• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Tv/dvd Display Turn On Time To Time

dhanuFB15

Dear My AL Friends

I post this question after search 1000 times in AL as well as internet.But not satisfactory answer yet. Hope AL expert can solve it.

My car DVD/TV Setup (Chinese one that previous owner install) works fine up to month after purchased. But setup display( audio working) not it not working in cold start( it mean once after 1 or 2 after car stopped).when after i drove 20 mins, it's working again.

I using car only on week ends. Because of that i sightly understand battery drain little bit ( Start also not soft as first).

My Question is

1. For DVD player display problem is because of due battery issue.?

Can it would be happen due battery drain

or any other issue related to Display...?

Your valuable answers are highly appreciate

I Don't think its related to the battery, I think its a fault with the LCD backlight of the player. Could be the invertor circuitry, the backlight or the LCD it self.

Thanks for comment friend. But according to findings Display take significant amount of power and some time it will be the issue?

Anyway first i check battery then move to LCD

Any other comments plz

Whoever told you that the LCD in a car stereo uses up a ton of power was probably smoking something or just simply uninformed. If your stereo has the disc loader behind the screen, it's a safe bet that the flexible cable is acting up. Or like mentioned earlier, the backlight inverter. If your battery was bad to the extent that it affected the radio, then you wouldn't be able to start your car, and your lights would be dim.

Whoever told you that the LCD in a car stereo uses up a ton of power was probably smoking something or just simply uninformed. If your stereo has the disc loader behind the screen, it's a safe bet that the flexible cable is acting up. Or like mentioned earlier, the backlight inverter. If your battery was bad to the extent that it affected the radio, then you wouldn't be able to start your car, and your lights would be dim.

thanks my friend. Ok

Then why it works when after `10-20 mins drive, because of battery charging or some other issue. ?

Anyway what will i have to follow...

Change battery first and check..

Then after not solve replace Setup

Plz comment

thanks my friend. Ok

Then why it works when after `10-20 mins drive, because of battery charging or some other issue. ?

Plz comment

It is very unlikely that the problem is due to battery. There is a signal wire among many others at the back of the unit preventing watching videos while driving. It is disabled by connecting to the ground. If it is left open it can act up. Get this checked from somewhere first.

thanks my friend. Ok

Plz comment

Like Terrabyte said if its your battery you wont even be able to start the car. Is the LCD stable after 10-20 mins? If so it probably couldn't be due to a loose connection. Get your inverter circuitry and LCD checked. I'm no expert in electronics, but I suspect bad capacitors on the power side.

Simple diagnostics steps which comes to my mind.

1. Before cold start, on the switch to ACC (dont try to start the car) and check whether your player working or not. Wait said time (10-20 min) and see the difference.
  2. Before cold start, disconnect your player power supply from the car battery and connect it to another power source like 12v power adapter. The video players will not suck power like a starter motor. So most small 12v power supplies will do the job.
  3. If you can find a extra battery, keep it inside the car and connect to the player and do a test run.

These steps are in easy to hard order. In worst case you may need to replace the player. If your battery much enough for cold start after a week, I dont think its bad and may no need to replace. Most Chinese players cost around 5-8K bucks.

Like Terrabyte said if its your battery you wont even be able to start the car. Is the LCD stable after 10-20 mins? If so it probably couldn't be due to a loose connection. Get your inverter circuitry and LCD checked. I'm no expert in electronics, but I suspect bad capacitors on the power side.

Thanks for reply again. Today morning i start the car without any issue. but when ON the player ( with start car)display not ON. then i OFF it and check around 2-3 mins but same again.

Yes some times it will be lose connection. is there any place to checked that circuit, i dont think car setup fixing places not did it, they always try to re-fix new one.

Anyway in worst case look after new player ,please let me know best (i know not best actually) Chinese stuff please

Simple diagnostics steps which comes to my mind.
  1. Before cold start, on the switch to ACC (dont try to start the car) and check whether your player working or not. Wait said time (10-20 min) and see the difference.
  2. Before cold start, disconnect your player power supply from the car battery and connect it to another power source like 12v power adapter. The video players will not suck power like a starter motor. So most small 12v power supplies will do the job.
  3. If you can find a extra battery, keep it inside the car and connect to the player and do a test run.

These steps are in easy to hard order. In worst case you may need to replace the player. If your battery much enough for cold start after a week, I dont think its bad and may no need to replace. Most Chinese players cost around 5-8K bucks.

Thanks friend....i follow ur values check list and let you know.....

Other than that please let me know what are the good player available in market

The issue could be a number of things. There is probably an issue with the LCD inverter where it takes a while to "warm up". I've experienced it myself, having replaced a few laptop and LCD monitor inverters in the past. It could be a trace or solder joint, the heat from being left switched on is just enough to bridge the gap to make it work again. Electronics are extremely iffy when it comes to things like this. I suggest you replace the stereo with a good brand name one, like a Kenwood or Pioneer.

The issue could be a number of things. There is probably an issue with the LCD inverter where it takes a while to "warm up". I've experienced it myself, having replaced a few laptop and LCD monitor inverters in the past. It could be a trace or solder joint, the heat from being left switched on is just enough to bridge the gap to make it work again. Electronics are extremely iffy when it comes to things like this. I suggest you replace the stereo with a good brand name one, like a Kenwood or Pioneer.

Yes i like but it may cost around 50 plus. i willing to move another Chinese one buddy....

I am not aware local places which can buy GOOD players. Have seen lot of places who sell Chinese players. Sad thing is they dont provide warranty more than 3 months. Once I bought this via ebay and worked well until I sell the car with it. Only week point of it was bit difficult to see back as it fix on center mirror. Check this link and get idea about features and cost, even you buy a player from local market.

Yes i like but it may cost around 50 plus. i willing to move another Chinese one buddy....

I suggest you save up a bit and avoid a chinese one. My new car has a chinese stereo and it is absolute crap; the bluetooth mic isn't sensitive enough for hands free operation, the phone's contact list does not sync with it, no RDS for FM stations, and it won't even properly read tags from MP3 files.

I suggest you save up a bit and avoid a chinese one. My new car has a chinese stereo and it is absolute crap; the bluetooth mic isn't sensitive enough for hands free operation, the phone's contact list does not sync with it, no RDS for FM stations, and it won't even properly read tags from MP3 files.

Yes friend...I accept all the things...but just i consider money only. anyway i will check kenwood as well

I am not aware local places which can buy GOOD players. Have seen lot of places who sell Chinese players. Sad thing is they dont provide warranty more than 3 months. Once I bought this via ebay and worked well until I sell the car with it. Only week point of it was bit difficult to see back as it fix on center mirror. Check this link and get idea about features and cost, even you buy a player from local market.

Thanks friends. I search several stuffs from ebay.

Can't tune them above 90 ne. Otherwise I would jump on a 2 din Clarion with MD and CD built in.

I have chipped it and it works pretty fine, anyway I dont listen to FM much.

Mine has HDD too and I have managed to figure out how to use it :D

Thanks for reply again. Today morning i start the car without any issue. but when ON the player ( with start car)display not ON. then i OFF it and check around 2-3 mins but same again.

Yes some times it will be lose connection. is there any place to checked that circuit, i dont think car setup fixing places not did it, they always try to re-fix new one.

Anyway in worst case look after new player ,please let me know best (i know not best actually) Chinese stuff please

Try a reputed LCD TV/ Radio/ hi-fi setup repair joint. I also think it is best to get a good branded setup, avoid Chinese crap if possible.

Am I the only one who prefers the Japanese set ups?

I use a 7 inch Japanese Toyota Pioneer Carrozzeria

[img=http://oi65.tinypic.com/nco485.jpg]

Can't tune them above 90 ne. Otherwise I would jump on a 2 din Clarion with MD and CD built in.

I've still got the factory fitted Toyota player in my axio. Not caused any trouble for the past 5 years. Has CD player and DVD voice navigation but cannot use it. It's true that FMA radio frequencies are limited to 90MHz but I've got E FM and Lite FM within the range, so no problem. The TV is not clear. But reverse camera display is pretty good.

Wanted to change it for something with USB and bluetooth but heard a lot of complaints about these Chinese and other aftermarket players, so just enjoying it.

• Like 1