• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Flexible Radiator Hose Or Molded Hose For Mitsubishi 4G12 Engine

GAPAUTO

Question

Hi Guys,

Today morning my lower radiator hose just cracked while the engine was running. Luckly i was at home and just after starting the engine. I did some quick checks around Kadawatha to find one, but seems since my car (Lancer Wagon) 4G12 engine is more than 30 years old they don't have them. Any known places in Panchika Watta to buy this ? Or any one knows a place where i can buy a flexible radiator hose as shown in below picture

mvhX-ELfT2viopBcRO8sIuQ.jpg

This seems to be alternative for old engines with lack of molded hose which comes with the engine. And even if i find a molded one probably it won't be a brand new i guess, but going for brand new flexible hose might be a good idea as i though.

GAP

4 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

Today morning my lower radiator hose just cracked while the engine was running. Luckly i was at home and just after starting the engine. I did some quick checks around Kadawatha to find one, but seems since my car (Lancer Wagon) 4G12 engine is more than 30 years old they don't have them. Any known places in Panchika Watta to buy this ? Or any one knows a place where i can buy a flexible radiator hose as shown in below picture

mvhX-ELfT2viopBcRO8sIuQ.jpg

This seems to be alternative for old engines with lack of molded hose which comes with the engine. And even if i find a molded one probably it won't be a brand new i guess, but going for brand new flexible hose might be a good idea as i though.

GAP

try to get the moulded one, i'm sure you can find it in panchi,

If you are buying universal, go for a branded one.

• Like 1

I had a similar issue with the lower radiator hose. Couldn't find one locally since even Unimo didn't have it. So out of desperation, got one moulded. Unusable, that one.

So went on partsouq.com and bought an original hose. Shipping took only 24 hours. I kid you not. A bit pricier, obviuosly. But it works and works well.

• Like 1

I had a similar issue with the lower radiator hose. Couldn't find one locally since even Unimo didn't have it. So out of desperation, got one moulded. Unusable, that one.

So went on partsouq.com and bought an original hose. Shipping took only 24 hours. I kid you not. A bit pricier, obviuosly. But it works and works well.

It seem they only support new models :), mine is a 1978 Wagon version :)

try to get the moulded one, i'm sure you can find it in panchi,

If you are buying universal, go for a branded one.

You are probably right , just called Radiator House and they even don't have the universal (flexible) once available. But they claim that the moulded ones are avaiable for this 1978 Wagon model in panchi as you said, and even they might also have so i'l just check on them. I wonder how engine moders (racing mods) find the universal stuff or may be they import directly i guess. To bad our spare part shop owners are not up to date with the parts available in the world :(