• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The All New Mazda 2 (2016/sedan)

car_lover2015

Question

Hey folks,

Good day to all of you, so let me start with this first, i'm planing to buy a new car around 5mil. Initially i wanted to buy the all new Mazda 3 and colonial motors only has it with 1.6cc engine (This one doesn't come with skyactive engine). I'm keen about this new skyactive engine so they offered me the all new Mazda 2 Sedan with skyactive engine, It will cost me around 4.6m. It looks pretty darn good actually, and i really like it.

Has anyone had a chance to test it? if so what do you think about it?

Please share your thoughts about this car,

Thank you.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:19 PM, H.C said:

Supra, Have you got i stop in your 2 or 6?.Guys at colonial  asked me to disable the i stop permanently .According to them i stop will put undue stress on starter motor and 12v battery?.   Whats your experience on it?. Hope this well help Nirosha as well as Im having similar setup to Nirosha.

Have it on the 6 and the MX5 but not the 2. I generally switch it off when I'm driving in traffic. Worthwhile checking with them how exactly they disable the Istop and whether it can negatively affect anything else. I don't see how it can affect the starter motor since as far as I know it's done via compression like you said. But it could put strain on things like mounts, and definitely does affect the battery. 

I too feel like switching off the istop manually when driving in traffic,without completely disabling it. Congrats on MX5. Saw a pic with Suneth but never new it was yours. Any plan for a Mazda meet up or anything similar. I can vaguely remember that you were discussing about a meet up sometime back.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

On 5/3/2018 at 1:24 PM, Supra_Natural said:

Great choice mate, I'm sure you'll be very happy with the car. Agents should be able to sort you out for any maintenance as I assume it's the same 1.5 Skyactiv engine and 6 speed box that the 2 has. What is your final landed price going to be?

Thanks a lot. The car is fun to drive. Acceleration and the handling is good. But still cannot compare with the manual transmission I feel. Nothing to do with the left arm and the leg ?

Auction bought price                                          = 1,595,000 JPY  
Shipping, insurance, inspection charges           =  220,000  JPy
Total CIF for the car                                           = 1,815,000 JPY 
In LKR                                                                = ~ 2,649,900 (1,815,000 x ~ 1.46)

Costumes and clearing                                      = 46,522
Import charges                                                   = 50,000
Total                                                                   = ~ 2,746,422

(Imported with the 5 Mil tax wived off permit)
Edited by Nirosha
update

Thanks guys for the i-stop issue. I am going to turn it off when driven in traffic.

Another thing now how should I service it? Now its driven 1050 kms. Service intervals and other thing should I consider? Anyone have a manual in English (2017 Mazda Axela)?

8 hours ago, Nirosha said:

Thanks guys for the i-stop issue. I am going to turn it off when driven in traffic.

Another thing now how should I service it? Now its driven 1050 kms. Service intervals and other thing should I consider? Anyone have a manual in English (2017 Mazda Axela)?

I would suggest talking to the agents regarding service intervals. As for the manual I assume the Mazda 3 one will work, you can probably get it online. Look at getting the UK or Australian version.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 5:05 PM, Supra_Natural said:

I would suggest talking to the agents regarding service intervals. As for the manual I assume the Mazda 3 one will work, you can probably get it online. Look at getting the UK or Australian version.

I asked the agents. For the initial service they only wash the car, read the computer etc for Rs. 4500 and Rs. 18000 - 22000 for full service. They are changing oil in every 5000km only. Not even in the initials service.

The Mazna told basic service would be less than Rs. 10000. Checking the shocks and few other things, which I cant recall now. They did not gave much details. I sent a sms requesting the details. But no reply yet since last Thursday. They offer two service intervals in every 5000km or in every 10000km.

Now my mileage is ~2200km. Which one should I select? Do you have any experience with both of them?

13 hours ago, Nirosha said:

I asked the agents. For the initial service they only wash the car, read the computer etc for Rs. 4500 and Rs. 18000 - 22000 for full service. They are changing oil in every 5000km only. Not even in the initials service.

The Mazna told basic service would be less than Rs. 10000. Checking the shocks and few other things, which I cant recall now. They did not gave much details. I sent a sms requesting the details. But no reply yet since last Thursday. They offer two service intervals in every 5000km or in every 10000km.

Now my mileage is ~2200km. Which one should I select? Do you have any experience with both of them?

Well....which first service are you referring to ? One at 1000km that you are pondering about ? Usually the 1000km service is not a service...its just an "inspection" to check for things like the engine shaving, valve clearances, etc...which were done in the past...and one way to check for shaving o the engine was to check the oil, and since the oil was taken out they just swapped it out anyway. Things have changed quite a lot now that some of these inspections are not actually necessary. So the manufacturer not changing oil at 1000km can be understandable.

6 hours ago, iRage said:

Well....which first service are you referring to ? One at 1000km that you are pondering about ? Usually the 1000km service is not a service...its just an "inspection" to check for things like the engine shaving, valve clearances, etc...which were done in the past...and one way to check for shaving o the engine was to check the oil, and since the oil was taken out they just swapped it out anyway. Things have changed quite a lot now that some of these inspections are not actually necessary. So the manufacturer not changing oil at 1000km can be understandable.

Yes the inspection at the 1000km. Actually I was planing to do the 1st service at ~1500km on the odometer. But missed it due to unavoidable +700km journey. Therefor I was thinking to do the initial service (normally doing at 1000km - the Inspection you told). Or should I do a full service right away since I missed it? Or anything else?

22 minutes ago, Nirosha said:

Yes the inspection at the 1000km. Actually I was planing to do the 1st service at ~1500km on the odometer. But missed it due to unavoidable +700km journey. Therefor I was thinking to do the initial service (normally doing at 1000km - the Inspection you told). Or should I do a full service right away since I missed it? Or anything else?

Well...what did the agent recommend ? or what do they recommend for vehicles that have the same engine ? If the agent says it is not needed then you can just stick to what they do. 

I checked the Mazda Japan website as well. Go check this page :

http://www.mazda.co.jp/carlife/service/care/packdemente/

Check under the section for new car owners for a 3 year maintenance schedule (until the first Shaken inspection). You will see that there is no oil change for the first 6 months of the car's life (i.e. that would be translated to about 5000~6000km). then a filter change at 12 months, etc...so you really don't need to worry about it (provided of course you trust the car you bought).

Like I said..the whole change oil and detailed inspection at 1000km is kind of an old time thing to do.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, iRage said:

Well...what did the agent recommend ? or what do they recommend for vehicles that have the same engine ? If the agent says it is not needed then you can just stick to what they do. 

I checked the Mazda Japan website as well. Go check this page :

http://www.mazda.co.jp/carlife/service/care/packdemente/

Check under the section for new car owners for a 3 year maintenance schedule (until the first Shaken inspection). You will see that there is no oil change for the first 6 months of the car's life (i.e. that would be translated to about 5000~6000km). then a filter change at 12 months, etc...so you really don't need to worry about it (provided of course you trust the car you bought).

Like I said..the whole change oil and detailed inspection at 1000km is kind of an old time thing to do.

CM told me that if the car is imported with a company better to do a full service since they do change the odometer for sure. But if it is a private import its ok to do the initial inspection if I trust the odometer. And they quoted Rs. 4500/- for the initials service while Mazna recommended the basic service which they quoted less than Rs. 10000/-. So which one to select?

Also Mazna offers two service intervals. 5000km per and 10000km per service I guess this is bcs of the engine oil they used.

49 minutes ago, Nirosha said:

CM told me that if the car is imported with a company better to do a full service since they do change the odometer for sure. But if it is a private import its ok to do the initial inspection if I trust the odometer. And they quoted Rs. 4500/- for the initials service while Mazna recommended the basic service which they quoted less than Rs. 10000/-. So which one to select?

Also Mazna offers two service intervals. 5000km per and 10000km per service I guess this is bcs of the engine oil they used.

Well..at the end of the day its totally up to you as you are the only one who knows what the car is like and how it gets used and will be used.

If I brought down a car which I selected in Japan (where I would know what the actual mileage of the car is, trust when it was last actually service, etc...), based on how I would use the car, I would just do in the lines of what the agent says....just do a basic inspection just to make sure that nothing has gone wrong under the new running conditions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iRage said:

Well..at the end of the day its totally up to you as you are the only one who knows what the car is like and how it gets used and will be used.

If I brought down a car which I selected in Japan (where I would know what the actual mileage of the car is, trust when it was last actually service, etc...), based on how I would use the car, I would just do in the lines of what the agent says....just do a basic inspection just to make sure that nothing has gone wrong under the new running conditions.

Thanks a lot. I'll go to the agents as you said.