• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aqua Fuel Efficency

Hushaard

Question

Hi Guys,

to start off Im no eprert a noob if you may, I got a 2012 Aqua in Feb and Im not too impressed with the fuel consumption. in traffic I get about 10-12 Kmpl, I get 20-24 Kmpl on the highway, but if I switch off the AC it then goes up to 26-28Kmpl

is this normal? is there something I need to get checked? am I wasting everyones time?

Hush

23 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

to start off Im no eprert a noob if you may, I got a 2012 Aqua in Feb and Im not too impressed with the fuel consumption. in traffic I get about 10-12 Kmpl, I get 20-24 Kmpl on the highway, but if I switch off the AC it then goes up to 26-28Kmpl

is this normal? is there something I need to get checked? am I wasting everyones time?

Hush

Aren't these fugues normal?

I suggest you to check the AC System from the agent or whoever an expert on Aqua (Lack of Gas or problems of AC System related to components or so may consume more power due to continues use of compressor )

Hi Guys,

Hush

Something is seriously wrong with your freaking car. Sell it and buy a normal car. For the money you spent on that hunk of junk, you should be getting your money's worth. Your are obviously not. There is NO WAY you can get 12 in he city and 24 in the Highway. Check your fux capacitor and see it if its giving out 500mV.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 3

Hi Guys,

Hush

my wife has an aqua 2014

it does 12-14 km/l in city ( city means within the colombo city, from kirulapana to borella),

few occasions it went below 10 km/l even - depending on the traffic conditions

many people boast about their city fuel figures, but what they claim city is not actual city

Eg : from homagama or piliyandala to colombo, they have a considerable distance to travel without heavy traffic, so their figures higher

so I feel your car is completely normal

do not expect miracles from hybrids

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 3

Hi Guys,

Hush

What did you expect your Aqua fuel figures to be? More than 20 kmpl in the city?? This is the more realistic fuel figure in the city I think. My wife use the same model Aqua 2012 G grade and using around Kurunegala city (Comparably much lesser traffic condition than Colombo) still gets 11-13 kmpl. But in outstation it does around 28-30 kmpl sometimes If the contribution from the EV mode is higher. I think nothing wrong with your car. I always think that my Allion 260 does better on fuel considering overall average.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, your help is much appreciated. Guess this is normal, I meant Parliment road hen I said "City" so thats as bad as it gets. but realistically this car brought down my furl expence from 25K a month to less than 15K so there is a real time differance in using the aqua. I was just worried when commparing to what people say "I SHOULD" get from the aqua

• Like 1

I am driving 2013 Aqua. It does 16-18km in somewhat heavy traffic. (Anyway it all depends on how you drive) In heavy traffic it might go lower. So I think your figures may be right. Comparing to my old car(Toyota EE101, 1300cc) I also save significant amount of money.

Edited by rija
  • Like 1

Strange. My Axio Hybrid, which has thee same drive train as the Aqua, easily does 18 from the J'Apura Hospital to Borella, and back again. And this is with the typical 'kata kapala' traffic. And I mostly drive the car like I stole it.

• Like 2

Strange. My Axio Hybrid, which has thee same drive train as the Aqua, easily does 18 from the J'Apura Hospital to Borella, and back again. And this is with the typical 'kata kapala' traffic. And I mostly drive the car like I stole it.

From Jpura hospital to Borella? :o

Are you secretly having an ambulance service machan? :P

• Like 1

Something is seriously wrong with your freaking car. Sell it and buy a normal car. For the money you spent on that hunk of junk, you should be getting your money's worth. Your are obviously not. There is NO WAY you can get 12 in he city and 24 in the Highway. Check your fux capacitor and see it if its giving out 500mV.

Come to think of if, for that price, one can buy two grande puntos, have some fun and still get better fuel economy than the aqua :)

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Hush

Hashaard,

I too own an Aqua 2014 and I have full record of fuel consumption up to now from the day I cleared the car from Hambanthota port. According to my figures, your car is same with my car too.

My usage pattern

-1 km distance from my accommodation to office (which consumes more fuel due to short distance twice a day)

- I'm going Matara (my home) using Southern express way once a month.

- Others are general Colombo city and outside usage

Fuel Record km/L (Full Tank to Full Tank)

-Recorded minimum = 15.6 (Car reading 16.1) **

-Recorded Maximum = 25.84 (Car Reading 27.7)

-Average up to now = 18.75

Generally I observed 0.6 to 1.9 less between actual to car reading may be due to issues in fuel pumps.

** Please note that this minimum value is for full tank to full tank. But for heavy traffic in sunny day, its true that, the trip value decreases up to 10-12.

Your highway value 20-24 is perfectly correct. I too having same. If you keep 70-80 km/h, then you could obtain 25+km/l, but for 110 km/l, it will reduced up to 21-22 km/l.

When comparing with my previous car (1000 cc Vitz 2007) its average was 12.00 km/l for 72,000 km usage. So, Aqua's fuel consumption improvement for me (56.25 %) is massive and remarkable. On the other hand, I guess, the Aqua's average will increase up to 22 km/L if I drive at least 30 km per day (15 up & down) for my office travelling.

• Like 2

As we discuss fuel figures vs Hybrids here, Can someone clarify the following please?

1. Lets assume we pay 4.5Million for a Hybrid Card

2. Use it mostly in the city where not even 100Kms per day is used & could be usually 2000Kms per month.

3. Lets assume Hybrid fuel consumption is 18/L and then you spend around 15000LKR for fuel

4. Regular car does around 10Km/L and have to spend 26000LKR per month

5. Saving is 11000LKR per month (Hopefully on fuel)

6. In 5 years time; savings of 6.6 laks

Assuming a Hybrid is depreciated a lot more than a gasoline car,

Will it worth saving 6.6 laks on fuel (Assuming no repairs done on any of those 2 cars)?

Forgive me for not talking about the environment but I kind of feel like driving a CRV than Vezzel / or any other comparison of both Hybrid and Non-Hybrid is worth. (This may also be related with the unfair tax amounts we pay while bringing down an unit from Japan)

Please be kind to share your thoughts with facts if possible to gain some knowledge.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Like 4

I bought mine not for the cost savings but simply to minimize wastage. As for your question, one could also arbitrarily believe that hybrids will depreciate no more than a regular gas car, no? Or even, depreciate less than a regular gas car? In that case the savings would be well founded. A CRV and a Vezel, apples and oranges. Stafford is bringing down the HRV, which is the regular version of the Vezel. A comparison between those two would be the sensible thing to do.

• Like 2

When non-hybrid auto hatchback (Vitz) doing 8-9 km/l, Aquas doing 13-14 km/l (like coolcar's friend)

When non-hybrid auto hatchback doing 11-12 km/l, Aquas doing 17-19 km/l

When non-hybrid auto hatchback doing 14-15 km/l, Aquas doing 22-24 km/l

At extreme condition (70 km/h at expressway) when non-hybrid auto hatchback doing 20-21 km/l, Aquas doing 32-34 km/l

Therefore,

the best way to describe Aquas fuel efficiency is "almost always it's doing 50-60% more than non-hybrid same category car (like Vitz)".

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Nishan.dj" data-cid="286397" data-time="1447654367"><p>

<br />

What do you mean by this?</p></blockquote>

I mean that sitting in traffic with the engine running is useless and just wastes fuel.

• Like 1