• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Paint Color Change

sampathapg

Question

Car model: TOYOTA corolla AE110

Manufactured Year:1998

Current Color: Beige Color

Condition: Some areas corroded and faded

I am going to do a full paint for my vehicle. I would like like change the color to PURE WHITE.

What is the procedure to do this job? What are the legal issues? Will it be a problem for insurance?

Please advise me. Thanks.

19 answers to this question

adding few points to what Davy said, you will also need to pay a visit to RMV in Werahara and measure the weight of the car again, and when they approve it, you will have to revert back to the RMV in narahenpita and submit the approval form.

However in your book of registration, it will be stated that the colour has been changed to WHITE, and the original color also will be still stated in the book.

Sometimes when reselling, some buyers will hesitate to buy it.

@ sampath- i hope that your car colour is pearl metallic(close to beige color)which is most demanded body colour for ae110 crystal light model.

I suggest u to keep the original colour of the car.itz just a friendly advice bro.

Anyways if u want to change the colour. Stick with metallic white

• Like 1

adding few points to what Davy said, you will also need to pay a visit to RMV in Werahara and measure the weight of the car again, and when they approve it, you will have to revert back to the RMV in narahenpita and submit the approval form.

However in your book of registration, it will be stated that the colour has been changed to WHITE, and the original color also will be still stated in the book.

Not some buyers, may be most buyers will hesitate to buy. Even me.

True... recently there was a white presea advertised in the other site... i went to inspect it, still the advertisement is there... the car was in unbelievable condition... that was one of the best preseas i have seen in SL... I was going to bring it home right away until I saw the book... the dude has changed the colour from Silver to White... sigh..

I straight away walked away...

True... recently there was a white presea advertised in the other site... i went to inspect it, still the advertisement is there... the car was in unbelievable condition... that was one of the best preseas i have seen in SL... I was going to bring it home right away until I saw the book... the dude has changed the colour from Silver to White... sigh..

I straight away walked away...

Why is that?

Why is that?

Coz the originality of the car has been changed.

When the originality of the car has been changed, the market goes down.

And one day when you are reselling, once again sometimes you will have to give it away for a lower price than the market price coz buyers hesitate.. (there is a perception in SL people that when a colour is changed, its condemned market)..

This whole re-selling craze is stupid.. Even before yoy buy the car, u think of the day when u sell it.. I personally don't care about resale value/market bullshit. If I like it I buy it.. If you price it right you can sell anything.. preasea you should have gone for it ban..

• Like 3

Coz the originality of the car has been changed.

When the originality of the car has been changed, the market goes down.

And one day when you are reselling, once again sometimes you will have to give it away for a lower price than the market price coz buyers hesitate.. (there is a perception in SL people that when a colour is changed, its condemned market)..

This whole re-selling craze is stupid.. Even before yoy buy the car, u think of the day when u sell it.. I personally don't care about resale value/market bullshit. If I like it I buy it.. If you price it right you can sell anything.. preasea you should have gone for it ban..
  1. Repainting is not like original at least 90%. (But some touch-up is ok for minor accidents)
  2. When repainting, they remove all interior & exterior parts. Fix again after painting. This cause at least minor damages to the parts. I have seen this in several time.
  3. In some cases doing the job without removing parts. They cover parts by masking tapes with news papers and painting. After removing tapes we can see the mess.
  4. After a big accident, they find used body parts in various colors. Fix them and repaint whole car.

So I dont like repainted / color changed car to own.

One day if I'm selling it, the selling intention is to either buy another car or to get that money for an imergency situation.. so whats the point of buying something when I know I will have to sell it for a loss... the car was 1.6 million which is already over the market...

My theory: Never let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner

Ive got bit of a different experience on this. Ive changed the colour of my EG twice and changed it once in the book. They didn't measure the weight of the car and new colour mentioned as original in the new document. Ive sold the car with closed to 5lack gain after 5years of use and Ive told every bit of history to the new owner.

Ive got bit of a different experience on this. Ive changed the colour of my EG twice and changed it once in the book. They didn't measure the weight of the car and new colour mentioned as original in the new document. Ive sold the car with closed to 5lack gain after 5years of use and Ive told every bit of history to the new owner.

You mean in the "colour" field row of the book, your new colour name is mentioned and there is no track of the old car in the book at all?

well, umm, then why do some books state "Colour Changed:White" in the 2nd row of the book where they state as 'book is original'... ?

Since this post is related to car paint, I might as well post my questions regarding a full body paint here...

1. Do they remove the beadings/windscreen when doing a full body paint? and if they do, what if the beadings are a little bit damaged and after they remove the beadings, what if they cannot fit back the beadings or if it gets more damaged due to removing them?

2. I have heard the term "sale paint" where owners do a full body paint just before selling their vehicles which is not costly much...why doesnt everybody go for sale paint in that case? what are the drawbacks?

3. Can't a cut and polish, get that new pain look once cut and polish is done?

Since this post is related to car paint, I might as well post my questions regarding a full body paint here...

1. Do they remove the beadings/windscreen when doing a full body paint? and if they do, what if the beadings are a little bit damaged and after they remove the beadings, what if they cannot fit back the beadings or if it gets more damaged due to removing them?

2. I have heard the term "sale paint" where owners do a full body paint just before selling their vehicles which is not costly much...why doesnt everybody go for sale paint in that case? what are the drawbacks?

3. Can't a cut and polish, get that new pain look once cut and polish is done?

1. Unless the work involves tinkering of the adjoining panels it is not necessary to remove the beadings. Unless absolutely necessary it is not advisable to do so because these parts may have become deteriorated or hardened and may get damaged/deformed during removal and re-installation. Of course your finish would be better if you can remove them and paint but be prepared to replace them if damaged.

2. What they call a "sale paint" is something that is done purely for cosmetic purposes. In some cases, depending on the texture or the color of the paint it is not possible simply to apply a paint coat over it. Also it is not advisable to apply a coating over an already hardened paint. If an auto paint is to last it should be applied over a newly applied primer.

3. Not always. Again depends on the type of the paint. For example if you have a thin clear lacquer coating over a metallic paint, a cut and polish might not work.

• Like 2

1. Unless the work involves tinkering of the adjoining panels it is not necessary to remove the beadings. Unless absolutely necessary it is not advisable to do so because these parts may have become deteriorated or hardened and may get damaged/deformed during removal and re-installation. Of course your finish would be better if you can remove them and paint but be prepared to replace them if damaged.

2. What they call a "sale paint" is something that is done purely for cosmetic purposes. In some cases, depending on the texture or the color of the paint it is not possible simply to apply a paint coat over it. Also it is not advisable to apply a coating over an already hardened paint. If an auto paint is to last it should be applied over a newly applied primer.

3. Not always. Again depends on the type of the paint. For example if you have a thin clear lacquer coating over a metallic paint, a cut and polish might not work.

ahhh great......thanks for the elaborated response Rumesh... :)