• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua Vs Honda Fit Gp5

fizz

Hi guys,

I have an idea in buying either one of the vehicle and i would like your comments of each cars, since I look forward for comfort, fuel efficiency and second market... Kindly help me out which one is of the best at their specification & Features.

Thanks...

Hi guys,

I have an idea in buying either one of the vehicle and i would like your comments of each cars, since I look forward for comfort, fuel efficiency and second market... Kindly help me out which one is of the best at their specification & Features.

Thanks...

Click here and see the available threads with info you need. If something not listed there, ask it here.

Hi guys,

Thanks...

I and my friend have imported Aqua and Fit GP5 same day.

Fuel efficiency - Aqua

Comfort - Fit GP5

Internal space - Fit GP5

Driving pleasure - I prefer Aqua due to smoothness in running and acceleration, but some prefer step changing acceleration in GP5.

Second hand market - can't comment.

Note: Our second hand market is based on several uncertain matters.

1. Popularity - popular cars having high second hand market

2. Affordability - Even Indian alto having the highest second hand market than any car in Sri Lanka.

3. Availability of used spares (kadapu badu) for low price - In that case Toyota having + point.

4. Tax - its always uncertain

i also had the same question like you..but finally i ended up with honda fit gp 5 as my first honda car(early im a toyota lover)

i have to say this to u..if u compare aqua with honda fit gp 5 ..fit is the best option(u cant compare with gp 1,because gp5 technology is better than early gp1 model)

when we talk about fuel consumption my fit is doing 25 -28 kmpl in outstation..i think aqua is also doing the same or may be 1 or 2 km s more than this..

• Like 1

Don't expect driving pleasure, handling, comfort and second hand value etc from those basic hatchback hybrids.. It saves your fuel and equally good for extreme traffic conditions and it takes you where you want to go. That's it. Most of the hybrid vehicles not designed to be comfortable.

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 1

I am not sure about this.....there is some controversy going on regarding dual-clutch system of Gp5. Some say this is a failure. Better if someone can shed more light on this.

I have driven both Aqua and Gp5(more Aqua and less Gp5). What I feel is Gp5 is bit lazy on picking up.

I am not sure about this.....there is some controversy going on regarding dual-clutch system of Gp5. Some say this is a failure. Better if someone can shed more light on this.

I have driven both Aqua and Gp5(more Aqua and less Gp5). What I feel is Gp5 is bit lazy on picking up.

One of the factor for my decision of buying an Aqua is the transmission. I'm not in the view of Honda Dual Cluch Drive (DCD) is a failure. My concern was, its too early to take decision as it was introduced to hybrid at 2012 (however, DCD is not a new technology) plus mechanically its little bit complicated . But Toyota eCVT is mechanically simple (bit complected in software though) and proven by 14 years success.

• Like 1

I was in the same dilemma sometime ago. After i drove both i leaned towards the FIT. It is more of a drivers car. Interior is much better (I find the Aqua's dashboard to be more like a mathematical instrument set), although lost the practicality of the GP1 (Less storage compartments). Dual clutch transmission is silky smooth. Only jerk you get is when the car hits hybrid mode. As far as fuel efficiency i cant say there is any significant improvement on the Aqua in day to day driving. The FIT also features a sport mode. when applied the power is upped a tad higher and accelerates longer on a given gear. Its no subaru but nippy enough in colombo. Only points that i would consider the Aqua is resale value and Toyota reliability. The FIT may be more expensive especially the L and S varients. To me however the extra cash was worth it.

Edited by TheFlyingFox

The GP5 (and Vezel/Grace) also has a hidden feature called centre console roulette. This is because due to the lack of physical buttons, you have no fkn idea what you're pressing, since you can't feel your way around the center console.

• Like 1

The GP5 (and Vezel/Grace) also has a hidden feature called centre console roulette. This is because due to the lack of physical buttons, you have no fkn idea what you're pressing, since you can't feel your way around the center console.

First time heard "centre console roulette".... Googled it. Couldn't found any thing.

First time heard "centre console roulette".... Googled it. Couldn't found any thing.

I came up with it, because the centere console is touch sensitive, thus unless your muscle memory is so good that your finger naturally falls on the correct spot, you have no idea what control you're operating (assuming you want to keep your eyes on the road, which I do).

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 1

I came up with it, because the centere console is touch sensitive, thus unless your muscle memory is so good that your finger naturally falls on the correct spot, you have no idea what control you're operating (assuming you want to keep your eyes on the road, which I do).

Ah.. that's it.

Yes you are correct. Same thing can be observed using touch screen of head unit or smart phone while driving. Unless looking towards the display, 90% doing wrong touch.

Okay...so since everyone is rooting for the Fit...so let me be the "devil's advocate" of sorts here....my Father-in-law bought one in Japan (with every conceivable option he could think of). I do not like it....

..here is the thing though...

The Aqua does have a nice and nimble chassis/frame. When you start driving it, it inspires you to chuck it in to corners and you do get a nice feeling of the front tucking in and the back coming along and with little body roll. In fact with the test Fit I had sometime back I recall the Fit having a lot more body roll.

However, everything kind of stops there with driver enjoyment. The steering is WAY too light which makes it quite vague (then again I guess 99% of drivers actually care a r@t$ @55 about it). Also..the steering is quite slow (yes I said slow....remember that chucking in I told you about ? Yeah..don't do it till you are familiar with the car and are used to controlling the car)......then the ride..well it is nothing to write home about. It is neither good nor bad (for a small hatch ....granted this is in japan with roads softer than some mattresses in SL). Test drove a G Sport variant sometime back (in fact that was the only Aqua I had driven until my FIL got his car). The G'sport has stiffer suspension and I recall that being just harder and stiffer and having driven my FIL's normal one the GSport doesn't seem to add much to the dynamics of the car apart from the hardness and stiffness.

So..yeah...the Fit is a nicer overall car to drive and use but IMO the Aqua is not that bad either (if you can overlook the steering that is as exciting as a cold cucumber with ice cubes)

Also, my uncle-in-law bought a Demio diesel..now that...although was a diesel was actually nice and zoomy :) Too bad those things are rare over here (at least for now)

• Like 1

So, am I to assume that mine was an isolated case as none has experienced it.

I use an Aqua and wonder whether anyone else too has felt this way.

The Front door beam is giving me a big Blind spot especially taking bends on narrow roads.

(Used to drive a Nissan AD WAGON before).

No... no..... its not isolated to you.

Every one who driving Aqua experiencing this. Not only aqua, Vits (KSP90 & SCP90) having same drawback. Not only in right turn, Its too risky at level crossing when pedestrians crossing from our right to left.

It's not isolated case. Not only Aqua..Prius 2nd generation was giving the same problem for me..But I think that's subjective. I felt that way but my friends didn't.

Oh I would recommend the Aqua as well. The firmware has been updated for 2015 and transitions between ICE and electric are even smoother, plus it has all the Safety Sense C goodies as well. The only downside is lack of cruise control. I don't know if retrofitting it is possible with Aqua as it is with the Prius C.

Edited by terrabytetango

No... no..... its not isolated to you.

Every one who driving Aqua experiencing this. Not only aqua, Vits (KSP90 & SCP90) having same drawback. Not only in right turn, Its too risky at level crossing when pedestrians crossing from our right to left.

all new vehicles have thick A pillars, I read somewhere its due to some safety reasons. I sometimes take a quick peak through the side glass of Hiace when taking a big bend

• Like 1

all new vehicles have thick A pillars, I read somewhere its due to some safety reasons. I sometimes take a quick peak through the side glass of Hiace when taking a big bend

This is true. Even axio has this issue. Once I almost knocked down a pedestrian who was crossing the road from right to left. It's better to pay extra attention like Magnum said.

• Like 2