• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The All New Mazda 2 (2016/sedan)

car_lover2015

Question

Hey folks,

Good day to all of you, so let me start with this first, i'm planing to buy a new car around 5mil. Initially i wanted to buy the all new Mazda 3 and colonial motors only has it with 1.6cc engine (This one doesn't come with skyactive engine). I'm keen about this new skyactive engine so they offered me the all new Mazda 2 Sedan with skyactive engine, It will cost me around 4.6m. It looks pretty darn good actually, and i really like it.

Has anyone had a chance to test it? if so what do you think about it?

Please share your thoughts about this car,

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Supra_Natural said:

Great looking car dude, congrats on the buy, you must be glad you got it before the taxes went up again! What made you pick the hatch over the Sedan in the end?

I actually totally forgot about this thread for awhile, I also ended up getting a 2 Sedan to replace my Hilux as the daily hack back in March last year and I've done about 13,000 KM on it by now. Very pleased with the car overall, great fun to drive, good kit list, decent economy and pretty comfortable too. Had an issue early on where there was a clunking from the front end which turned out to be the top mounts of the shocks. There was apparently some production issue with a batch of them, in the end got them replaced under warranty and all good now. 

I didn't really like the standard tyres (185/65 x 16) very much so when I damaged one I took the opportunity to upgrade to 205/55s and I feel they have made the car drive even better. I have a few more tweaks in mind that I will do casually as I go along, I plan to keep this for a few years at least.

A few of us are trying to get the Mazda-Ford Owners club going again since it's been dormant for awhile, you (and everyone else on AL driving MAzdas and Fords) should definitely join up.

2 Sd 1.jpg

2 Sd2.jpg

2 Sd3.jpg

Wow! I knew you bought a Mazda 2 but this is the first time I saw her photos.

Looks good Supra.

Would you consider a lip spoiler and a shark tail antenna? With them she would even look better.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by sathyajithj99
More info

Welcome to the forum. How much did they ask for mazda 3?

There are personally imported mazda axela hybrids for around 6 M on classifieds which comes with Skyactiv 2L engine.

I'm pretty sure Mazda 2 is a great car but it is a subcompact sedan whereas 3/axela is a compact. So would you be ok with that? ( there are Mazda 3 and 2 hatchbacks as well)

I'm really proud of you that you consider to buy some non boring cars like Mazdas for a 5 M budget when most people go for boring priuses and graces.(no offence on the owners )

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 2

There are personally imported mazda axela hybrids for around 6 M on classifieds which comes with Skyactiv 2L engine.

I'm pretty sure Mazda 2 is a great car but it is a subcompact sedan whereas 3/axela is a compact. So would you be ok with that? ( there are Mazda 3 and 2 hatchbacks as well)

I'm really proud of you that you consider to buy some non boring cars like Mazdas for a 5 M budget when most people go for boring priuses and graces.(no offence on the owners )

The JDM Hybrid Axela is a pretty decent car, however, although it has the 2.0L SkyActive engine it kind of is watered down; so don't expect the same zoominess as the SkyActive 2.0L you would get in the non-Hybrid models.

That's true iRage. But unfortunately Co##nials only have Mazda 3 with non Skyactiv 1.6L engine.

I haven't seen any 2L Skyactiv non-hybrid ones here. Maybe there are personally imported ones.

By the way there are a lot of hybrid 2L axelas with Skyactiv fortunately.

I see them on the roads daily which makes my day.

That's true iRage. But unfortunately Co##nials only have Mazda 3 with non Skyactiv 1.6L engine. I haven't seen any 2L Skyactiv non-hybrid ones here. Maybe there are personally imported ones. By the way there are a lot of hybrid 2L axelas with Skyactiv fortunately. I see them on the roads daily which makes my day.

Uhh...think something got lost there....what I meant was...the Hybrid Axela which comes with the 2.0L SkyActive is pretty watered down. The Axela sedan does not come in a gasoline only SkyActive 2.0L variant only the Sport (hatchback) variant does.

The Mazda 3 sedan on the other hand I believe comes with a 2.0L SkyActive in some markets.

Uhh...think something got lost there....what I meant was...the Hybrid Axela which comes with the 2.0L SkyActive is pretty watered down. The Axela sedan does not come in a gasoline only SkyActive 2.0L variant only the Sport (hatchback) variant does.

The Mazda 3 sedan on the other hand I believe comes with a 2.0L SkyActive in some markets.

I'm glad that I cleared that up. Thanks iRage.

Thanks mate :D 6M is way out of my budget otherwise i would have gone for a slightly used Mazda 6.

Mazda 3 - 5.7M at the moment, the only issue is, it does NOT come with SkyActive tech.

Yes it looks great, i have watched so many reviews on youtube as well, interior looks great and i really like the kodo design, even though it's a subcompact sedan it's fine. no issues at all with that.

and the other thing is the all new mazda 2 has two types of head lights ( Asian market - HID halogen head lights which sucks, European market - LED projector headlamps these look great) so i will have to replace those HID halogen head lights with LED projector headlamps

saw that nice mazda2 sedan advert on 2days newspaper which said "limited stock" & "2.8M for permit holders" just for your info.

wish i had a car permit :P

Thanks mate :D 6M is way out of my budget otherwise i would have gone for a slightly used Mazda 6.

Mazda 3 - 5.7M at the moment, the only issue is, it does NOT come with SkyActive tech.

Yes it looks great, i have watched so many reviews on youtube as well, interior looks great and i really like the kodo design, even though it's a subcompact sedan it's fine. no issues at all with that.

and the other thing is the all new mazda 2 has two types of head lights ( Asian market - HID halogen head lights which sucks, European market - LED projector headlamps these look great) so i will have to replace those HID halogen head lights with LED projector headlamps

wish i had a car permit :P

it IS possible to get a slightly used 6 for well under 6 million (well at least it was a few months ago.)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="car_lover2015" data-cid="286178" data-time="1447343415"><p>

+ Luxury taxes :/<br />

where did you order it from ? </p></blockquote>

From Ca&$@)t. Assures me that my order will be pre-budget price. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Mazda6

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="car_lover2015" data-cid="286178" data-time="1447343415"><p>

+ Luxury taxes :/<br />

where did you order it from ? </p></blockquote>

From Ca&$@)t. Assures me that my order will be pre-budget price. Fingers crossed.

Isn't the Luxury taxes will get cancelled after April 2016??.. saw it on the Budget docs on web.

Hi,

Let me provide my idea about Mazda 2.

It was early last year when my aunty wanted to get a car for her permit. Due to her limited budget, we had to search more and contacted the C** M**t as well. They offered us Mazda 2 sedan for about 2.7 m. I did not have any issue with the quality of that vehicle. But it was a rare model in SL and they did not market it either. Considering those facts we did not go for that vehicle. Even today I rarely see that model on the roads in SL. But I strongly believe, if some marketing has done, there is a higher potential of been popular that model in SL

Saw a mazda 2 sedan on my way yesterday. She was hot. :smilie_liebe9: Better looking than most of the new sedans.

great news, which colour was it ?

Hi,

Let me provide my idea about Mazda 2.

It was early last year when my aunty wanted to get a car for her permit. Due to her limited budget, we had to search more and contacted the C** M**t as well. They offered us Mazda 2 sedan for about 2.7 m. I did not have any issue with the quality of that vehicle. But it was a rare model in SL and they did not market it either. Considering those facts we did not go for that vehicle. Even today I rarely see that model on the roads in SL. But I strongly believe, if some marketing has done, there is a higher potential of been popular that model in SL

early last year ? that means 2014? :speechless-smiley-003:

This is a new car which C M T has introduced in july this year here in Sri Lanka :sport-smiley-004:

I considered one for all of 2 minutes, because the rear and the hips remind me of a Ford Fiesta.

then what happened ? :P

Edited by car_lover2015

I don't know it is good or bad, but from the distance & for unfamiliar eyes, 2,3&6 looks same.

What I feel is Mazda is overenthusiastic once they found a nice design and applying it to their all cars.

Yeah! Even their crossovers like CX5 share the same design.

Edited by sathyajithj99

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="luckey007" data-cid="287113" data-time="1449106011"><p>

I don't know it is good or bad, but from the distance & for unfamiliar eyes, 2,3&6 looks same.<br />

What I feel is Mazda is overenthusiastic once they found a nice design and applying it to their all cars.</p></blockquote>

All audi models, Beemer share the same look even on the interiors . Even Hondas do, some even have the exact same components. What is the point you are trying to make?

Edited by The Stig