range will differ from A/T to M/T. depends on what you are looking at. I think you will be looking at a price range of 2 - 2.4mil.

Right about now the question is to find a properly kept B4. there were a few in the market several months back i am not sure if they are still.

IF you do find one call the agents give the plates and see if they have come for regular servicing etc coz they will let you know if the car is good or if its a Lemon :P

IF any questions mate pop in on the thread and will reply. Hope this helps. :)

This is brilliant! Thanks alot buddy :D

There are few crashed and (badly) resurrected B4s around.

I suggest posting the number of the car. Members might be able to help you.

Alternatively, give a call to Jehan @ Senok.

So ive heard :( and apparently there are a few with engine issues around ( I dont know whether this is true or not :P ) just what i heard.. Thanks for the info. :)