• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Thel Higana Edition (Or My Take On An Axio Hybrid)

terrabytetango

I have heard its not healthy for the car to drive it in EV mode most of the time cuz it puts more strain on the hybrid battery, I'm not sure how true this is

and those Modellista accessories you are planning to get, are they from Japan or Taiwan?

Nice review, The Leaf too has that brake dive, I must mention

To be frank I kinda think they made the axio look better than the pre face lift edition, and with your colour, it must be looking good.

Only thing I find annoying is the tiny wheels they come stock with, would look much better with a decent rim size

And I guess u have fogs OEM, coz that bumper looks weird with the blinds / inserts otherwise

Edited by tiv

They HV battery has quite a few safety barriers, the least of which not being the fact that the battery is never allowed to discharge below 40% nor charge over 80%. The cells need regular cycling to maintain their health, which means regular discharges are a must. The car itself never charges the battery beyond 40%, the remainder, up to 60% is done through motor regeneration (coasting/braking). the remaining 20% is a buffer for when climbing down steep inclines. I have yet to fill this bit.

The Modellista bits I'm planning on getting from Japan, I wasn't aware I could get them from Taiwan.

To be frank I kinda think they made the axio look better than the pre face lift edition, and with your colour, it must be looking good.

Only thing I find annoying is the tiny wheels they come stock with, would look much better with a decent rim size

And I guess u have fogs OEM, coz that bumper looks weird with the blinds / inserts otherwise

This is the only picture I have of the front. I'll take a couple more to post once I'm at the flying field tomorrow.

2yy3tw9.jpg

• Like 1

Slightly OT About the bells and whistles part..

for everyones knowladge. you can identify a Aqua or a Axio with LED heads by the color of the headlights

if it has a Black casting its LED if its a Chorme casing its Halogen.

Halogen Headlight

toyota_corolla_55555667889.jpg

LED Headlight

042_o.jpg

• Like 1

The Axio headlights are all chrome, there is no smoked option. I checked out both models, but the LED one was sold by the time I got funding sorted out. The LED headlights' projector is slightly hexagonal in shape, smaller, and missing the headlamp reflector, which the halogen headlights have (projector dipped lights, reflector main beams).

Edited by terrabytetango

The Axio headlights are all chrome, there is no smoked option. I checked out both models, but the LED one was sold by the time I got funding sorted out. The LED headlights' projector is slightly hexagonal in shape, smaller, and missing the headlamp reflector, which the halogen headlights have (projector dipped lights, reflector main beams).

almost all LED axio's i have come across has that black inner casing (not a smoke) same goes for the Aqua

and yes the LED bulbs projector is Hexagonal

kCTqOZa.jpg

Edit -

Halogen: 45X9yoF.jpg

LED: 2x7xlkR.jpg

Edited by Schiffer

They HV battery has quite a few safety barriers, the least of which not being the fact that the battery is never allowed to discharge below 40% nor charge over 80%. The cells need regular cycling to maintain their health, which means regular discharges are a must. The car itself never charges the battery beyond 40%, the remainder, up to 60% is done through motor regeneration (coasting/braking). the remaining 20% is a buffer for when climbing down steep inclines. I have yet to fill this bit.

The Modellista bits I'm planning on getting from Japan, I wasn't aware I could get them from Taiwan.

My friend wanted a front lip like I have on my Hiace which is from Modellista(Japan), we looked around in shops and all of them had the Taiwan made one only. It's much cheaper than the original Japan made one but of course the quality wasn't the same but it's not immediately noticeable apart from the fact that the Modellista emblem is missing. I'm not sure if there are Taiwan made ones for Axio.

This is the only picture I have of the front. I'll take a couple more to post once I'm at the flying field tomorrow.

2yy3tw9.jpg

Looks your car has those chrome linings added on the bumper grill.

The brake dive is a result of soft suspension on most jap cars. I recon there is plenty of body roll as well

My friend wanted a front lip like I have on my Hiace which is from Modellista(Japan), we looked around in shops and all of them had the Taiwan made one only. It's much cheaper than the original Japan made one but of course the quality wasn't the same but it's not immediately noticeable apart from the fact that the Modellista emblem is missing. I'm not sure if there are Taiwan made ones for Axio.

Looks your car has those chrome linings added on the bumper grill.

They're actually matte silver. I wish they were chrome though, because then they'd align with the grille so well, but the silver too has great contrast with the darker body colour. If you're up to it, let's team up and order the Modellista parts together. I'm planning on getting the alternate grille, mirror garnishes and the door mouldings initially.

almost all LED axio's i have come across has that black inner casing (not a smoke) same goes for the Aqua

kCTqOZa.jpg

Edit -

I never noticed this with the LED Axio I took a look at. Perhaps the reflections from the lens made it appear less apparent. Or maybe I was just too upset at having missed out on the deal by a matter of hours.

The brake dive is a result of soft suspension on most jap cars. I recon there is plenty of body roll as well

Yea I guess, the leaf suspension atleast in mine ain't that soft (17" rims) and there s near zero body roll,

thats why that brake dive hits you like a train all of a sudden!

kCTqOZa.jpg

Edit -

Been doing a few night commutes (12-20km) lately

and To be frank I absolutely hate the LED lighting on the leaf now, its mostly too bright, pissing off the oncoming, causing glare all over

and that atrocious blue hue, somewhere in between 7000-8000K (definitely not 6000K) doesn't do it for me,

Also as the lights are on top of the hood, it shoots the thing far and high, at the oncoming

and fails to clearly illuminate nearby stuff such as stones and potholes, they are adjustable, but this is at the lowest setting.

By some luck it has halogens for fogs, which turn on time to time when I can't bear it anymore.

This does fix the issue, but I don't want to keep them on like those noobs we see with all lights on nowadays

High end halogens and OEM Hids are far better on the eyes, in my other cars,

I've noticed the Toyota Leds have a warmer colour

Edited by tiv

2yy3tw9.jpg

and thats a good looking car! congrats

• Like 1

I never noticed this with the LED Axio I took a look at. Perhaps the reflections from the lens made it appear less apparent. Or maybe I was just too upset at having missed out on the deal by a matter of hours.

Lol, its a small difference, but the easiest way to find out whether it has factory fitted LED's

Also i HATE saying this..

At least the Brown Version. the looks are starting to grow on me. Also a fan of the side mirrors mounted to the door

Edited by Schiffer

They're actually matte silver. I wish they were chrome though, because then they'd align with the grille so well, but the silver too has great contrast with the darker body colour. If you're up to it, let's team up and order the Modellista parts together. I'm planning on getting the alternate grille, mirror garnishes and the door mouldings initially.

Is that silver grill optional?

My Hiace already has the Modellista lip, its my friend who wants one.

Is that silver grill optional?

My Hiace already has the Modellista lip, its my friend who wants one.

The silver cow catcher bumper grille is optional from Toyota itself. Modellista has a differently styled upper grille which comes in two colours. The car on the left has all the bits I need with the exception of the wheels; those are on the white one.

carlineup_corollaaxio_customize_modellis

Edited by terrabytetango

Nice to see all these first hand reviews on the forum. Love reading 'em!

The steering being super light was also seen from the 141 Corolla if I'm not mistaken. The first time I drove one (maybe in 2011 or so), I was truly surprised of how light that steering was. I personally like to feel the road through the steering a bit though. :)

Nice to see all these first hand reviews on the forum. Love reading 'em!

The steering being super light was also seen from the 141 Corolla if I'm not mistaken. The first time I drove one (maybe in 2011 or so), I was truly surprised of how light that steering was. I personally like to feel the road through the steering a bit though. :)

Yep, Same with 260 Premios and Allions, count me in too, hate that empty feeling when driving EPS equipped cars, feels bit disconnected.

Whats that auto button?

Auto high beam?

[img=http://picture1.goo-net.com/080/0800022/J/0800022A30151109W00218.jpg]

Yes, it works only when the road is dark. Quite useful when drivint out of town on B roads.