• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help To Spend Rs 6.5 M. Vehicle Budget

Ginger

Off-Topic:
Clearly there are cases of ayurvedic medicine helping people, but i for one don't want to try a medicine cos a 1000 years ago some guy said that XYZ oil will cure ABC.
Like Chan5 says modern medicine is evidence based, so there's some level of comfort in knowing there's been years of testing and research done and documented to prove effectiveness.

But all that said and done, we are human afterall. When all that is logical has been tried and failed the survival instinct takes us down the path of faith and belief. And I guess this is one instance it led you correctly.

• Like 2

I am in Sri Lanka now and will be deciding in the next 10 days. May be a 6.5m is too small a budget in the current market. Currently we are discussing selling one family car - most probably 2014 Premio and negotiate to buy two Vezels or two similar cars from the same seller. Hope fully we will get a better price for two cars.

I am in Sri Lanka now and will be deciding in the next 10 days. May be a 6.5m is too small a budget in the current market. Currently we are discussing selling one family car - most probably 2014 Premio and negotiate to buy two Vezels or two similar cars from the same seller. Hope fully we will get a better price for two cars.

Good to have you back in Sri Lanka.

Really? You're selling a premio to buy a Vezel? And planning to have not one but two vezels in the family? I'm sorry to say this but I'm a bit disappointed in you Ginger.

• Like 1

Good to have you back in Sri Lanka. Really? You're selling a premio to buy a Vezel? And planning to have not one but two vezels in the family? I'm sorry to say this but I'm a bit disappointed in you Ginger.
sathyajithj99

I am planning stretching the budget a bit.

Not exactly Vezels. I am still looking for something similar to that. Specially non hybrid.

Will start with leading agents tomorrow.

The govt has not gazetted the budget proposals yet. May be more amendments will come in the coming week.

http://forum.autolanka.com/user/65720-sathyajithj99/'>sathyajithj99

I am planning stretching the budget a bit.

Not exactly Vezels. I am still looking for something similar to that. Specially non hybrid.

Will start with leading agents tomorrow.

The govt has not gazetted the budget proposals yet. May be more amendments will come in the coming week.

That's good news. Then I hope you'd consider what I've suggested earlier, specially Mazda CX-5. :)

Subaru XV is what I have. Hybrid must be going around 7m mark now. I would say it's worth a look too.

Mazda CX-5 is a neat choice. If you think that's bulky or over the budget checkout CX-3 as well.

Subaru XV is what I have. Hybrid must be going around 7m mark now. I would say it's worth a look too.

Mazda CX-5 is a neat choice. If you think that's bulky or over the budget checkout CX-3 as well.

Thanks. Will check Subaru next week.

CX-3 is small and the other one is bulky.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. I finally bought a Honda Vezel for my daughter from Ind... Traders. Same time, we also wanted to have a soft 4x4 for the family and decided on Nisan X-trail extremer. I did not have the opportunity to test any of them, but they are happy with the buy. Both of them have a lot of options, hence electronic side is a bit scary. Any way we all have to live with hybrids now.

Should say that the buying experience was very interesting and valuable. I was visiting all major car sellers / agents for about two weeks.

Truth of the matter is that all most all the car sellers mislead you, unless you are defiant and rational in your search.

Thanks all for your advices.

Sorry for the delay. I finally bought a Honda Vezel for my daughter from Ind... Traders. Same time, we also wanted to have a soft 4x4 for the family and decided on Nisan X-trail extremer. I did not have the opportunity to test any of them, but they are happy with the buy. Both of them have a lot of options, hence electronic side is a bit scary. Any way we all have to live with hybrids now.

Should say that the buying experience was very interesting and valuable. I was visiting all major car sellers / agents for about two weeks.

Truth of the matter is that all most all the car sellers mislead you, unless you are defiant and rational in your search.

Thanks all for your advices.

I havent met anyone who has bought a car froma car-sale in a long time... would you be kind enough to share your experience on this point... Thanks!

Some of my experiences during the months of November-December of last year.

1: Sales people have no idea of what they are selling. eg.

Sales people who swore that a C200 Kompressor is NA...

Mark X is manufactured in Thailand (thus Cefiro would be better...would have given them credit if they at least said China !).

E46 came before the E34 (no idea how on earth that guy came up with that) thus with an E34 I would be getting a newer car.

Suzuki uses Toyota's hybrid system.

2. Misinformation :

Came across a guy who said there was a plug-in version of the Vezel, but they don't bring it because it is not helpful to plug to the national power grid but would bring on special order.

Then there was the age old fuel consumption.

Hybrid batteries are non-toxic now !

Manual transmission will ALWAYS be more fuel efficient than a CVT.

Then there was the usual issue of claiming the car to be one grade when it is something else.

Total utter rubbish as to what they say is on the auction sheet. Came across an Allion with leather seats. Salesman showed the auction sheet saying that it says the leather seats were original from the factory. Auction sheet had nothing written about any seats !

Then there was a case of the Axio TRD and manual transmission :)...although that could have gone either way.

EDIT: Okay maybe the Axio TRD makes no sense. The guy was adamant that Toyota had an actual GT grade from the factory. When in reality it was a TRD GT Turbo package which TRD offered as performance upgrade for the X-Grade. The package was available in various sub-packages which could be put on any Axio, but the whole package which gave it the official GT tag had a turbo charger and was available only with the X grade. Why the X grade ? Well probably because the MT came mostly in X grade (except for a business line G grade which was pretty much a X with some added trinkets...which I only found out a few weeks ago when chatting with supra lead me to read...). Could be because of cost...the "sports set" without the turbo charger and ECU costed about 600,000yen. Also the official TRD GT only came in three color codes non of which were the color of the car the guy was trying to sell.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2

Well, don't expect me to recommend a vezle because personally I don't like it. Since she prefers crossovers like "vezle" (I hardly consider it a crossover) , I think ofSubaru XV hybridBMW X1Mazda CX-5That's all come to my mind which are unregistered and around 6.5M. :)

Even though the OP has already bought the vehicles,I would like to suggest some more crossovers belong to this range for future references.

Mitsubishi ASX

VW Tiguan

Audi Q3