• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Engine Oil?????????????!

ozzie

Question

Hi Guys and Girls

I have a question and general as it is.

I have an Honda Fit Gp5, 1500 engine?

My last service was in June this year, and I have only run 2,000KM since this is my second vehicle and run only twice/thrice a week.

The service center had put 0W20 from Havoline, and wondering if that's indeed good, and they told me I can run up to 5,000 KM, but I should change it every 6 months, what's your input, and how do you manage to get around your Oil Change/Maintenance procedures, is it really necessary to change it at these intervals, can you drive it maybe a bit more, Thanks again.

Not necessary, Preference of auto over Manual is no longer a case of Masculinity Vs Femininity. Its the reality of our times with time spent hours stuck in traffic. I'd rather be stuck in an Auto car in morning traffic than in a manual.

• Like 2

@gayanath- Manual car is always better than auto car.the whole reason why auto being popular here is Lady drivers prefer auto cars.so does some males who doesn't know how to drive manual.

And marketing.

Uhhh...no....most mainstream cars don't even come in manual form anymore. Like VVTi said It is not about gender at all ! but more about practicality...more time stuck in traffic and also the fact that with modern tech the car can be more economical and even give better performance with an auto box (and do the gear shifting by itself) than leave the shifting to an irrational human being.

@gayanath- Manual car is always better than auto car.the whole reason why auto being popular here is Lady drivers prefer auto cars.so does some males who doesn't know how to drive manual.

And marketing.

Both VVTi & iRage clarified your comment well. So not going to bother you again.

For what ever the reason, you too riding a Prius (auto) ne ???

so what do i do????

When should I do my next oil change, did my last oil change june 2015 and I put havoline ow20, said 6 months or 5000KM? I did 2000KM since June. Any ideas? can you postpone the next oil change? etc.

Thanks for ur wonderful replies which I don't understand.

so what do i do????

When should I do my next oil change, did my last oil change june 2015 and I put havoline ow20, said 6 months or 5000KM? I did 2000KM since June. Any ideas? can you postpone the next oil change? etc.

Thanks for ur wonderful replies which I don't understand.

I think you may change the oil even though you haven't run 5000 kms as it has been six months since you last oil change. Do you think you have made a wise decision to buy a hybrid when you can't even run 5000 kms in 6 months? Hope you understood what i meant.

And marketing.

That is a highly sexist post. My dad prefers auto because his legs aren't what it used to be. I have a disabled friend who can only drive auto. All new Ferraris and Lamborghinis are auto, as are 90% super cars that are coming out. Porsche's GT3 is auto from the 991 onwards. And before anyone begins explaining to me that they're automated manuals etc etc, heed this; if the car can shift gears for you, it's an auto.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 2

And marketing.

If you still think so, see how many Maruti800s and Altos in the road and how percentage of them are driven by ladies. And mind that all of them are manuals....