• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does anyone have any experience with Yokohama Advan Sport Tyres?

I was running size 255/40 R19 Dunlops but I replaced them with Yokohamas in March 2015 and they have already worn out pretty badly. The wheels were regularly aligned and balanced so the wear is even across the tread.

I have run less than 10,500 Kms since swapping the tyres and no one can explain the deterioration. They probably won't last more than another 250-500 Kms. By way of comparison, the Dunlops lasted over 40,000 Kms. The only reason I swapped was because Dunlop didn't have the size in stock.

I have reported the issue to the Yokohama agents and they are "investigating". They are supposed to get back to me with a resolution next week. Internationally, Advan Sport tyres appear to carry a 40,000km/3 year warranty (subject to certain limitations) but the Sri Lankan agents do not mention a similar warranty.

Any similar issues with Yokohama or another tyre brand in the same price bracket?

• Like 1

This tire is Advanced sport A/S tire. This tire has a tread life warranty for 50000 miles (84000 km). But this tire has A/S at the end which implies ultra high performance all season.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=ADVAN+Sport+A%2FS&partnum=54YR9ADSASXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I doubt the Sri Lankan Yokohama agents bring down anything other than the summer tyres since 'all season' and 'winter' tyres would be pointless here. From what I can find online... the Advan Sport summer tyre should last at least 40,000km considering they are intended for high-performance saloons.

I doubt the Sri Lankan Yokohama agents bring down anything other than the summer tyres since 'all season' and 'winter' tyres would be pointless here. From what I can find online... the Advan Sport summer tyre should last at least 40,000km considering they are intended for high-performance saloons.

Yes winter tires are pointless in SL but all seasons are not pointless. Only thing I can think of why agents dont like all season tires are because they last long and they loose business. If you can sacrifice a little bit of cornering stability all season is the best tire for treadlife. After all I dont see axios, allions taking bends at high speeds to get use of summer tire performance. Ultra high performance all seasons have almost all the benefits of a summer tire except the disadvantages of summer tire.

Edited by kchemist

• 4 months later...