• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I have a Corolla CE110 Diesel car. and i need to change the T-belt now because i haven't change it since i bought. Any one can advice on the cost of it and place to buy the belt near kottawa.

I can't advice you on the area and cost as I am not from your locality, but I do strongly recommend you get it done via a professional / well experienced mechanic / garage and use only the Genuine belt for replacement, had a very bad experience on a 2C (Noah) back in 2001 where the car sale swapped a non oem belt which snapped during a climb, that engine was never the same thereafter, dumped it after one year for a new one.

As tiv said don't worry about the money side when it come to the cam belt and check for a experience mechanic, and make sure you use the correct parts specially the T belt (Go to Toyota Dealer) if possible and please change the water pump at the same time.

regards

JC

In addition to the water pump as JC has advised above check the condition of the tensioner (idler) pulley of the timing belt mechanism and change it. Also make a note of the date and the mileage on the T-belt cover when you change the T-belt .

When you ask for the "kit" i think it's come with all the tensioners, oil seals, idler (if any) and the belt, some include the water pump to the kit but some not but anyway its better change all at once so you don't need to worry for next 100k

P.S. Please use Toyota long last coolant if you are not too much worry about the extra $$ as it does a good job than the other brands

regards

JC

• Like 1

One more thing, How sure are you of your car's current mileage? as our cars have a thing where they " reduce their mileage when sold" Toyota recommends 100,000 Km or 6 years for their t-belts.