• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Support Video File Formats On Toyota Player

dhanuFB15

Dear Friends.

Recently i brought Allion 240. It has toyota player that support USB,DVD. But i try to play video file from usb (File type is MP4) it said not support.Then i converted it to WMA and same again.

Please let me know which video file types that support default toyota player.

Ur answers are highly appreciate

Is your player original Japanese one? It will not play Videos from USB. (any kind of format. I have tried Honda/Toyota players) Original Japanese DVD players with USB support only play DVD Video disk only (you have to convert your videos to DVD Video Disc (which are playable in home DVD players) USB support only for .mp3 music files. Chinese car DVD players play USB movies but have convert video clips to .mpg format (Most of the players) some Chinese players will play .mp4 as they don't have standard for their technology.

Is your player original Japanese one? It will not play Videos from USB. (any kind of format. I have tried Honda/Toyota players) Original Japanese DVD players with USB support only play DVD Video disk only (you have to convert your videos to DVD Video Disc (which are playable in home DVD players) USB support only for .mp3 music files. Chinese car DVD players play USB movies but have convert video clips to .mpg format (Most of the players) some Chinese players will play .mp4 as they don't have standard for their technology.

Thanks friend .Actually i dont know it's original toyota or Chinese one. When power displayed toyota logo . i got remote as well. anyway first i will convert it to mpg. and then try to convert as dvd player able vob.

Another clarification is that support play vob directly or DVD player campanile files need?

.vob files never play directly on DVD player. so car DVD also need full standard DVD Video disc. (you can convert and burn it through Nero Vision, Ulead, cyberlink power Director kind applications). Most of Chinese DVD players can show any major car bands as logo. so i think yours is Chinese one( Original Japanese ones has only Japanese language) if yours Chinese one .mpg files definitely play in your player. remember that when converting to .mpg choose low resolution option (as 352 x 240) MPEG1 (not MPEG2) otherwise high resolution .mpg will not play.

Hey,

At last you've changed your mind to go for an allion eh...??

Can you remember what I said in your previous thread...? To go for an allion over Vios? Anyhow you've extended your budget ne?

Anyway Good luck..........!!!

I also faced that problem. Only thing I did was, removed the chinese crap and replaced a Kenwood player :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by SAB

.vob files never play directly on DVD player. so car DVD also need full standard DVD Video disc. (you can convert and burn it through Nero Vision, Ulead, cyberlink power Director kind applications). Most of Chinese DVD players can show any major car bands as logo. so i think yours is Chinese one( Original Japanese ones has only Japanese language) if yours Chinese one .mpg files definitely play in your player. remember that when converting to .mpg choose low resolution option (as 352 x 240) MPEG1 (not MPEG2) otherwise high resolution .mpg will not play.

Thanks My Friend...i put vob file and played it on Player. it's play but with slow motion. Some time due writing speed higher than maximum reading. anyway i will try to convert to mpeg. Thanks again for valueble information

Hey,

At last you've changed your mind to go for an allion eh...??

Can you remember what I said in your previous thread...? To go for an allion over Vios? Anyhow you've extended your budget ne?

Anyway Good luck..........!!!

I also faced that problem. Only thing I did was, removed the chinese crap and replaced a Kenwood player :sport-smiley-004:

HA..HA..u remember ne..?? Anyway i expand my budget when after drive to VIOSs. It's not compatible as my previous FB15. so

i m not happy to purchase vios. so i try to 121, but it's over price and finally stop at allion

Anyway thanks for valuable input of u all at Auto lanka

Edited by dhanuFB15
  • Like 1

Just to be clear just because the toyota logo appears doesn't mean that it's the Toyota factory fitted unit. Many after market brands such as pioneer, Kenwood and even chinese junk can display vehicle logos. It only need to be uploaded to the head unit.

Only way to know is to visually compare the unit with a factory unit (or to a take the unit out and check markings and serial) . If it is a factor unit you can find the spec for supported file formats. If it's an after market unit again the same story

Edited by The Stig

Just to be clear just because the toyota logo appears doesn't mean that it's the Toyota factory fitted unit. Many after market brands such as pioneer, Kenwood and even chinese junk can display vehicle logos. It only need to be uploaded to the head unit.

Only way to know is to visually compare the unit with a factory unit (or to a take the unit out and check markings and serial) . If it is a factor unit you can find the spec for supported file formats. If it's an after market unit again the same story

May be friend,it's not genuine toyota player. anyway according to my obsevations it support vob and mpeg only

Mine is the same. I'm currently looking for an Android head unit to replace the Chinese crap the dealer installed in my car. Buy a new head unit when you can. You will not regret it.

Good idea Friends...What are the findings.?please send me link as well ,,,

Thanks friend as you said mpg and vob are working without issue.....thanks for helping

• 1 year later...

hello.i bought a car toyota axio.it have a dvd player but havent usb function.so i entered a dvd to its dvd port but it not working.there are two ports witch dvd and cd.cd s are normally working.but it not working dvds.what shall i do now.also it not working tv.i need to play visual dvds.is there a way to that.plz give me a answer for my problem.answer is highly appreciate.thank you friends 

4 hours ago, nipunalahiru said:

hello.i bought a car toyota axio.it have a dvd player but havent usb function.so i entered a dvd to its dvd port but it not working.there are two ports witch dvd and cd.cd s are normally working.but it not working dvds.what shall i do now.also it not working tv.i need to play visual dvds.is there a way to that.plz give me a answer for my problem.answer is highly appreciate.thank you friends 

You inserted a DVD disk and it didnt work? Some DVDs dont work on Japanese set ups or they take a long time to read, but it will work fine on your computer. This is normal.

On 26/01/2017 at 8:07 PM, nipunalahiru said:

Does your DVD player says "DVD Navigation"? Then other DVDs won't work unless it's a Navigation DVD.

In the case of TV, yes it's never clear. You might have to live with that.

• 4 years later...