• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High-Pressure Car Washer

Nimz77

So bought an el cheapo Innovex 70 Bar pressure washer 'cause I use the washer only for the car and the dealer (not Damro - the friendly neighborhood innovex agent ) offered it for just 10k. 

So what I need to know is do I need a special detergent made for use with pressure washers? My current car washing liquid doesn't foam up at all when I spray it using the pressure washer. Is it because the pressure washer is not a high-powered one? 

Edited by Jor-el

45 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

So bought an el cheapo Innovex 70 Bar pressure washer 'cause I use the washer only for the car and the dealer (not Damro - the friendly neighborhood innovex agent ) offered it for just 10k. 

So what I need to know is do I need a special detergent made for use with pressure washers? My current car washing liquid doesn't foam up at all when I spray it using the pressure washer. Is it because the pressure washer is not a high-powered one? 

I use "3M car wash soap" and that foams up pretty good

6 hours ago, Jor-el said:

You can buy a foaming nozzle attachment that makes it foam up  better or do what I did and buy a hand held bottle with foaming nozzle. I like the hand held bottle better as it doesn't waste soap, its more maneuverable than a  long spray lance and because I don't have to fiddle with attachments on the pressure washer I can wash the car faster and move onto more important things like: Drinking beer.

See below for examples (I'd search a bit as you can probably find them listed for cheaper)

Attachment for the pressure washer:here

And the hand held version I recommend: here

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

You can buy a foaming nozzle attachment that makes it foam up  better or do what I did and buy a hand held bottle with foaming nozzle. I like the hand held bottle better as it doesn't waste soap, its more maneuverable than a  long spray lance and because I don't have to fiddle with attachments on the pressure washer I can wash the car faster and move onto more important things like: Drinking beer.

See below for examples (I'd search a bit as you can probably find them listed for cheaper)

Attachment for the pressure washer:here

And the hand held version I recommend: here

Thanks heaps K! :wub:

22 hours ago, Jor-el said:

Did you buy the one on this page?  http://innovex.lk/other.html It's advertised as 100 Bar though.

If that's the one, could you please PM me your agent's contact? :) I'd like to buy that. Thank you.

On 8/1/2016 at 1:01 PM, Jor-el said:

My Chinese unit doesn't spray detergent at full speed either. You need to reduce the pressure from the gun (i dont know if the INNOVEX one can do this)  and then it forms up,  then you wash it away at full blast. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Stig said:

My Chinese unit doesn't spray detergent at full speed either. You need to reduce the pressure from the gun (i dont know if the INNOVEX one can do this)  and then it forms up,  then you wash it away at full blast. 

@The Stig you have the 100bar "Clear" Pressure Washer rite? Unfortunately that pressure washer doesn't come with a detergent bottle anymore and they have raised the price to 19900. Otherwise I would've bought it. :( Innovex one cant regulate pressure when the detergent bottle is attached. 

Ordered a foam bottle today as @Kavvz suggested. Wanna see how it foams up my Britol car washing liquid... Maybe I'll have to change the detergent brand too.

On 8/1/2016 at 1:01 PM, Jor-el said:

I have the 140 bar (big) unit machan,  I bought it for 19k.  It doesn't have the detergent bottle on the gun,  it's located behind the motor unit. I'll post some photos in the evening. 

The 100 bar was only 12k at that time. 

Note - I cant seem to quote the last reply properly on mobile in the new site. Madz please have a look. 

Edited by The Stig

41 minutes ago, The Stig said:

I have the 140 bar (big) unit machan,  I bought it for 19k.  It doesn't have the detergent bottle on the gun,  it's located behind the motor unit. I'll post some photos in the evening. 

The 100 bar was only 12k at that time. 

Note - I cant seem to quote the last reply properly on mobile in the new site. Madz please have a look. 

Ahh yes what I meant was the lowest pressure rating - (Rated pressure) Innovex one's rated pressure is 70 bar while the allowable pressure is 100bar.

The sales guy didn't have any clue as to where the detergent bottle is - he said the washer no longer comes with a detergent bottle, the moron :angry2:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 11:35 PM, Jor-el said:

@The Stig you have the 100bar "Clear" Pressure Washer rite? Unfortunately that pressure washer doesn't come with a detergent bottle anymore and they have raised the price to 19900. Otherwise I would've bought it. :( Innovex one cant regulate pressure when the detergent bottle is attached. 

Ordered a foam bottle today as @Kavvz suggested. Wanna see how it foams up my Britol car washing liquid... Maybe I'll have to change the detergent brand too.

Did you get the handheld snow foam bottle? If so it should be fine with any brand. I saw a marked improvement; (not as good as the snow foam / foam in the ebay listing, but better than what I get via the pressure washer) and I use a crappy detergent (crappy 'cos it doesn't foam as much as the regular suff) that's mixed in with a liquid wax. Why? Well, 'cos I'm laaaazy of course! :D 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Did you get the handheld snow foam bottle? If so it should be fine with any brand. I saw a marked improvement; (not as good as the snow foam / foam in the ebay listing, but better than what I get via the pressure washer) and I use a crappy detergent (crappy 'cos it doesn't foam as much as the regular suff) that's mixed in with a liquid wax. Why? Well, 'cos I'm laaaazy of course! :D 

Ordered the attachment for the washer, mainly because it comes with a pressure regulator so I hope I can get it to foam up by regulating the pressure as @The Stig said...   If that wont work I'll have to buy a foam bottle. I too use a crappy detergent 'cos it's cheap :D  

12 hours ago, Jor-el said:

Ordered the attachment for the washer, mainly because it comes with a pressure regulator so I hope I can get it to foam up by regulating the pressure as @The Stig said...   If that wont work I'll have to buy a foam bottle. I too use a crappy detergent 'cos it's cheap :D  

I completely forgot to post the images :D

Here you go;

DSC_0512.JPG

DSC_0514.JPG

DSC_0513.JPG

DSC_0510.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

Edited by The Stig

12 hours ago, The Stig said:

I completely forgot to post the images :DHere you go;

Thanks for the pics Stig, It seems the sales guy at the Dinapala Shoppe had no clue as to where the detergent bottle is :( 

Ordered an extension for the Innovex which can regulate pressure with the detergent bottle attached. Tracking shows it left China yesterday, will try and post results when it gets delivered :) 

On 8/13/2016 at 10:32 AM, Jor-el said:

Ordered an extension for the Innovex which can regulate pressure with the detergent bottle attached. Tracking shows it left China yesterday, will try and post results when it gets delivered :) 

What is the problem you're having with the Innovex washer when the detergent bottle is used? I mean what exactly happens when it cannot regulate pressure, does it become unusable or just erratic in the flow?

Edited by vishkid

33 minutes ago, vishkid said:

What is the problem you're having with the Innovex washer when the detergent bottle is used? I mean what exactly happens when it cannot regulate pressure, does it become unusable or just erratic in the flow?

@vishkid the pressure drops considerably and doesn't make foam.

1 hour ago, Jor-el said:

@vishkid the pressure drops considerably and doesn't make foam.

@Jor-el thanks. I will wait for your update on the new attachment to see if it's worthwhile investing in the innovex or bite the bullet and go for something like the k2.

• 9 months later...

Need some information regarding pressure washer repairing places. Because 1 and half years back we bought a washer (a Chinese one i guess) from Ab*ns and worked well through out one year. But after that started to give troubles, just after warranty period is over :( it was working like 5mins perfectly and then pressure of water jet dropped to half with huge vibrations in motor unit. However we managed to used with that condition for another few months and now its totally unusable due to all time low pressure & vibration.

Does anyone know a place where this can be fixed? or any suggestion? Because this was very slightly used like 2 times a month for one car and two bikes. 

• 2 years later...