• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Engine Oil?????????????!

ozzie

Question

Hi Guys and Girls

I have a question and general as it is.

I have an Honda Fit Gp5, 1500 engine?

My last service was in June this year, and I have only run 2,000KM since this is my second vehicle and run only twice/thrice a week.

The service center had put 0W20 from Havoline, and wondering if that's indeed good, and they told me I can run up to 5,000 KM, but I should change it every 6 months, what's your input, and how do you manage to get around your Oil Change/Maintenance procedures, is it really necessary to change it at these intervals, can you drive it maybe a bit more, Thanks again.

The service center had put 0W20 from Havoline,

I wonder why you went to a service center rather than agent at least for your first 10 services. I think there has to be more to test and check than oil changes when it comes to Hybrids. (Correct me if I am wrong pls)

The best thing is to register your car at Stafford first and schedule maintenance plan with them. This will save you lot of money & time for sure. (Services may charge a bit more than so called "Service Stations" but at least the car is treated well)

Also you better read how a Hybrid car should be maintained. There are many articles on web too.

• Like 1

Hi peeps

I like my question marks, thank you very much, exclamation marks are for your attention only.

Anyhow, Stafford Vs Auto Miraj, there isn't any difference right?!

And why isn't anyone answering my question.

So lets say you put ow20 Havoline, and they say you can run up to 5000KM, do some people run more than 5000KM, and is it an necessitate even if you don't run up to 5000, that you change the oil every 6 months, whats your input Please?!

Hi peeps

I like my question marks, thank you very much, exclamation marks are for your attention only.

So lets say you put ow20 Havoline, and they say you can run up to 5000KM, do some people run more than 5000KM, and is it an necessitate even if you don't run up to 5000, that you change the oil every 6 months, whats your input Please?!

Ask Stafford

• Like 2

Hi peeps

1. One is the agent the for the brand as appointed by the people who manufactures the brand and follows a localized maintenance process that has been advised by..again...the people who manufacture the brand...the other is just a large local service station who goes by what they pick up and know as they go along.
What do you think ?
2. Search the forum...discussed to death....
and since you are being somewhat rude...allow me to be so as well. Are you sure you know what the h*** you are asking ????????????! This together with my answer to (2) should make you realize why no one is seriously answering your question
  • Like 1

First of all, your statement about Stafford being same as Auto Miraj can be extended to say Stafford and Auto Miraj is same as Wela Langa Saima's Three Wheel service centre... You obviously know its not true. You asked this stupid question earlier. Many, including myself, replied and again you are asking the same question...

Just because Auto Miraj has big buildings doesn't mean they are good. They are monkeys. They ruined the gearbox of my Cerato by pouring in CVT oil instead of normal auto gear oil. The irony is Auto Miraj is KIA authorized service center!!!! (more exclamation marks for you)...

Secondly, just because some thel hinganna baboon is running his car for 10,000km without changing oil, you don't have to, unless you are a thel hinganna baboon yourself.

Finally, if you don't know much about cars, just follow your agent's advice. That's the best advice we can give you.

• Like 9

If I asked Stafford now, I wouldn't ask anyone else right?!

Your excused Sir from answering my question, next person please?!

Dont know, you sound like a very smart person who keeps asking same question expecting different answers each time.

if you dont know answer to basic question of vehicle ownership, i suggest you use public transport. if you are bored in bus, ask bus driver his oil change habits.

Edited by Aquaman

Thank you for everyone's comments.

I know this had been discussed before.

But what I am asking is a tad different.

Stafford maybe super in service, but is Auto Miraj that bad? how come they sustain there business for so long if they are so bad.

My next question is about the engine oil, engine oil for 0w20 is 5000KM or every 6 months, can you prolong to change your engine oil maybe slightly late, perhaps say 8 months? I don't run very much, perhaps 2000-3000KM every 3-4 months, what's your personal advice, on changing the engine oil and services rendered?

Thank you soooo much.

Stafford maybe super in service, but is Auto Miraj that bad? how come they sustain there business for so long if they are so bad.

My next question is about the engine oil, engine oil for 0w20 is 5000KM or every 6 months, can you prolong to change your engine oil maybe slightly late, perhaps say 8 months? I don't run very much, perhaps 2000-3000KM every 3-4 months, what's your personal advice, on changing the engine oil and services rendered?

Thank you soooo much.

Dear friend,

If you run that amount you are likely to cover around 5K in 6 months!!!! So change accordingly!!!!!!!!!

BTW why did you buy a hybrid if you are running occasionally?????? You may ruin your battery sooooon!!!!!!

And you can buy a car for millions, but greedy on few thousands!!!!! weird!!!!!!!

Another option, use a taxi or rent a car!!!!!!!

• Like 4

BTW why did you buy a hybrid if you are running occasionally?

Good question. We all expect a valid reason from him. :mosking:

And you can buy a car for millions, but greedy on few thousands!!!!! weird!!!!!!!

These kind of treatments from a first owner cause problems not only to the car but also to owners after him. Better to avoid buying if the maintenance is problematic.

Edited by Nishan.dj

Thank you soooo much.

You sound like a real KUNA... :) Typical Hybrid owner

• Like 1

The answer this person is EXPECTING is very simple...

1. Auto Miraj is good. They are as good as Stafford. All the estate boys who work there are fully trained in Japan...

2. Since you don't use the car frequently, you can change oil maybe once a year or once in two years... its perfectly alright...

Now you got the answer you want. So and have a thosai and a plain tea to celebrate....

Disclaimer: the above advice is intended ONLY for Ozzie and no one else...

• Like 7

The answer this person is EXPECTING is very simple...

1. Auto Miraj is good. They are as good as Stafford. All the estate boys who work there are fully trained in Japan...

2. Since you don't use the car frequently, you can change oil maybe once a year or once in two years... its perfectly alright...

Now you got the answer you want. So and have a thosai and a plain tea to celebrate....

Disclaimer: the above advice is intended ONLY for Ozzie and no one else...

Excellent :sport-smiley-004:

You closed the thread.

Edited by Nishan.dj

When some one ask a question, why the hell the others giving lots of "pora talks" without answering his question. Although some questions deeply discussed previously, anyone should have the chance to ask again if he feels it slightly difference or if he have no enough time to refer all threads. If not, why the hell using forums, he can google and search the answer for any quarry without post his question here as more or less all the technical stuffs are on internet. If you are not willing to answer, keep silence. Others will do it. Always, be honor to others too.

Criticisms are expected and accepted.

Will move to the questions.

1. This is the thumb rule. Typical mineral oils should be changed on or before 6 months considering the deterioration of quality of the oil due to exposing the atmosphere, added numerous chemical reactors while circulating in the engine, exposing the temperature differences, etc. Therefore, this is more important than millage factor. So, please change at 6 months. As you are running less, don't use synthetic oils. It's not cost effective for you.

2. I always prefer to avoid agents due to unnecessary cost. I haven't any experience with S****d, but having with T**L. They only focus on the money and not the technically sound service. They, just giving advises which some are not recommended by manufacture too and at least having no any technical reason or document. When I request a document, they told they haven't. Actually, they have failed to prove their (some) recommendations. For me, actually need the facilities of the service station (tools, hoists, etc.) only. I am competent to manage technical part for preventive maintenance until any repair needed. But in your case, as I think, both A**T M**G and S**D neither worst nor the best. As you have no much idea about oils and other consumables, just go to agents for first 2-3 services and always try to talk with those people as much as possible and ask lots of questions. Be familiar with typical service matters. Then you could do your service at any place as you wish if you are a good reader/researcher. Knowledge is freely available at present.

Edited by gayanath
  • Like 2

When some one ask a question, why the hell the others giving lots of "pora talks" without answering his question. Although some questions deeply discussed previously, anyone should have the chance to ask again if he feels it slightly difference or if he have no enough time to refer all threads. If not, why the hell using forums, he can google and search the answer for any quarry without post his question here as more or less all the technical stuffs are on internet. If you are not willing to answer, keep silence. Others will do it. Always, be honor to others too.

Criticisms are expected and accepted.

Will move to the questions.

1. This is the thumb rule. Typical mineral oils should be changed on or before 6 months considering the deterioration of quality of the oil due to exposing the atmosphere, added numerous chemical reactors while circulating in the engine, exposing the temperature differences, etc. Therefore, this is more important than millage factor. So, please change at 6 months. As you are running less, don't use synthetic oils. It's not cost effective for you.

YOU SAID THAT ?? WOW ! I was expecting you to say it is okay to run up to 10,000km and that the manufacturers and their agents are lying to us because they want to make more money :) IT IS A CONSPIRACY DAMN IT ! YOU NEVER HAVE TO CHANGE OIL ! (by the way..GM said that in the 90s...none of those cars lasted more than a few years) You have changed your tone :D

As or your other comment....helping people is always good. It is a part of being a decent human being. However, don't you think it is unfair and disrespectful for someone to think/feel that they are too busy or can't be bothered to do a google search or look up old threads and it would be just easier to just ask someone here to answer the same question they have already answered in a different thread for the 100th time ? Don't forget no one here get paid to provide advice....it is purely voluntary and we all do it for the love of cars (I love that show by the way....can't wait for the next season). If you look at old posts...those who actually did their homework and still couldn't find an answer to their question almost always ask their question in a different manner and they get helped.

In a rather convoluted manner his question was answered....but seems like he didn't like it (I too believe what he wanted to hear was what Crosswinds said).

YOU SAID THAT ?? WOW ! I was expecting you to say it is okay to run up to 10,000km and that the manufacturers and their agents are lying to us because they want to make more money :) IT IS A CONSPIRACY DAMN IT ! YOU NEVER HAVE TO CHANGE OIL ! (by the way..GM said that in the 90s...none of those cars lasted more than a few years) You have changed your tone :D

I said it regarding the time factor as he is doing very low millage per month. Otherwise, if he was a frequent runner at least more than 2000 km per month, sure I will recommend him higher millage interval (at least 8000 km) [subjected to the origin of the oil] knowing majority of AL users are criticizing it.

As I remember , at end 90's to mid 2000, all were criticizing automatic cars and prefer manual cars. Price of auto car was comparatively low with same category manual car. But what happened now? While the technology is advancing and popular, mindsets are changing too.

Same criticism can be observed for Hybrids and EV's now. Likewise, same scenario applies to other technological matters too. But when it familiar, people will follow it.

Edited by gayanath