• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The All New Mazda 2 (2016/sedan)

car_lover2015

Question

Hey folks,

Good day to all of you, so let me start with this first, i'm planing to buy a new car around 5mil. Initially i wanted to buy the all new Mazda 3 and colonial motors only has it with 1.6cc engine (This one doesn't come with skyactive engine). I'm keen about this new skyactive engine so they offered me the all new Mazda 2 Sedan with skyactive engine, It will cost me around 4.6m. It looks pretty darn good actually, and i really like it.

Has anyone had a chance to test it? if so what do you think about it?

Please share your thoughts about this car,

Thank you.

20 hours ago, RWD said:

Supra/Car lover or anyone who owns a new 6,3 or 2

Dug up this thread because you guys had suspension issues on your cars. I had the same knocking sound going over speed bumps which turned out to be a bad shock mount. This was sorted under warranty but a few weeks later the sound is back. When you Google 'mazda3 or mazda6 2014 suspension noises' this seems to be a common issue on the new mazdas. Was your issue sorted permanantly- and if so what did Col*nial Motors do to fix it? Going to have to take the car back their again- but I am now out of warranty!

A friend of mine has a new 2 and she also has the same problem- so its definitely not an isolated case!

Hey RWD, I am abroad right now, so my wife is using the car, she has no clue about these issues but I think everything is ok at the moment, CM just replaced those front mounts that's all as i remember.  I will get back to SL in september then I will give you guys an update. 

On 4/19/2017 at 5:15 PM, RWD said:

Supra/Car lover or anyone who owns a new 6,3 or 2

Dug up this thread because you guys had suspension issues on your cars. I had the same knocking sound going over speed bumps which turned out to be a bad shock mount. This was sorted under warranty but a few weeks later the sound is back. When you Google 'mazda3 or mazda6 2014 suspension noises' this seems to be a common issue on the new mazdas. Was your issue sorted permanantly- and if so what did Col*nial Motors do to fix it? Going to have to take the car back their again- but I am now out of warranty!

A friend of mine has a new 2 and she also has the same problem- so its definitely not an isolated case!

Sorry just saw this,

Colonial couldn't sort it out the first time I took it in. The sound went away for a couple of weeks but then came back. After that they replaced the shock mounts completely with new items and I haven't had an issue since then. Car has done almost 10,000 KM since the repair.

Haven't had any noise issues on the 6 so far and its at 45k KM now

On 15/01/2017 at 2:55 PM, car_lover2015 said:

Yes machan I agree with that. This mazda 2 hatch comes with a shark fin.

cache.jpg

op194-a29-Mazda32.jpg

Talking about shark fins, Yesterday managed to get my hands on an antenna (dummy) and fixed it just for the appearance.;)

Looks ok, but it looks better on latest models I guess. ^_^

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Talking about shark fins, Yesterday managed to get my hands on an antenna (dummy) and fixed it just for the appearance.;)

Looks ok, but it looks better on latest models I guess. ^_^

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

Where did you get it from? ebay? I'm looking for a genuine Mazda shark fin, just don't want to install a chinese crap. By the way look at this  picture, 2017 M2 comes with a shark fin.

th_mzd_2_4.jpg

Edited by car_lover2015

3 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

Where did you get it from? ebay? I'm looking for a genuine Mazda shark fin, just don't want to install a chinese crap. By the way look at this  picture, 2017 M2 comes with a shark fin.

th_mzd_2_4.jpg

It was from Delkanda. Not the real thing just the dummy. The real thing with wires was also available.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, car_lover2015 said:

Hey guys, 

Here is my baby, I have been using it for like 6 months, it's a great car, bought it from CM. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

@car_lover2015 I am very interested in buying a Mazda 2 hatchback (probably a 2018 model). Can you share your experience with this car.

Edited by Nirosha

The Mazda 3 hatchback is no more imported by the CM. Is it a good idea to import a vehicle other than the dealer. I asked the CM and they told that they are not supporting for warranty cases for vehicles imported from 3rd parties.

Edited by Nirosha

On 3/9/2018 at 12:40 PM, Nirosha said:

The Mazda 3 hatchback is no more imported by the CM. Is it a good idea to import a vehicle other than the dealer. I asked the CM and they told that they are not supporting for warranty cases for vehicles imported from 3rd parties.

The Mazda 3 hatchback was never imported by CM. It was only the sedan that was imported. And it's quite standard for an agent to refuse warranty on a car not imported by them, because even the manufacturer will not extend a warranty on a car that is sold it a market other than the one it was intended for in the first place, too much risk for them. This has always been the case with JDM cars brought here, by and large if you get a good example in the first place you won't have any issues. The agents will still fix them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

Are you looking for the 3 hatch or the 2 hatch? @Nirosha

I like Mazda 3 hatch and I love Mazda CX-3^_^. But probably a Mazda 2 Hatch due to my budget limitation :(.

34 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

The Mazda 3 hatchback was never imported by CM. It was only the sedan that was imported. And it's quite standard for an agent to refuse warranty on a car not imported by them, because even the manufacturer will not extend a warranty on a car that is sold it a market other than the one it was intended for in the first place, too much risk for them. This has always been the case with JDM cars brought here, by and large if you get a good example in the first place you won't have any issues. The agents will still fix them.

Hmm.. The sales guy who was @ the Wattala branch told me that they previously bought the Mazda 3 hatch but no more due to less demand.!?

Is it a good idea to import with a third party (they are giving 3 years warranty through Laughs) since there is a considerable price difference?

Also I am willing to use it more than 6, 7 years.

Edited by Nirosha
more details ..

On 3/9/2018 at 4:10 PM, Nirosha said:

That has always been the case....if there is a recall on any of the models the agent will (or at least some have in the past) give you the part in question; however they will still charge you a handling fee and at times labor.

4 years ago when we were moving from Japan to SL we were thinking of buying a car here and taking it with us....the manufacturer specifically stated that the warranty will be void and if we needed warranty we would have to pay the SL dealer a premium (which accounted for like a few million LKR.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

That has always been the case....if there is a recall on any of the models the agent will (or at least some have in the past) give you the part in question; however they will still charge you a handling fee and at times labor.

4 years ago when we were moving from Japan to SL we were thinking of buying a car here and taking it with us....the manufacturer specifically stated that the warranty will be void and if we needed warranty we would have to pay the SL dealer a premium (which accounted for like a few million LKR.

When I asked the CM they told they are not providing such a warranty even for extra as you said. Also he told that it is needed to discuss with Japan company.

One of my friends imported an Audi A3 very recently. He told me that the Audi dealer is giving warranty for third party imports for about Rs. 2.5 laks if I remember correctly.

BTW I never heard Mazda recall for Sri Lanka. Is there any history? (I know future cannot be predicted for this kind of cases :). but for information.

Edited by Nirosha

3 hours ago, Nirosha said:

When I asked the CM they told they are not providing such a warranty even for extra as you said. Also he told that it is needed to discuss with Japan company.

One of my friends imported an Audi A3 very recently. He told me that the Audi dealer is giving warranty for third party imports for about Rs. 2.5 laks if I remember correctly.

BTW I never heard Mazda recall for Sri Lanka. Is there any history? (I know future cannot be predicted for this kind of cases :). but for information.

There have been a few issues here and there but no blanket recall AFAIK. I had a problem with my front shock mounts which turned out to be a defect and that was covered under warranty. It was apparently a problem with that batch of parts so a few more cars were affected. Providing a warranty for extra cost is really upto the individual agent, some will, some won't. Also keep in mind that these "Importer warranties" are as much of a lottery as the mahajana sampatha, they have so many exclusion clauses that they've covered their ass for everything, so I really wouldn't count on it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nirosha said:

Yes...we were buying it in Japan...so this is what we heard from the manufacture in Japan. That the warranty can be extended at a premium. THis was with Mazda and Toyota. Mazda's premium covered everything. With Toyota, we were looking at a Camry when it first came out..they said the premium would cover everything except the HSV and battery systems.

• Thanks 1